KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Boozin' School

Boozin' School
Started by: ToMacco

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Edna Witch
Magic

that's one thing I have never done is work behind a bar. I have been a jewellery salesperson, I have cleaned rooms in a B&B, I have worked in a theme park, Done a paper round, but I have never as of yet worked behind a bar!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Feb 12th, 2002 10:02 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

what about working in an airplane? Have you done that?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2002 10:03 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

What's with this bar-keep school nonsense, how hard can it be to pour a drink!? You must be the village idiot to fail that course. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 12th, 2002 01:17 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Well, any idiot can be a bartender in a run-down slum bar full of drunkin idiots.

This trains me the "proper" way to do things. I'll get to wear a Tux and probably work at a nice resturant or something. I'll make some nice bank!

Cha-ching!!!! $ cool $ cool $ cool $ cool $

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Feb 12th, 2002 01:59 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

You can make a lot of money bartending at small private parties or catered occasions. People tend to get really drunk and give you unintentionally large tips.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2002 02:01 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

True, Gundy.

You can make good cash working side jobs like weddings.

Plus, I'll make good tips because I'm charming and hot. I'm good at telling people what they want to hear.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Feb 12th, 2002 02:03 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

So, basically what you're saying is that you're a shickster?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2002 02:43 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

when i was in ny, me and my mate tipped the bar man the change from a hundred dollar barbill. the bill was only about 70 dollars. is a tip this big normal? (£20)

Old Post Feb 12th, 2002 02:46 PM
sand person no. 10 is currently offline Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Did he bring you your next drink before the one you were drinking was totally empty ? Thats a good barkeep.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2002 02:57 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

That's not necissarily true, Gundy. They may not want another one.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Feb 12th, 2002 03:33 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Not the guys I know....... wink

Old Post Feb 12th, 2002 03:34 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

You can just tell, in most cases. I've been taught that you have to read a person, which I'm great at.

Things like if they take their jacket off or not. If they don't, they probably only want one, so you ask first.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Feb 12th, 2002 03:38 PM
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

quote:
Originally posted by ToMacco
That's not necissarily true, Gundy. They may not want another one.

of course i wanted another one. and he was a great bartender. i was technically still 20 at the time in the us, but 21 in the uk. he understood my plight. but i still don't whether the tip was too much or not.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2002 04:53 PM
sand person no. 10 is currently offline Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

A $30 tip on a $70 dollar bill? Yeah, that is a damn good tip. You made that bartenders night.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Feb 12th, 2002 05:36 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

sp 10 is very generous. They'll definately remember you if you come back, especially riding those banthas.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2002 09:17 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I'd give you free drinks.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Feb 13th, 2002 04:54 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Well, I can finally go back tomorrow. I've been sitting on my ass for 2 days.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Feb 13th, 2002 08:31 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Then set a row of drinks up for me then, I'll be the one wearing the Wookie costume and using the English accent. big grin

Old Post Feb 13th, 2002 01:20 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

As long as your wearing shoes.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Feb 13th, 2002 08:59 PM