KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » palpatine and the clones

palpatine and the clones
Started by: tainted one

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Daft

Re: I agree

I think that Lucasfilm have confirmed that Obi-Wan isn't meant to be Owen's brother or relation. It's just that many sourcebooks told us that.
Apparently a few books have been republished and have had any mention of Obi-Wan and Owen being brothers taken out from them.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2000 03:34 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Some books were released last years set before TPM and they say that Obi-Wan is Owens brother. We still need to know the truth.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2000 04:22 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Oh yeah I heard that it's mentioned in one of those Jedi Knight books or something. Still, I'm hoping that they're not related at all.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2000 11:29 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

Owen and OB1

I kind of hope they are related, and Owen was jealous of OB1 because of his powers, thus explaining the rift between them. Most people do not know about them being brothers in the EU, so it would come as a surprise to a lot people. I don't think he is the son of Shmi, because "the Force is strong in my family...."-Luke to Leia in ROTJ, and if he were a Skywalker, he would have boat load of Force.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2000 10:55 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Yes I agree with your last point, JM and the chances of Owen being the brother of Amidala are pretty slim too. I think Luke just calls him Uncle Owen, because it still shows that he is family, without implying that he is his foster father.
Still, I don't think Obi-Wan and Owen should be related. Even if they didn't like each other one bit, you'd think Obi-Wan would have given off some sort of reaction after finding out he was dead.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2000 11:23 PM
KJ
Sausages

Re: .........

Luke didn't have much reaction when he found out Owen was dead. He was more upset when Obi-Wan died. And Leia wasn't that upset when Alderan was destroyed. What's up with these Skywalkers? Maybe they get that from their father.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2000 01:19 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Yeah I know what you mean. Just the acting I guess. Still when Anakin died you could see tears running down Luke's face even though he hardly knew him. Strange.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2000 01:35 AM
KJ
Sausages

Re: .............

Well it is the SKYWALKERS! There not exactly a normal family.smile

Old Post Oct 11th, 2000 02:20 AM
Darth Daft

Re: .............

Yeah and I guess you could have also said, "Well it's SCI-FI! Not everything has to be realistic!"

Old Post Oct 11th, 2000 03:42 AM