KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Is Die Another Day Any Good

is it
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
best bond 3 12.50%
good 7 29.17%
average 6 25.00%
turd 8 33.33%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Is Die Another Day Any Good
Started by: adz23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
adz23

Question Is Die Another Day Any Good

IS DIE ANOTHER DAY ANT GOOD

after watching die another day i thought that the script was a bit dodgy what do u think.......

Happy Dance

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 11:37 AM
adz23 is currently offline Click here to Send adz23 a Private Message Find more posts by adz23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

Why so, I liked it big grin

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 11:44 AM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

wow, we discussed DaD so many times already messed

ok... keeping it short:

nice track, nice start
terrible car, equally terrible Jinx, story about genetherapy was too farfetched (but not in the future I guess), weapon was yet again too dull (and overly done)

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 12:23 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
adz23

I DIDNT LIKE JAMES BOND 20 THAT MUCH sad sad

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 02:09 PM
adz23 is currently offline Click here to Send adz23 a Private Message Find more posts by adz23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

How about... giving us your reasons eek!
please don't say you didn't like Halle Berry and the theme song either

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 02:14 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
adz23

OK MY REASONS ARE
1 THE SCRIPT WAS CRAP
2 THE ENDING WAS CORNEY
3 THE BAD GUY WAS BORING
4 THERE WAS NO REAL DANGER

SHOULD I CARRY ON.... cool

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 02:34 PM
Solo

The Catch Lines also sucked. The Best Bond was Goldeneye and I think we can all agree upon that.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 03:11 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Goldeneye just marked the return of good bonds stick out tongue

script was bondlike, bit too weird
ending was ... like always
bad guy boring? what you think of goldfinger than? a big fat guy and he's not boring!
no real danger? saw the weapon they used?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 04:39 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

1. The script was cool cool
2. Hey, the ending was good, I liked that cute house happy
3. Which of the bad guys? And why boring? messed
4. There was!
5. Why do you write in caps, it's annoying stick out tongue

And yes, carry on smokin'

quote:
Originally posted by adz23
OK MY REASONS ARE
1 THE SCRIPT WAS CRAP
2 THE ENDING WAS CORNEY
3 THE BAD GUY WAS BORING
4 THERE WAS NO REAL DANGER

SHOULD I CARRY ON.... cool

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 08:09 PM
yerssot

don't mind evy, she loves the movie stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:52 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

my opinion is purely objective... yes

ok maybe not stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 01:24 PM
yerssot

it's not terrible... I'll agree on that

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 01:48 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I like the film, don't get me wrong, it's a good film.

But like I've said so many times before, the car was dumb. The song, although it grew on me, didn't "feel" like a Bond song, but I guess with time it could become a staple of the series.

The opening sequence = GREAT! The best bit of the movie is right at the start, where Bond is shown as the human being he really is, and it keeps the story flowing through the beautiful credits.

What's with the stupid CG bullet that flies into the screen at the Bond "walk-and-shoot" intro? NO!

Halle Berry is OK, it's just that she plays an annoying character. She's OK I guess.

I actually liked Gustav Graves as the baddie, but I thought the whole "I'm actually Korean under gene-therapy" was stupid. I would have preffered to him being a millionaire British nutcase.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 02:27 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

oh yeah, you won't find many people actually liking the car! I mean, the vanquish is a nice looking car, but the VANISH... BLEURGH!

the bullet at the intro didn't really bother me that much, it's of course a classic that they changed, but almost no one complains about Dr No where it's not Sean Connery that does the walking and shooting ...

and believe me, it's not only an annoying character Halle plays, she also is terrible at acting it out! she runs around almost forgetting she has a gun in her hands! (granted, she can't help about her character being so retardedly dumb and pathetic for an agent)

I think the mainproblem with the gene-therapy thing here is that it's too futuristic, no one wants to believe that it can happen (if)
yes, perhaps a nutcase would have been better, but how to wrap it up with the opening sequence? he was the bastard son of that guy?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 02:35 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I only meant it as a possible plot alternative. You could have just had that general guy in league with Graves because Bond killed his son and wants revenge. Simple. That and the diamond stuff. No gene-thereapy nonsense needed.

The bullet didn't bug me initially. The more I thought about it, the more it bugged me though.

I didn't think Halle Berry was convincing as a freakin' equal to Bond. As a Bond girl, yeah, fine, but she was so unconvincing as a secret agent that was supposed to know what she was doing.

Whats with Halle Berry and the "cat" roles anyway. First "Jinx" is a name you'd give a cat (or cat food even) and now Catwoman? Just an observation.

The car was rediculous though. A car that turned into a plane would be more believable. Heck, even a car that turned into a robot would be more believable than an invisible car.

That sort of stuff belongs in sci-fi stuff like Metal Gear Solid or something, not James Bond.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 02:46 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yeah, perhaps an alternative would have been better, would give it more credibility...

I never thought of the bullet actually, so guess I couldn't care less big grin

in my opinion, Jinx was nothing more than a stuck-up bondgirl, if people want someone with more input in the story, Christmas Jones at least tried to have it laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 05:28 PM
adz23

I LIKE THE CAR THE VANISH WOOO

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 06:35 PM
The Redeemer

DAD is not the worst of the Brosnan Bonds. That turkey award would have to go to THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH which is THE worst Bond. Ever. sad

The first hour or so was watchable pap - nothing special but entertaining - the second hour or so went downhill rather rapidly. A note to the Bond franchise...

REVAMP THE ENTIRE SERIES!!! yes

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 08:34 AM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

quote:
Originally posted by <<Solo>>
The Catch Lines also sucked. The Best Bond was Goldeneye and I think we can all agree upon that.

Oh, yeah? GOLDENEYE the best? mad Speak for youself, S! stick out tongue

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 08:37 AM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

you looked at the story??? I looked at Christmas big grin

oh well, by now you should know that Bond-movies don't excell in good stories
but the girl being the bad one while Bond didn't expect it was quite nice... only a retarded enemy but heck big grin

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 10:04 AM