KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Force Bombshell

The Force Bombshell
Started by: KJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dim
Creativity

Re: Bombshell

I want to understand the whole birth thing but I'm kind of worried that if they go into it more it's just going to come of cheesier than it is at this point...where it is now I can deal with it...I'm not excited by it but I can live with it...

As for the passing...I don't know...I still like the idea.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 09:36 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

M-E 2

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 09:37 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

The Midi-Chlorian thing was terrible. It took all the mystery away from the force. Maybe it was created to explain why some Jedi dissapear. Only Jedi with a lot of Midi-Chlorians can become one with the force when they die. Maybe Qui-Gon didn't have that many.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:57 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

No, because he sensed things before OB1, but OB1 became one with the force. Qui-Gon always seemed to get the strange feelings of disaster or something would happen before OB1 noticed anything.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 10:43 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

That might have nothing to do with Midi-Chlorians. Jedi are good at different things and Qui-Gon was strong in the living force. Maybe that's why he could detect things that Obi-Wan couldn't.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 03:31 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Mediclorians and passing into Ob1 are bad ideas. I think they have to explain it by showing just how important a Jedi has to be to dissapear. Also, they have to be ready to die, Qui-Gon wasn't. It wouldn't hurt if they commented on the dark happenings in Qui-Gon's past. A way to do this would be to show that C'Baoth was QG's master or that QG was Aurra Sing's master.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2000 04:19 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Midichlorians are a good idea I think. Its like saying cells are a bad idea. They make a life. LIVE WITH IT!!! smile J.K guys say what you want.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 06:13 AM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

Ki-Adi Mundi wanted to train Aurra Sing,but the council rejected her (common sense)

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 01:35 PM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Where's that from? I never heard that before.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 04:05 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

It was on the Off. site a while back. Plus it's in the comics.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2000 12:18 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I don't think the "ready to die" thing works as Anakin wasn't ready to die as he never expected Luke to stay on the good side.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2000 12:28 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Mercs right smile Good job!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2000 09:09 AM
Great Master Brit Hunt

The bombshell will be Anakin turning. Nothing else.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2000 05:20 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xantos Clone

the force bombshell

bombshell = something we already know...? probobly not...GL is overdue for a shocker folks...

bombshell = wholy cow! I can't believe it! I did not see that comming!!!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2000 11:06 AM
KJ
Sausages

Re: the force bombshell

Exactly. It has to be something big like the real reason Anakin was created.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2000 01:16 AM
Darth Daft

Anakin didn't disappear when he died either.
Basically we need to think what power or trait Obi-wan and Yoda had, which Qui-Gon and Anakin/Vader didn't.
Perhaps it has something to do with once being a member of the dark side. Maybe Qui-Gon was once a dark jedi but then turned back to the lightside, just like Vader did just before he died.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 01:26 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

Anakin did disapear when he died. In an interview Rick McCallum(SP?) said it was the Vader suit that was burnt. Think about it, Luke had a lot of trouble dragging Vader, from the throne room aboard the 2nd death star, but somehow made it to the shuttle rather quickly. Lucas said over and over again that the secret in disappearing is in the line "if you strike me down now, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." Of course, that leaves a lot to the imagination.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2000 10:28 PM
Darth Daft

Oh riiiight, thanx for that info JediMaster. I always thought Anakin didn't disappear. Well perhaps it has something to do with Obi-Wan and Yoda knowing some special skill to return as a spirit to help Luke (did somebody mention that earlier?)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2000 10:32 PM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I have started to like the idea that they dissapear if they have fullfilled their destiny.
Anakin brought balance to the force.
Obi-Wan taught Luke and made up for his mistakes.
Yoda spent 900 years doing good so he deserved to become one with the force.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2000 03:53 AM
Darth Daft

Yeah, good point there. Perhaps Qui-Gon's was to train Anakin. He did seem very determined after all.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2000 04:03 AM