KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » !i!i!hip!i!i!hop!i!i!

!i!i!hip!i!i!hop!i!i!
Started by: Eraserhead

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (641): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
Originally posted by HockeyHorror
haven't heard his new album, i acutally didn't even know he had a new album....

It's not coming out until the end of May.It's a great album though, a must have for anybody's collection.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 02:10 AM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
hey what you think about Black August by Killah Priest...im thinking about getting but is it better than Heavy Mental?

did i ask this question before?

Not a big Killah Priest fan so I haven't listened to those albums that often.I would say buy the Pharoah album instead, but then again i've only listened to "Black August" and "Heavy Mental" a few times.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 02:15 AM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

yeah what the hell is all this music??? u say the title is hip hop, but who's ....killah priest?? is this like....rock or punk or somethin??

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 02:15 AM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Hock listining to rock? He's sort of a purist... Can't stand rock.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 02:17 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

yeah i h8 rock and punk..i love rap and hip hop and r&b!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 02:23 AM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

who said im listening to rock?

Killah Priest is a rapper.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 02:23 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by iluvpippin
yeah i h8 rock and punk..i love rap and hip hop and r&b!

Watch it... This is a metalhead you're talking to mad

j/k stick out tongue you can have your own tastes that's cool but just watch what ya say 'round here

I listen to a little hip-hop just not that mainstream crap... The whole "gangsta" image is kinda stupid, I think. "Yeah, I go around shootin people and f***in' my ho's and I'm just coo' shit, yo'!"... How dumb is that?

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 02:48 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

yeah thats pretty gay, some songs i just like the tune...i h8 it how over half of em are bout pimps and playaz...thats why i like 2pac so much, how he sings bout other stuff too like changes, until the end of time, i aint mad at ya etc!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 02:51 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

the old tupac was good during the time when he wrote Brendas Gotta Baby but after that he turned too much gangsta. but imo he was best MAINSTREAM rapper. but not best rapper ever.

best rapper closest in my opinion is Immortal Technique. he made two solid albums. Rev 1 and Rev 2. both were excellent. but thats just my opinion.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 03:08 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

smile

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 03:10 AM
Darth Revan
-

You know what I don't get? Why they play this gangsta crap on the radio and on MTV which basically promotes killing people and bein' a pimp and stuff, but they don't play music that actually has meaning just because it says "mutha****a" one too many times

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 03:13 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Darth Revan> i dunno man.

MF D00m> i never felt Kanye West. i really liked the song Through The Wire but his lyrics were basic compared to other rappers we listen to.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 03:17 AM
misha

u neva felt kanye west?? lol!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 03:18 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

grow up plz lol

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 04:04 AM
Darth Revan
-

Yeah really... You knew what he meant...

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 04:29 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

lol its ok smile

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 04:33 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

here's MF Doom's music video I Hear Voices. i know D00m you've seen this before.

great song.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 04:43 AM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
Originally posted by iluvpippin
yeah what the hell is all this music??? u say the title is hip hop, but who's ....killah priest?? is this like....rock or punk or somethin??

Alot of the MC's we've mentioned aren't part of the mainstream.So more than likely you haven't even heard of them or their music.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 05:45 AM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
You know what I don't get? Why they play this gangsta crap on the radio and on MTV which basically promotes killing people and bein' a pimp and stuff, but they don't play music that actually has meaning just because it says "mutha****a" one too many times

It's pretty strange really.I guess people are just ignorant.MTV, BET, radio stations,ect. program videos and songs according to what younger people listen to.Or what's hot at the moment.Unfortunatly what people want is this bling bling sh*t with no substance.I still don't really get it, but remember that just because there's no substance on television and the radio doesn't mean substance doesn't exist.There's hundreds and hundreds of rappers who make music with substance and don't talk about guns, drugs, and bitches.Hopefully you get to hear their music sometime.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 05:57 AM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
MF D00m> i never felt Kanye West. i really liked the song Through The Wire but his lyrics were basic compared to other rappers we listen to.

Kanye is a producer more than he's an MC.Well, he's definatly a better producer anyway.I liked College Dropout.It wasn't no classic or anything, but it was pretty good.I don't care for him as an MC.I just check out his beats really.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 06:01 AM