KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Oscar Time

Oscar Time
Started by: ToMacco

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
finti

I hope the Oscars get cancelled cause it is corrupted

Old Post Mar 6th, 2002 10:02 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Crowe had a hissy fit at one of the show producers because they cut his acceptance speech short.. I guess he actually had the guy up against the wall. Aparently he has a bit of a history of doing things like this.

Anyway, Moulin Rouge won best picture at the Producers Guild of America Awards and if it wins at the Director's Guild Awards it's going to look really bad that it didn't even get nominated. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 6th, 2002 11:15 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, it doesn't greatly matter what people you have talked to say, To, but public feedback on the film was very positive.

Saying people 'don't like musicals' is rather meaningless as it is a dead genre in movies. That it was musical was a novelty thing for Moulin. But it wasn't done like a traditional musical nor was it aimed at a 'musical' audience, if such a thing existed any more.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 6th, 2002 08:12 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I think Best Actor this year is COMPLETELY up for grabs.

The only one I can totally count out is Will Smith. He won't win.

And I don't think Sean Penn will win either, but he could, because he hasn't won yet, but has been nominated before.

I don't think Crowe will take it home, because I doubt the Acadamy already wants to do a back-to-back Oscar thing again. But I think he did the best job out of the five.

Wilkinson was awesome, could win; Oscars love the kind of performace he gave. I think "In The Bedroom" will take home Best Acress and Best Supporting Acress, so I wouldn't doubt the Best Actor.

I think Washington will win, though. I havn't seen Training Day, but a black actor hasn't won for years and years and years. Washington won Best Supporting Actor for "Glory" like 14 years ago. So I think he will take it home.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Mar 6th, 2002 09:57 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Yes, the buzz in Hollywood is that Crowe is not going to wrap his fingers around Oscar this year!
Up untill his little shanangan in London, he was a sure thing, but many in Hollywood were absolutely appalled at his actions and feel that nice, non producer choking Denzel finally deserves to take one home instead!
And now a new book has come out where Steve Nash's antisemetic views are cleary emphasised, and Jewish Hollywood is not happy.
I predict that the only Oscar A Beautiful Mind will win is for Jennifer Connaley, and she doesn't even deserve that one! Halle Berry does!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2002 10:31 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote