KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman????

Superman????
Started by: beaujay1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
beaujay1
!

Question Superman????

ok, i could have sworn that they said on Extra! that there was gonna be a Superman movie w/ Johnny Depp, and Beyonce. anyone else hear this????? confused confused embarrasment

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 11:04 PM
beaujay1 is currently offline Find more posts by beaujay1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

That would be just silly...Johnny cannot pull off Spiderman!!

Tobbey is in spiderman 2...dont think they will be making another ''series'' with Depp.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 11:16 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

um.....he said SUPERman........

and no. Last I heard, they were castins some young dark haired English actor to play superman........not Christian Bale as the internet rumors were stating.

There were rumors of a black Lois Lane......back when there were rumors of Will Smith playing Superman. I have not heard any black females mentioned since they decided to use a white actor as superman.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 11:34 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

right now it looks as Henry Cavill will be playing Superman....

(please log in to view the image)

I just did some net checking.........it appears as though there is a rumor of Depp playing Superman's dad Jor-El in Superman V. As with all things concerned, it is only a rumor. If Depp does do it.....you must realize that it will be a very small role.

and the Beyonce Knowles rumor has been dead for a long time.......they were only going to use a black actress if they went with a black superman.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 12:15 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

oops, my bad! smile sorry...thumb up

Still, johnny couldnt pull it off..erm

Just like Ben Affleck couldnt pull off Daredevil..erm

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 12:18 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

ofcourse Depp couldn't pull it off...........he is an amazing actor, unfortunately for him he is built like a 12 year old girl. They might aswell have Urkel play superman.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 12:24 AM
Darth Vicious

I saw that EXTRA but they didnt say Johnny Depp as Superman but as Lex Luthor which i believe he could pull off but he has to go bold and Beyonce as Lois Lane is just an absurd idea, theyll be messing the whole Superman by changing her ethnic background!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 12:51 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Beyonce? Why are people eluded with the fact that she can act huh

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 01:22 AM
Kes
Philie

Last I heard Brendon Fraiser was up for superman.
Here are some news:http://www.killermovies.com/s/superman/

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 02:37 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beaujay1
!

yeah depp couldnt be superman, hes not young enough anymore. but i did hear beyonce MAY be a black Lois Lang

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 05:54 PM
beaujay1 is currently offline Find more posts by beaujay1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Brendon Fraser has been out of the running for almost a year now.............

Old Post Feb 8th, 2004 08:03 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

..and why hasn't Tom Welling's name been mentioned?

Jesus, if they are having such a hard time casting this, why not scrap it!?
There doesn't seem to be enough interest in the franchise anymore, anyway, and Christopher Reeve is thee only Superman in my book.

Same goes for Batman. I like Christian Bale, but that franchise is a sinking ship.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2004 08:25 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

agreed..........a new Superman movie will never capture the magic that was the original. No superman will ever be able to live up to Reeve....

I don't think the movie would even do that well. Most of us folks who grew up on the original Supeman movies will shun it.............most of the kids who weren't around for the original Superman movies will probably not find the concept interesting. Kids today want to see a super hero on screen who has nine inch steel claws coming out of their hands who kill 15 people (Xmen 2)...........

Unless they change superman into a young black guy who listens to rap music and goes on a quest to right the wrongs done to his homies by the police, politicians, etc. (a.k.a. "the man")...........nobody will be too interested in the film.

As far as Batman goes..........they should have stopped at the first one. A good flick with a new take on the super hero. After the first movie it was all down hill. I'm so ashamed of Tommy Lee Jones.........

Old Post Feb 8th, 2004 08:43 AM
bishop187
bishop

i heard it is going to be henry cavill as superman johnny deep as lex and beyonce as lois but i dont agree with any of that to make it work you need to use the smallville cast after another couple of seasons

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 04:18 PM
bishop187 is currently offline Click here to Send bishop187 a Private Message Find more posts by bishop187 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Why do they need to use the Smallville cast? The story in Smallville is all upside down...Why not use Dean Cain and Tery hatcher (sp)? They've been talking about a new movie since that series was on the air!
They can use any group of actors (as long as their good) to do the film.
Moving to Superman forum.
Moving--moved

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 05:38 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowSorciere

YES!! Thank you Kes!!! You've just said what I've said months ago! I want Dean as Supes, and Terry as Lois. Welling can't pull off Superman And Beyonce as Lois!!! mad Good God! She's annoying and she can't act!!! Don't mess with Lois, she is not black, and I personally don't think her character would thrive like that

http://www.fanfiction.net/~demonicgambit

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 05:37 AM
ShadowSorciere is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowSorciere a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowSorciere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote