KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Peter Parker or Ben Reilly?

Peter Parker or Ben Reilly?
Started by: Jury

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jury
Extreme Member

Peter Parker or Ben Reilly?

Who's story comes best?

Spider-Man as Peter Parker or
Spider-Man as Ben Reilly?

Just want to know your side.

Coz' I really like the story of Ben...

It's more dramatic than Pete's life.

cool

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 05:14 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

i think Scarlet Spider is cooler, but hes dead

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 05:16 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

I gotta tell ya, the whole Clone Saga is what turned me off to Spider-Man comics for awhile. Thought it was just a little much.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 06:23 AM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

lol yeah......wait heres somthin that was a week in the making MAXIMUM CLONEAGE!! <yes they really did it

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 06:37 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
docb77
Thinker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zephonim
I gotta tell ya, the whole Clone Saga is what turned me off to Spider-Man comics for awhile. Thought it was just a little much.

But alas, for everyone who was turned of by the coming of Ben, there is someone else like me who got started on comics by that storyline (still thought it went on way too long, and I really hated how they killed Ben, but hey what ya gonna do?)

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 02:49 AM
docb77 is currently offline Click here to Send docb77 a Private Message Find more posts by docb77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Ben Reilly sucks.Peter Parker all the way.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 02:15 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Pete IS Spider-Man!

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 02:31 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

I like Pete over all but Ben had the hotter costume! cool

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 03:15 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by docb77
But alas, for everyone who was turned of by the coming of Ben, there is someone else like me who got started on comics by that storyline (still thought it went on way too long, and I really hated how they killed Ben, but hey what ya gonna do?)

Somehow, I doubt that. The Clone Saga is still widely recognized as one of the biggest mistakes in Spider-Man history.

Pete's the real Spider-Man.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 03:18 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Pete for me...

sig by willRules

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 03:27 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pete.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 03:29 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

Peter

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 03:45 PM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

Peter all the way, and the clone saga got me started on comics, as it was the first arc i read smile. But I realy wish they didnt kill off Ben, he could have became the scarlet spider again and been his own hero, or come up with an entirly new identity. But the biggest problem with ben was in every comic "I was once peter parker but I was cloned blah blah blah" ok we got the hint you said that the first 50 issues that and every time i was reading it i was wishing it was peter in the suit not sure why but what the hey.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 08:02 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
docb77
Thinker

Originally posted by H. S. 6
Somehow, I doubt that. The Clone Saga is still widely recognized as one of the biggest mistakes in Spider-Man history.

Pete's the real Spider-Man.

Yeah, even I realize that it was a huge mistake. But it wasn't the idea that was the mistake, it was how they continually mismanaged it and kept beating a dead horse that killed it. If it had been done well.... Well, I guess we'll never know.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 01:01 AM
docb77 is currently offline Click here to Send docb77 a Private Message Find more posts by docb77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by docb77
Yeah, even I realize that it was a huge mistake. But it wasn't the idea that was the mistake, it was how they continually mismanaged it and kept beating a dead horse that killed it. If it had been done well.... Well, I guess we'll never know.

But I mean, the part about "for every person that stopped reading them, somebody else started picking them up."

That, I doubt.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 02:27 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
docb77
Thinker

I don't doub it. It was one of the best selling mags of its time.

Read "Life of Reilly" to get the full scoop on what was good, bad and why it ended up despised.

http://www.newcomicreviews.com/GHM/...OfReilly/1.html

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 02:32 AM
carnageandvenom

can someone post pics of benrielly i don't really now what he looks like

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 08:19 PM
carnageandvenom is currently offline Click here to Send carnageandvenom a Private Message Find more posts by carnageandvenom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
docb77
Thinker

Here's a good place to start I suppose. Don't have access to a scanner, but there's plenty of sites that have pics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Reilly

Old Post Apr 19th, 2006 12:38 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Ben was okay, but Peter Parker is the only true Spider-Man.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 07:19 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
docb77
Thinker

See, but Ben was supposed to be the real Peter. The Marketing department and the editors killed the story that was supposed to be and left us with the eyesore that is the clone saga.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 01:45 AM