KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The Hobbit

The Hobbit
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

The Hobbit

Will they make The Hobbit into a movie? It would be a good idea to do that, even though it's not very action-packed. It would still make a good movie. Plus, it would tell how Bilbo got the ring on screen instead of in a book.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2002 03:18 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Billy The Kid
Wanted dead or alive

Havn`t they allready done that?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2002 01:49 PM
Billy The Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Billy The Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Billy The Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Re: The Hobbit

quote:
Originally posted by Captain REX
It would be a good idea to do that, even though it's not very action-packed. It would still make a good movie.

it's actually one of the most action-packed tolkien books. There would absoulutely be enough to fill a movie with.
don't think they'll do it though, at least not Jackson.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2002 03:40 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadyEowyn
found

i would personally like to see the whole scene in the goblin mountain, including gollum.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2002 09:14 PM
LadyEowyn is currently offline Click here to Send LadyEowyn a Private Message Find more posts by LadyEowyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

jackson is probably gonna make the hobbit after lotr has shown all three movies

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Feb 16th, 2002 05:56 PM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

What do you base that on?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 16th, 2002 09:33 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hmm...
(Star Wars ep. IV-VI before I-III)
Let's cross our fingers.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2002 02:58 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pianoman

Actually I read on ign.com that Jackson has seriously been thinking about making The Hobbit. IGN is a reliable source.

And you've got us feeling alright.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 10:28 PM
Pianoman is currently offline Click here to Send Pianoman a Private Message Find more posts by Pianoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

They already have an actor for young Bilbo. The opening to the Fellowship movie shows him find the Ring. Man, that was one awesome movie! Sauron kicked ass in the beginning! And poor Boromir! Oh well, he wasn't the best anyway.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2002 12:36 AM
Brith

The key question about any movie version of the Hobbit is not who would play Bilbo, but who would be the voice of Smaug the Golden?

Brith thinks again....

Old Post Mar 1st, 2002 11:01 PM
Brith is currently offline Click here to Send Brith a Private Message Find more posts by Brith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That was Ian Holm in the opening of the movie, wasn't it? Just with a wig.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 1st, 2002 11:04 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The Hobbit:
Starring Sir Ian Holm as Bilbo, and Darth Vader as Smaug.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2002 06:53 PM
Fitch
Free

I think that it would be great .With the same actors (Bilbo)

The whole trilogy would have a start

Old Post May 17th, 2002 07:13 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Budgie

Sean Connery would be great as Smaug as he was brilliant as the voice of the dragon in Dragonheart. Such as fierce and deep voice.

Otherwise, possibily James Earl Jones.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2002 04:27 PM
Budgie is currently offline Click here to Send Budgie a Private Message Find more posts by Budgie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tahnee

I agree that they should make The Hobbit into a movie aswell! Personally I think that I liked the Hobbit better than the LOTR trilogy and I don't know why.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2002 08:38 AM
Tahnee is currently offline Click here to Send Tahnee a Private Message Find more posts by Tahnee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tahnee

I agree that they should make The Hobbit into a movie aswell! Personally I think that I liked the Hobbit better than the LOTR trilogy and I don't know why.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2002 08:53 AM
Tahnee is currently offline Click here to Send Tahnee a Private Message Find more posts by Tahnee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

You post twice the same thing. wink

The Hobbit could be an intesting movie.I'd like to see it....

Old Post Jun 8th, 2002 08:25 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tahnee

I did too! Sorry that was a mistake (that I posted it twice)

Old Post Jun 9th, 2002 03:35 AM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

the hobbit better than the LOTR?? nonono

Old Post Jun 9th, 2002 09:36 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

we cannot say that the hobbit is better then lotr because we only saw FOTR.TTT will be better.
A lot of people say that they saw FOTR,it was too peaceful,has no action,bla bla bla and they don't like LOTR.We cannot jump to conclusions if we saw only 1/3 of the action.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2002 09:45 AM