KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » nominations for next weeks poll for March's book of the month

nominations for next weeks poll for March's book of the month
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BadKitty
cockeyed

Question nominations for next weeks poll for March's book of the month

nominations for next weeks poll for March book of the month
if any one has a book they would like me to include in next weeks poll I post for March's book of the month please post them here.(if your shy you can pm me)

please keep in mind that I can only make the poll with 10 titles so if there are to many nominations some will have to excluded perhaps if you see one nominated you agree with say you'd like that one as well, the more a book is wanted it will be surely placed in the poll

one nomination per person please to try to keep the poll at ten if one person nominates more than one book the first will be included in the poll or if another person also agrees with another book that should be included.

also if there is to few nominations I am going to use the most popular votes from febuarys poll as the fillers.

I want our book club to be enjoyed by everyone who wishes to participate all your suggestions and ideas are very much appreciated!

~bkk

p.s.~ Keep book in the confines of the forums pg-13 rating.
Book should be in print and available in paperback edition.

Last edited by BadKitty on Feb 17th, 2004 at 04:38 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 04:30 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 10:59 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

Of mice and Men

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 11:23 AM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Firestarter (by Stephen King)

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 10:00 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
'chelle

The Dark Tower

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 04:52 AM
'chelle is currently offline Click here to Send 'chelle a Private Message Find more posts by 'chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
And
Ender's Game by I don't know who

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 04:59 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by 'chelle
The Dark Tower
no time to read 7 books in a month,and just one from a series might not be something everyone is interested in(thats of coarse up to you)..though you may want to nominate something else.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 05:13 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
'chelle

it was a lil sick humor. The Dark Tower isnt due out until September ^_^;;;
how about the revised Gunslinger?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 03:22 PM
'chelle is currently offline Click here to Send 'chelle a Private Message Find more posts by 'chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

I know! War and Peace.. you know, just a light read.

DON'T put that down thought.....

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 03:00 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by 'chelle
it was a lil sick humor. The Dark Tower isnt due out until September ^_^;;;
how about the revised Gunslinger?
is that part of the dark tower series..can one read it on it's own with out the accompany of the other books if that is what that is..but like I said it's ultimately up to you big grin

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 09:08 AM
'chelle

The Gunslinger is the first in the DT series. Its not super huge either, so a month to read it is plenty enuff time. and hey, if ya like it theres more books to keep ya in the story stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 04:43 PM
nazgul09
witch king of angmar

best book.... confederacy of dunces
i love ignascius rielly
a true fat slob of an american hero..gollum..

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 07:26 PM
nazgul09 is currently offline Click here to Send nazgul09 a Private Message Find more posts by nazgul09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Lady-Lioness-

What about The Outsiders by S E Hinton?

*If you ran to the end of the Earth I would catch you and you would be safe*

My sitebig grin

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 01:48 AM
-Lady-Lioness- is currently offline Click here to Send -Lady-Lioness- a Private Message Find more posts by -Lady-Lioness- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Edgar Leoni- Nostradamus and His Prophecies.

excellentt book

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 02:09 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Im_Fuzzy
AKA: Tim_Fuzzy

enders game by orson scott card

"NOW YOU'LL SEE HOW REAL VAMPIRES DO BATTLE!" Alucard from Hellsing

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 02:10 AM
Im_Fuzzy is currently offline Click here to Send Im_Fuzzy a Private Message Find more posts by Im_Fuzzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

^^^^^Agreed!!!

Enders Game!!!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 12:50 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady Bri
Woman of Rohan

The Hounds of the Morrigan by Pat O'Shea. For St. Patrick's Day and all wink

Last night, while I was in bed looking up at the stars, I was thinking to myself, "where the heck is my ceiling?"

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 01:35 AM
Lady Bri is currently offline Click here to Send Lady Bri a Private Message Find more posts by Lady Bri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

Dracula - Bram Stoker

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 06:15 AM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

awesome we have just enough for the poll..I'm going to work on that now!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 05:01 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

I relized I had 11 enteries..I didn't know I could add 2 addional fields..well that worked out well for me then smile

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 05:21 AM