KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Peter Parker or Ben Reilly?

Peter Parker or Ben Reilly?
Started by: Jury

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
I-Drop
Privateer

they made the right decision

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 01:57 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
docb77
Thinker

Making a good story idea into crap was the right decision?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 02:02 AM
docb77 is currently offline Click here to Send docb77 a Private Message Find more posts by docb77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

It wasn't a good story idea. You don't take somebody who many fans have grown up with and all of the sudden say their just a clone.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 06:30 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
littleredhat

Don't make me choose. sad

I can't help but love any Peter I'm shown. If I had my way all the clones would have lived,moved in with eachother and fight crime while having wacky misunderstandings.

I love Peter Parkers that much. embarrasment

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 09:06 PM
littleredhat is currently offline Click here to Send littleredhat a Private Message Find more posts by littleredhat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Peter rocks

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 09:44 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
docb77
Thinker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by brainchild81
It wasn't a good story idea. You don't take somebody who many fans have grown up with and all of the sudden say their just a clone.

being a clone wouldn't have changed what he'd done. What's wrong with that?

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 10:17 PM
docb77 is currently offline Click here to Send docb77 a Private Message Find more posts by docb77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Peter Parker is the one true Spider-man. I really liked Ben Reilly. Quite in fact I liked him more than Peter. He had a lot of potential in his stories if they decided to do something flesh with him, but no they did not. Peter is the one true Spider-Man and I always believed it. They should not have killed Ben. He still had a lot of potential even as a clone.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 6th, 2006 01:26 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Peter Parker is the best there is, best there was ,and the best there ever will be. He is the one, the only, Spider-man.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 12:37 AM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
docb77
Thinker

Perhaps Peter will use the name Ben Reilly in the near future. I imagine that the writers are going to want to give him back some sort of anonymity, but other than using a Ben Reilly type Identity, I don't see how they'd do it after Civil War.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 02:28 AM
doctorstrongbad

Originally posted by docb77
Perhaps Peter will use the name Ben Reilly in the near future. I imagine that the writers are going to want to give him back some sort of anonymity, but other than using a Ben Reilly type Identity, I don't see how they'd do it after Civil War.

Are you saying he would fake his death and pretend to be Ben Reilly? That is actually a really good idea.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 09:39 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
docb77
Thinker

Hopefully the writers come up with something better than killing of Mary Jane and Aunt May..... Again

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 10:08 PM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

The only problem with the clone saga is how long the editors dragged it out. They should've capped it off after a year and a half or so. Maybe got their stories out with "What If...?"

Though I must admit I am a fan of a number of the Ben Reilly as Spider-Man stories, as well as much of the clone saga.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 04:14 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
docb77
Thinker

Actually there is one mistake I think was bigger than the neverending-ness of the storyline. ... The death of Ben Reilly. I mean really, could they have thought of a more idiotic end for him?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 05:03 AM
doctorstrongbad

Well you never know with comics. He may appear again someday.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 07:41 PM
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Ben Reilly is a pile of dust.

I'd love to see how they could bring that back.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 07:44 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Originally posted by Doc Ock
Ben Reilly is a pile of dust.

I'd love to see how they could bring that back.

I have seen crazy things in comic books. How many times has Jean Grey come back to life?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 07:52 PM
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Jean Grey was never turned to dust.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 09:09 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
docb77
Thinker

Originally posted by Doc Ock
Jean Grey was never turned to dust.

Nah never turned to dust. Incinerated, but never turned to dust.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 09:37 PM
Jury
Extreme Member

Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
I have seen crazy things in comic books. How many times has Jean Grey come back to life?
Jean's numerous deaths, is not CRAZY. One should really comprehend what a PHOENIX does mean: Jean dies only to live again... so does Phoenix.

mon ami

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 07:21 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Originally posted by Jury
Jean's numerous deaths, is not CRAZY. One should really comprehend what a PHOENIX does mean: Jean dies only to live again... so does Phoenix.

mon ami

I know what Phoenix means, I was using her as an example. Many comic characters have come back to life ... The green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Elektra. The list goes on and on.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 12:13 AM