KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Is Die Another Day Any Good

is it
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
best bond 3 12.50%
good 7 29.17%
average 6 25.00%
turd 8 33.33%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Is Die Another Day Any Good
Started by: adz23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

he even became a billionaire in a few years time

Old Post May 4th, 2004 03:27 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

quote:
Originally posted by Discos
This particular bond film but the others to shame with one fault....too many bloody high-tech equipment, invisible cars and Nasa space units attached inside surf boards roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing out loud well yeah these were a little bit over the top messed

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post May 5th, 2004 11:43 AM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JackMode211
The Black James Bond

die another day was tight.....good movie decent villans and a great car....even tho i loved each and every one of the bmw's and the bullet in the biggining.....big ****in deal...they changed it once.....WOW...the movie is ruined.....and you call yourselves bond fans....my ass...

Old Post May 10th, 2004 09:28 PM
JackMode211 is currently offline Click here to Send JackMode211 a Private Message Find more posts by JackMode211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EllaMarie
Lover of Things UK

I have to say it....

Thanks to The Redeemer and Yerssot for the comical exchange on page 2 of this thread (video versus discs....). laughing out loud big grin wink

I had a rough day today and it was just the humour I needed - almost like a Dilbert cartoon (do you get that in your part of the world? I feel so disconnected being North American!)

BTW, every Bond film has its merit and its pitfalls - just some have more than others. I think it's amazing how LONG the franchise has been able to cater to so many different tastes.

Now was that diplomatic and non-commital or what! stick out tongue

Okay - A View To A Kill is my least favourite - and I've never cared for Timothy Dalton in ANYTHING he's done.

(I liked Duran Duran until then too!)

Die Another Day is better than AVTAK and better than Never Say Never Again, IMHO. The eye candy of JB always helps the story. wink

Old Post May 10th, 2004 11:03 PM
EllaMarie is currently offline Click here to Send EllaMarie a Private Message Find more posts by EllaMarie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

two who liked DAD, we're getting there happy

quote:
Originally posted by JackMode211
die another day was tight.....good movie decent villans and a great car....even tho i loved each and every one of the bmw's and the bullet in the biggining.....big ****in deal...they changed it once.....WOW...the movie is ruined.....and you call yourselves bond fans....my ass...

actually you'd better watch your language roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 11th, 2004 05:39 AM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

seriously EM... Never Say Never Again is not canon big grin

I know Dilbert, but never saw an episode of it, which isn't that hard I think.

Of course every movie has its good and bad sides ... but stuff like the invicible car in DaD was just such a huge bad side it overshadows the good sides (like the almost excellent pre-title sequence, it was very Bond like)

and when you see it ... it's almost the same story everytime but they can still make a good movie out of it!

Old Post May 11th, 2004 11:28 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

DAD is satisfactory, but yet again...it has an FORGETTABLE super villain. Also, the one liners weren't that impressive. The most prominent one liner is from a secondary villain, Mr. Kill.

"I'm Mr. Kill."
"Where there's a name to die for."

John Cleese was the perfect replacement for Q.

"Here's the manual. You should be able to shoot through that in a couple of hours. (Regarding Bond's new car.)
Bond throws the manual into the air and the self-targeting machine guns on the car destroy it.
"Just took a few seconds, Q."
The look on John Cleese's face is priceless. "I wish I could make you disappear."

Old Post May 11th, 2004 04:54 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, I always had the hope they never had to replace Desmond sad

about the quotes:
James Bond: You know, you're cleverer than you look.
Q: Still, better than looking cleverer than you are.

Miranda Frost: I know all about you - sex for dinner, death for breakfast.

or

James Bond: Saved by the bell.

Raul: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

James Bond: So you live to die another day. (my personal favorite)

Q: There's always an excuse, isn't there Double-0-Zero?

see! some good quotes big grin
but yeah, stupid super villain to say the least

Old Post May 11th, 2004 06:22 PM
EllaMarie
Lover of Things UK

I think people often like or hate a movie - a Bond movie - depending on what "frame of reference" they happen to be in at the time of viewing. I remember loving stuff 10 years ago that I cannot imagine WHY I would watch them now. Maybe that's a factor??

Old Post May 12th, 2004 01:40 AM
EllaMarie is currently offline Click here to Send EllaMarie a Private Message Find more posts by EllaMarie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

You have a very good point, EllaMarie. A state of mind is very important. I remember hating TND in the theatres and now I think it's one of the most enjoyable Bond films ever. Elliott Carver is one of my fav Bond villains.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 02:13 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

Yeah you have a point, but that depends on the person's age messed 10 years ago I had never heard of Bond stick out tongue Perhaps there will be a day 10 years later that I will love OHMSS and hate DAD eek!

Old Post May 12th, 2004 11:03 AM
yerssot

that's easy, evy, ten years ago you didn't exist eek! wink

I agree with EM and AR big grin I disliked TND but I like it now messed though that still hasn't happened for DaD (yet)
though I do admit it has a great pre-title sequence

Old Post May 12th, 2004 02:26 PM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

DAD has a FORGETTABLE major villain as does all of Pierce's Bond's, however they do have good pre-title sequences.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 04:14 PM
yerssot

that's cause Carver was a "real life" threat but was just a weak miserable man

Old Post May 12th, 2004 04:23 PM
EllaMarie
Lover of Things UK

I think some movies need to be WATCHED a few times too - sometimes a movie is very entertaining the first time around and there are a few glitches in the plot or other areas that you can ignore....

And then you watch it a second time and they are more obvious...

And by the third time they are downright irritating and stupid so you're wondering how you could have liked it in the first place (other than for the hero/heroine).

And THEN - there are movies you appreciate all the more when you watch them again, and again - for me that would be the LOTR movies because there are so many details you can miss the first time around.

THAT SAID - has anyone out there come to love or hate "Die Another Day" after seeing it more than once - and why?

Old Post May 12th, 2004 05:16 PM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

I'll avoid it when I have my annual James Bond movie marathon this year. Once a year I choose a weekend and watch nothing by Bond films. When I can, I get some friends over to watch too.

Happy Dance

I'm having it next month.

Last edited by Reborn Again on May 12th, 2004 at 06:16 PM

Old Post May 12th, 2004 06:14 PM
The Redeemer

DAD is like everything else post LTK...varying degrees of embarrassment and utter and complete crap...

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 06:26 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

I never said it was crap. All I think is that the main villain is weak! And the scene with Bond on the surf reminds me of the Mummy Returns during the scene with the Scorpion King in his private cavern when we see "The Rock's" badly CGI'ed face. They could have CGI'ed that Bond scene better.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 06:32 PM
yerssot

I absolutely loathed it the first time, now I just strongly dislike it big grin

cause I saw it a couple of times

Old Post May 12th, 2004 07:04 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

And the disappearing car was stupid, and the gene idea, blah blah blah, ok it had it's flaws, but overall it was nice big grin The villain was kind of silly yes, not at all imposing or frightening messed

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
that's easy, evy, ten years ago you didn't exist eek! wink

you're just jealous of my youth Happy Dance

Old Post May 12th, 2004 10:03 PM