KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » RP General Discussion

RP General Discussion
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (685): « First ... « 680 681 [682] 683 684 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Melkor

So, when do we start the new episode?

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 10:53 AM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And lo did Melkor summon forth the power of story!

-

Ok I'm still up against things time-wise but I will try and power things up in the coming weeks.

Still on my list:

- Update your xp

- Sort out visions

- Become millionaire

I can't promise I'll be around a lot but I will do what I can- I'll try and leave as much as possible as can e resolved by you guys talking. There's not actually much in the way of general combat scenes in this story because there are no mooks.

Q: Does this mean any serious fights in this story are lightsabre duels?

A1: Actually, there is at least one set piece that MAY happen that is not (I( say 'may', because as I mentioned in the preview thread, there are multiple routed for both sides to try and I don't know what you will go for

A2: But basically... yes. It's freaking Duel-a-rama. In fact, there's a rough system where you may take on multiple opponents who effectively combine to form one skilled duel opponent as a concept, if you get my drift, because they aren't all as good as you.

But some are.

-

Anyway, what with me being so busy- and also because I do actually kinda have a cut off date in mind for when I want to withdraw from KMC- long term prospects are tricky, though I definitely want to tie off the campaign. In part because of this, I have semi-spoiled a bunch of stuff in your intros this time so you can see some potential story ideas that existed. In fact, the Battle of Kiraly has been foreshadowed (in both the PT and OT games, though in the OT 'foreshadow' is maybe not the word to use for an event in the past), though you'd have tp have a pretty bloody good memory to even have a chance of seeing where by this point.

In both cases, though, I've laid out what the end points are for both sides so that if we never finish, you know where it was going. Which is not to say it can;t still be played out if need be, and I've hardly explained everything.

But for those who have a lot of spare time and want to play detective, there are already enough clues to know how the Jedi survived the Clone Wars. I say 'the Jedi', because it would only apply to anyone still paying by then. Anyone else died either during, at the end of or shortly after the wars, as heroic as they may want. Ultimately, you probably all have to go down some time, but that one would be left open.

As the the Dark Siders- ironically, we have more freedom for survival there, but their end point is at the [i[start[/i] of the Clone Was, not the end, and it is just as potentially fatal. But there's still a chance.

And yes, Thalos would have been a possible |OT storyline, its status affected by the choice the Jedi made at the end of their story there.

Anyway, talk away....

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 20th, 2016 at 10:42 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 10:27 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

And now I must know how this ends...

What becomes of Xavier and his eternal quest for love and fixing things!!!!

Seriously though Ush it has been so much playing these games over the past 11 years, wow it's been that long. And I'm excited to see how this next story plays out.

Edit: Also I am owed a free vision from the past game since I didn't get anything when I should have stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 11:03 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Thanks for starting this USh, though I am sorry to hear you are plannning to leave the forum, I am still enjoying you games very much! Are you planning to abandom RPG at all?

It would be nice to have an OT game sequel for Thalos.

And I will have Manifest Destiny for Gallador.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 11:10 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I'm also sad to hear you want to leave KMC, but I'm looking forward to this game.

Is there a chance you may want to continue it (or other games) somewhere else?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 11:02 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just to clarify about me leaving:

- It's not imminent, but based on how things are already with me being pushed for time, and with my plan being to have even more stuff to do in future, there is a point where KMC just won't fit in any more.

- If we're anywhere near the closing point on this by the time we get to that point, I'd still come on to get that done

- I'd consider other gaming options in future. I might do some PBEM stuff- I'd design it from the ground up to be relatively easy to administer.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 12:21 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Thanks for clarification! It propably takes much more time running games than playing and I also don`t have as much time as I would like for such stuff.

Let's try to move quicker in this game than the last episode, maybe the fact there that may not be as many long battles could help.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Last edited by Lord Melkor on Feb 21st, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 12:30 PM
Craft
CTE

Oh yeah! Let's get this party started, good to see the campaign threads back up.

It's a shame that life overtakes us sometimes but it happens. Really liked the little spoilers in the descriptions. I have always wondered where these games would lead eventually. Would love to play it through to the end though. big grin

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 02:14 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Edit - this is for Private Messages.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Last edited by Lord Melkor on Feb 21st, 2016 at 02:35 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 02:31 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I think the Battle of Kiraly V got referenced in the OT wrap-up?

I've been playing this for a long time, it's sad to see the end in sight but we're all right for time these days. Lots of fond memories overall.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 01:44 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Jelena's vision way back when! I hope we can get up to the big finale.

I'm excited to duel, Jelena hasn't yet done it.

Do you want us to consolidate our xp spending in the new game thread?

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 04:22 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

I'd like to think that Gallagher survived somehow... but he's pretty flimsy, really...

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 04:56 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Talking of way back when...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;pagenumber=274

(Attempt at answering Drakkon's question on the following page)

I should be able to track the xp spends from the old thread.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 09:42 AM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

I always figured Andro dies in a Clone Wars battle. He thinks he's trying to control his impulsiveness when fighting starts, but his heart's not really into it. Deep down he just loves to fight too much. He's skilled, but the Clone wars battles are so massive that Andro would eventually get in too far over his head.

Or maybe:
He's fiercely loyal to his friends and dies protecting one (probably Gallagher, who would undoubtedly at that moment find his inner fighting skill and avenge him). Or maybe he saves Argo, and Argo goes on to be a great Jedi Commander, surviving right up to Order 66.

"All Good Things...", right? Well it's been fun, and I know it will continue to be fun until the last post.

Thank you Ush.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 05:29 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

It seems to me Drakkon was implying that the last battle of the Clone Wars was the end of the Jedi and that the Rebels should save the galaxy themselves rather than look for the Jedi to do it for them. But I've been known to miss the mark by a mile before. stick out tongue

I remember reading the OT reference to Battle of Kiraly but not the PT reference/s, where is that hiding roughly?

I've thought about various outcomes and scenarios regarding the final days of the Clone Wars and Wentar's ultimate fate. Honestly I like to think he survives and goes into hiding, perhaps crippled saving (or trying to save) one of the other Jedi or Renegades, or maybe just taking some time to come to terms with the what happened. But it doesn't feel right for him to spend very long in hiding while the Galaxy suffers unless he's physically incapable of doing anything, Wentar tends to think more in the short term. Beyond that I don't know, I think I'll leave it a mystery until the games are well and truly done and then decide from there.

Still, here's hoping that's not for a long while yet. smile I've had a blast playing this. I really appreciate all the thought and work that's been put into this story. Cheers Ush.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2016 03:06 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's actually not that super-mysterious from Drakkon- he's just referring to the possibility of other Jedi being around, which is significant because there had been a lot of talk with Galahad, Gallagher's father (Gallagher's's fate came up a few times in that game).

As noted in the new intro, the Jedi at Kiraly were put on the death list after the battle. At the time, the Emperor was still using the Osokans. It so happened that Drakkon was the Captain given the job- so when he refers to the last battle, he meant Kiraly. There was plenty he could have said, but never did.

Kiraly was foreseen by Jelena (who gets a bad feeling ping in the game every time evidence of the coming Empire turns up) in the very boringly named 'Revelations. It wasn't named though, which is mostly because I only named it when the new episodes started. It was just 'that battle' in my head for the last decade or so.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2016 03:21 PM
Craft
CTE

That makes sense. So Drakkon knew who was still alive? At least by the end of the Osokan's involvement, but he'd have never directly told, due to Osokan traditions, would he?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2016 03:35 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Pretty much!

BtVS

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2016 03:37 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

At some point I seriously need to sit down reread and take notes on all of these threads.

But by now that would probably be a task that would take an entire day if not an entire weekend to do. Probably longer the more I think about it

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2016 03:45 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That's crazy! It trips me out every time you manage to pull these little spoilers and teasers here and there. The talent of a true writer, Ush.

Goddamn Osokans, though...

Old Post Feb 24th, 2016 08:51 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote