KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Who's Gonna Win The NBA Championship?

Who will win the NBA Championship?
This poll is closed.
San Antonio Spurs 4 57.14%
Sacramento Kings 1 14.29%
Los Angeles Lakers 1 14.29%
New York Knicks 0 0%
New Jersey Nets 0 0%
Indiana Pacers 1 14.29%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who's Gonna Win The NBA Championship?
Started by: SAtown_punk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jeff_Atello

Spurs won tonight, completely manhandling the T-Wolves. They are only half a game behind L.A. to retake their spot. I think they will get it back, and maybe even pass Minnesota. But nobody will pass Sacramento.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 10:36 AM
Jeff_Atello is currently offline Click here to Send Jeff_Atello a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff_Atello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boxofdeath2.0

I think it's quite obvious that the Spurs will win the title and here's why:

Starting with the Rockets first championship in 94, either Robert Horry or Steve Kerr has been on every championship team (Rockets-Horry. Bulls-Kerr. Spurs-Kerr. Lakers-Horry. Spurs-Kerr) Since Kerr is now retired, the weight lies solely on Horry. And with the Spurs signing him in the off-season to replace their automatic-championship-winner-Kerr, the Spurs pretty much won the championship before a signle game was even played.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 03:19 PM
boxofdeath2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send boxofdeath2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by boxofdeath2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

LAMO!!! i love die hard Spurs fans! they're almost as bad as Lakers fans.

Oh and the Lakers are now 1 game behind Minnesota to take 2nd place in the west. I don't see the Lakers relinquishing their position to San Antonio at this point because the Lakers have a ton of home games left before the end of their season. I can't wait to see how things shape up for everyone in the final weeks of the season. (both spurs and Lakers fans alike)

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 05:30 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

if lakers take 2nd seed in the west, they won't meet the sac kings until 2nd round, if they get that far...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2004 12:27 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jeff_Atello

L.A. will lose in the first round, especially if Kobe has to take leave for his more pressing matters. San Antonio will pass them again, I think. I know they have mostly home games left, but that doesn't mean their minds will be on the game.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2004 01:17 AM
Jeff_Atello is currently offline Click here to Send Jeff_Atello a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff_Atello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

As long as the Lakers don't seed up against The Rockets in the 1st round...they'll pass it by easily. The Rockets aren't really that good of a team overall, they just match up against the Lakers really well.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2004 01:27 AM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

COME ON DAMNIT! What the hell is wrong with the T-Wolves. They need to pull their act back together. This is making me angry. If they fall far behind in seeding, then consideration for KG as MVP will go down and I really want to see him win it.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2004 03:20 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jeff_Atello

They will lose tomorrow night against the Spurs.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 06:23 AM
Linkalicious

hmmmm....Wednesday head to head vs the Kings. It should be a really good Laker game as well.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 05:49 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff_Atello
They will lose tomorrow night against the Spurs.

Hmmm... losing our psychic powers are we?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 04:36 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

Lakers raped Sacramento last night. They are 28-6 when they have all 4 of their stars...and they have a 6 game win streak. I smell a #1 seed.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2004 03:53 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I don't know if they'll make it to #1 seed. Its possible but Sacramento would have to go into a slump while the Lakers continue their streak.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2004 09:46 PM
Linkalicious

12 games left and the lakers are 2 games behind right now. It's not likely, but i do feel it's entirely possible. Call it the hopeless Laker fanatic in me.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2004 11:39 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Oh I agree its possible. But I'd say 75-80% that the Kings will retain their spot. I hope that the Cavs can retain their playoff spot as well. They are in the 8th seed but only by 1/2 a game over the Celtics.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2004 11:59 PM
Linkalicious

if it's between the celtics and the cavs...i hope the celtics go. I love Paul Pierce that guy is a bad ass. But if it's any other team in the East...then Go Cavs!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 03:51 PM
Jeff_Atello

Minnesota lost last night(thanks L.A.), which is good. I guess L.A. could get the number 1 seed, but I don't know. I just know that I, as a Spurs fan, do not want to play Memphis or Dallas in the first round.

Boston doesn't deserve a playoff spot.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2004 10:27 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I'm fine with LA getting best record as long as they don't win the championship.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2004 12:13 AM
boxofdeath2.0

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff_Atello
Boston doesn't deserve a playoff spot.

Only 3 teams in the East (NJ, Detriot, and Indy) deserve a playoff spot. The rest of them are absolute garbage.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2004 02:06 AM
boxofdeath2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send boxofdeath2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by boxofdeath2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Lebron is now the youngest player to ever score 40 pts with 41. He had 13 assists as well in a come back victory over NJ. I'm also glad to see that the Blazers are only 1/2 a game from the 8th seed behind Utah. What a great day for NBA: T-Wolves over Clips, Spurs over Suns, Pistons over Knicks. Everyteam that I wanted to win won today. YAY!

Old Post Mar 28th, 2004 10:39 AM
Jeff_Atello

I really want L.A. to pass Sacramento, because then San Antonio won't play them until the Western Conf. Finals. lol.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2004 08:03 PM