KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Horror Movies that Rip-Off other Horror Movies

Horror Movies that Rip-Off other Horror Movies
Started by: papabeard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Well, also the whole story is a ripoff of TCM, a psycho wearing a mask killing people. The only difference is TCM doesn't rely soley on this aspect as halloween does, tcm throws in some wacky humor and disturbing, psychological elements to really disturb the viewer, rather then trying to simple startle them.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:37 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

Also, if you put it that way, if halloween isn't ripping tcm off cos theres a psycho wearing a mask, then friday the 13th isn't ripping halloween off as friday has a psycho wearing a mask.
Anyway, the mask in halloween is a spraypainted Captain Kirk mask.
HOW CHEAP. surely if all the above posts were true, halloween is ripping Star Trek off?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 01:45 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

"I don't see anything unique about the sixth sense, not one thing."

Can you name any other film b4 the sixth sense when the main character was dead all throughout the film, and the audience didnt realise until it was revealed at the end?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 05:33 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

No, but I can name other films that relied on a gimmicky, simple and predictable twist at the end, meant to shock simple minded viewers who couldn't pick up the obvious clues giving away a very funny ending. Just because a film thinks of a twist that hasn't been done before does not make the film unique, that's what twists often are, ways to give the false insinuation that because the twist at the end hasn't been done before, that it makes the whole film creative, which is simply untrue.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 07:28 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by papabeard
"I don't see anything unique about the sixth sense, not one thing."

Can you name any other film b4 the sixth sense when the main character was dead all throughout the film, and the audience didnt realise until it was revealed at the end?

Actually i can try Haunted staring Underworld's Kate Beckinsale and Micheal Collin's Stephen Rea and in my opinion this was a far better film despite the smaller budget and less stellar cast then that of its Hollywood counterpart.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 07:42 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Michael Myers 1
Restricted

Account Restricted

egg your dumb star trecs not a horror so it dont matter

"They all Float, and when you die, you'll float too!"

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:07 PM
Michael Myers 1 is currently offline Click here to Send Michael Myers 1 a Private Message Find more posts by Michael Myers 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

wrong turn ripped off TCM, which ripped off psycho, which ripped off the real life of ed gein.

PS what do you think of the film ED GEIN, it was a bit to clean, if u know what i mean!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 06:37 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asami
Vicious and Malicious

The Last Broadcast was sooooooo boring. I don't fave Blairwitch though.

I thought 6th sense and the others had the same twist

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 07:03 PM
Asami is currently offline Click here to Send Asami a Private Message Find more posts by Asami Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

What others?, that is bulls*it, if thats the case like I said before, then all films are the same because they have actors in them , and these actors die in the film, and THEY SPEAK WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 06:51 PM
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Audition and battle royale are original films, it seems the most innovative filmmaking is coming from Asia at the moment, and Hollywood is just ripping it off, not inventing it.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 06:52 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Good. Leave all that John Woo and Ang Lee Hollywood crap at home, though.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 06:55 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i dont know which came out first but Battle Royal and Mean Guns both have a basically identical plot (Mean Guns has Christopher Lambert in it)

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 01:47 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan13l83

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Evil Dead
A large mask wearing male sets out on one day of the year and kills many teenagers with a sharp blade.

which movie am I talking about, Halloween or the Friday 13th sequels?

Exactly......no originality at all in horror movies. Their sole purpose is to entertain, not to be innovative.

Maybe because I have never seen all the Halloween movies but I didn't know that Halloween was a similar to Friday the 13 until I saw the Friday the 13 special features admitting that it was a direct rip off. They admit ripping it off because it made so much Money.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 05:23 AM
Dan13l83 is currently offline Click here to Send Dan13l83 a Private Message Find more posts by Dan13l83 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote