KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Horror Movies that Rip-Off other Horror Movies

Horror Movies that Rip-Off other Horror Movies
Started by: papabeard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Horror Movies that Rip-Off other Horror Movies

I hate it when Horror movies steal and plagiarise other movies,

The Blair Witch ripped off The Last Broadcast, which in turn Ripped off Cannibal Holocaust.

Se7en stole from the Excorsist 3, ( writing in blood on the wall, killing for their sins etc)

Fear Dot COm ripped off the Ring almost entirely

watch them and you'll see what i mean.

can anyone think of any others?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 03:20 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I dunno about "Se7en", the writing on the walls thing is old hat. That was done even before Exorcist 3, in "The Gate", with cryptic symbols in blood up the staircase. The premise of "Seven" was about the deadly sins anyway.

"feardotcom" was a direct lift of both "Strangeland" and "The Ring, reason being, Warner Bros. lost in their bid, to make a U.S. version of the "Ringu" movie, to Dreamworks. They liked the idea so much, they just made their own adaptation.

To be honest, horror movies constantly compliment/ripoff/influence each other all the time in the most minute of ways.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 04:32 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

agreed.........

Every horror movie be it slasher, comical or psychological borrows or steals from other horror movies. Everything that can be done has been done.

Horror movies aren't about being original.......they are simply about being entertaining.......which is probably why they get little respect from the main stream.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 04:51 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

I dont agree with evil dead, only original horror movies are any good, slasher films and gore etc, as ive said before , discredit the genre. Good horror movies can invigorate and influence more mainstream movies, and i think now horror is more influential than ever. Mainstream thrillers always steal from horror movies, be it camera techniques or -plot twists, horror is an age old tradition, that stems from folklore and mythology, from the the brothers Grimm, to Disney, all incorporate universal fears and ideas of insecurity and power, the themes of @horror" movies are the same that are examined in great works of art , literature and movies, for example edgar allan poe or the paintings of el greco , and only when so called "horror movies", exploit these universal concepts of fear will they be truly respected and embraced.

PS I love boobies!!!!

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 07:29 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

"I dont agree with evil dead, only original horror movies are any good"

Name one horror movie since Hellraiser (17 years ago) that was completely original and did not borrow/steal any part of the movie from a previous movie. Hellraiser probably even stole something from other movies and I just havn't seen the movies Hellraiser borrowed from to know they stole from them.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 08:50 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shagmobile
Lord of the Boomstick

i have to agree with evil dead i can't think of any horror movies that didn't rip off any other horror movies except if u count gieli

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 09:03 PM
shagmobile is currently offline Click here to Send shagmobile a Private Message Find more posts by shagmobile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

even though i loved resident evil, it was a bit like return of the living dead, a chemical accident brings back the dead, they eat ppl, if you get bitten,you become one, but resident evil was a bit more scientific and realistic, in ROTLD a skeleton was bought back, thats just a load of rubbish, u can't re-animate a skeleton.......it doesnt have ne organs to help it move or think......

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 11:54 PM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Michael Myers 1
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Friday the 13th movies riped Halloween off....... BADLY

"They all Float, and when you die, you'll float too!"

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 12:38 AM
Michael Myers 1 is currently offline Click here to Send Michael Myers 1 a Private Message Find more posts by Michael Myers 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

No they didn't. Explain how

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 02:08 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Michael Myers 1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ahhhhhhhh i got alot of reasons.

1. Halloween was made first let me point that out
2. Jason uses a day in his movie like halloween (Friday the 13th) it should of been Crazy Retard
3. They both use knifes (i dont care if Jason uses a machete its still a knife)
4. They both have certain people to kill
5. They both have alot of sequels
6.They both stalk quietly then kill
7. They both have differnt weapons to use

the list goes on and on

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 02:23 AM
Michael Myers 1 is currently offline Click here to Send Michael Myers 1 a Private Message Find more posts by Michael Myers 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

A large mask wearing male sets out on one day of the year and kills many teenagers with a sharp blade.

which movie am I talking about, Halloween or the Friday 13th sequels?

Exactly......no originality at all in horror movies. Their sole purpose is to entertain, not to be innovative.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 01:20 PM
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

"Name one horror movie since Hellraiser (17 years ago) that was completely original and did not borrow/steal any part of the movie from a previous movie" EVIL DEAD

if you are talking in those terms then nothing is original due to the fact that all movies use language and are filmed using cameras or contain moving images, im talking about films which present ideas in a new fresh and interesting way.

Here are some movies that are original concepts

Ring
Final Destination
Shadow of the Vampire
Scanners ( although it was made b4 hellraiser,only slighlty earlier )
The Sixth Sense
In the Mouth of Madness
My Little Eye

I will think of more..........

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 07:15 PM
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

The Hole is another one for the list

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 07:31 PM
HockeyFace

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
"I dont agree with evil dead, only original horror movies are any good"

Name one horror movie since Hellraiser (17 years ago) that was completely original and did not borrow/steal any part of the movie from a previous movie. Hellraiser probably even stole something from other movies and I just havn't seen the movies Hellraiser borrowed from to know they stole from them.

I actually believe I may be able to name a few (note I haven't seen these yet but I know think I can tell if they are creative by the description and reviews I have seen of these movies. If I am wrong correct me): Wishmaster (I have seen this one and think it was VERRRRRYYY creative Evil Dead, I loved this movie), Funny Man, and In the Mouth of Madness.

Dr. Loomis: "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT DEATH IS!"

Halloween II

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 08:04 PM
HockeyFace is currently offline Click here to Send HockeyFace a Private Message Find more posts by HockeyFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

In the Mouth of Madness Definately comes to mind.... Also, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer was unlike anything else when it came out in 1990.

But other then that, he's right, almost every horror film made in the last 15 years or so has been a rip off, at least in premise, of another horror film.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 08:09 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Myers 1
The Friday the 13th movies riped Halloween off....... BADLY

Yes, and Halloween ripped of Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 08:09 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Check out my list Backfire and it might refresh your memory.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 08:20 PM
Michael Myers 1
Restricted

Account Restricted

How the hell did halloween rip off TCM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 08:28 PM
BackFire

A guy in a mask killing people....come on now, it's pretty obvious

Also papa, I read your post, but I don't consider any of those very unique movies...aside from Shadow of the Vampire and Final Destination.

The Story of the ring is old, it's been in numerous television shows.
I don't see anything unique about the sixth sense, not one thing.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 08:38 PM
HockeyFace

Umm... just because Michael wears a mask doesn't mean Halloween is a rip off of TCM or that Michael is a rip off of Leatherface.

Dr. Loomis: "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT DEATH IS!"

Halloween II

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 08:58 PM
HockeyFace is currently offline Click here to Send HockeyFace a Private Message Find more posts by HockeyFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote