KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Official Inter-House Challenge Thread

Official Inter-House Challenge Thread
Started by: Tassie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (79): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

RebelPhoenix and Tassie .. lets discuss this in our house common room

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 09:53 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

Unicor777, we will join you in the common room, but please, i'm begging, can you not post these kind of things in this thread? sad It'll clutter the thread.

oh, if only i was a mod, i could delete some posts

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 09:59 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
myredmirage95
The Beat Box Badger

quote:
Originally posted by tassie
Bill Weasley: Left Hogwarts When Harry Came?

In the 4th book, Bill Weasley says that he has not been to Hogwarts in 5 years. Since Harry is in his 4th year, that would conclude that Bill had left the school the year before Harry joined Hogwarts. This cannot be true because Bill is the oldest child of the Weasley family. Charlie (the second oldest) is younger than Bill, but he was not at school when Harry was. Charlie probably left the school at least three years before Harry came. We can determine this because Fred and George were talking about how they had not won a single game since Charlie left (Fred and George said this in Harry's first year). They probably would not have been talking as though Charile had left the year before. This was pointed out to J.K Rowling, she said that Bill visited the school for one of Charlie's Quidditch matches.

Maybe it was meant that he hadnt been to the school in 5 years.. like not visited. Makes sense. oh yeah.. lmbo IT DOES SAY PERRY!!! Nice catch!

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 10:51 PM
myredmirage95 is currently offline Click here to Send myredmirage95 a Private Message Find more posts by myredmirage95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

quote:
Originally posted by Elondra
Well unfortunately Ravemclaw still hasn't got a Headsad

poor ravenclaw

Attachment: ravenclaw.jpg
This has been downloaded 160 time(s).

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 02:59 AM
Maikahyandowen is currently offline Click here to Send Maikahyandowen a Private Message Find more posts by Maikahyandowen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

gryff not as well

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 07:51 PM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

the Sig challenge ends Thursday

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 04:21 PM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

I found some news... i dont know what you would determine good news, but here it is smile Its the relise date for GoF

Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire
Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint

Director: Mike Newell
Release Date: November 18th, 2005
Studio: Warner Bros.
Message Boards: Post your comments

Synopsis: Harry Potter, now 14, has only two more weeks with his Muggle relatives before returning to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Yet one night a vision harrowing enough to make his lightning-bolt-shaped scar burn has Harry on edge and contacting his godfather-in-hiding, Sirius Black. Happily, the prospect of attending the season's premier sporting event, the Quidditch World Cup, is enough to make Harry momentarily forget that Lord Voldemort and his sinister familiars--the Death Eaters--are out for murder.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 04:25 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

Challenge is almost ending....

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 06:07 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elondra
Punk Princess

No way we haven't chosen ours yet

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 06:32 PM
Elondra is currently offline Click here to Send Elondra a Private Message Find more posts by Elondra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

well tom's the deadline

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 06:42 PM
Exabyte

But - tomorrow in the evening, I hope?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 06:57 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

yeah, no worries.... i suppose we'll start judging by Friday? yes
And by tom you guys will have your prefects, right?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 09:58 PM
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Since no one seems to be on the Hufflepuff thread - I'll just post this one just in case.

Hufflepuff house's first sig entry -

Attachment: hufflepuff.jpg
This has been downloaded 135 time(s).

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:53 AM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elondra
Punk Princess

Well ok then this is Ravenclaw's first entry:

We couldn't decide on the second one though due to lack of members.

Attachment: ravenclaw.jpg
This has been downloaded 126 time(s).

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 08:24 PM
Elondra is currently offline Click here to Send Elondra a Private Message Find more posts by Elondra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RebelPhoenix
I work in mysterious ways

OK nice, I love it when people are ahead of schedule smile

Firstly, Kitoky - I take it you're one of the prefects for Hufflepuff? If you are or even if you're not, seeing as you posted your first entry I believe that there was a consensus to use Behemoth's sig as well. Please post it smile

Secondly, Elondra - Lack of members to vote? Hmm, well I've noticed that you have a selection of equally stunning sigs to choose from so if you are a prefect why don't you choose another one youself and post it. That way you have an equal chance with everybody else - if you are not a prefect but your prefect does not turn up by an appropriate time today I think it's reasonable for you and whomever is there to decide which one you want. smile

Sidenote I think the judging should take place tomorrow in order to give everyone maximum time to post their entries and the judging will be carried out by all prefects and if necessary ultimately decided by the Heads. Remember people Fairness Above Favouritism always smile

Official Gryffindor Lawyer

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:51 PM
RebelPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send RebelPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by RebelPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

very well said. ..

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 10:03 PM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

quote:
Originally posted by RebelPhoenix
OK nice, I love it when people are ahead of schedule smile

Firstly, Kitoky - I take it you're one of the prefects for Hufflepuff? If you are or even if you're not, seeing as you posted your first entry I believe that there was a consensus to use Behemoth's sig as well. Please post it smile

I posted it just in case, that's all, I didn't mean any harm, I don't know what's going on, the Hufflepuffs are never on when I am sad

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 10:14 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RebelPhoenix

Hey, it's alright smile - I wasn't having a go at you, I'm sorry if it sounded that way. What I meant was since you posted the first entry maybe you'd like to post the second one too if your house prefects aren't here. Btw I think it was very thoughtful of you to post something for your house if you were worried, just as long as they are the ones the majority of you wanted smile

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 10:18 PM
RebelPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send RebelPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by RebelPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

yeah, good job Hufflepuff, for being the first smile

nicely said, RPhoe

i hope we get all the entries today..

i think from the next challenge, we should set a new standard....
points should be awarded to the first house to submit an entry, just to get everyone posting ontime ?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 10:22 PM
RebelPhoenix

Hmm, I dunno about that - I mean a deadline's a deadline and as long as it's met that's all that matters right? But I like your angle......... howabout, if you're late you get points deducted unless you officially state that your house will not be competing the challenge?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 10:25 PM