KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Official Inter-House Challenge Thread

Official Inter-House Challenge Thread
Started by: Tassie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (79): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tassie

^^can you please not post unnecessary comments in the challenge thread? please

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 07:42 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadySlytherin
LadyBaron

^_^ sorry tassie!

it is n o t our dreams that show .[what].[we].[trully].[are]. ...it is, our c h o i c e s

S L Y T H E R I N B A R O N N E S S

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 07:50 PM
LadySlytherin is currently offline Click here to Send LadySlytherin a Private Message Find more posts by LadySlytherin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

ok i done the marking thing but it was screwed up so i will have it dont tomorrow smile

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 07:59 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelsflame265
la la la lalaaaa

hey could we make this a note so it sticks? cause sometimes nobody talks on here for a while and dowwwwwwwwwn it goes

Offical Country Music Lover of Ravenclaw

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 09:04 PM
angelsflame265 is currently offline Click here to Send angelsflame265 a Private Message Find more posts by angelsflame265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

we'll need to ask Phoe

but i don't think making it a sticky's really necessary... i don't know..

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 09:11 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Do we score now?

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 03:28 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RebelPhoenix
I work in mysterious ways

GRYFFINDOR'S RATINGS:

In order by which entries were posted:

HUFFLEPUFF

Entry 1

Originality and Creativity

Ok, being original and creative is about thinking outside of the box, thinking past what you are supposed to do and giving something extra. As far as I can see, this Hufflepuff sig is the only one with a background that is actually somewhat related to theme, even if it's not Hufflepuff specifically putting Hogwarts there is something unusual in comparison to the other entries. Also, I like the font, it's cute, frinedly and bright just like the character of Hufflepuff itseself. Other then that the name, crest and mascots are all present a long with a couple of fleur de lis.

Resolution and Clarity

This sig is not crystal clear like some of the others, it is perhaps because the background is a drawing rather then a digitally made photograph and the badgers also look hand drawn whether they are or not, the same with the fleur de lis and even the crest. That's not negative in the slightest for it gives an overall effect of the mist/dusk of the night and it is evening in the picture which give sit ambience but in this category it's not as sharp as it could be.

Following Instructions

According to Tassie's original post the only real pre-requisite was to have the house symbol in the sig. Hence this sig meets that requirement.

Last edited by RebelPhoenix on Apr 17th, 2004 at 09:42 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 09:38 PM
RebelPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send RebelPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by RebelPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RebelPhoenix

Good Use of Colours

I like this sig's of colours, it's serene but then lifted with the vibrant yellows and that pattern is uniform throughout with no clashes or monotony - Yellow is a great colour for Hufflepuff signifiying their personality and in keeping with the black and yellow of the crest the entire sig follows suit. Even the fleur de lis and the background match in perfectly especially as the lights of Hogwarts enhance the overall glow.

Entry 2

This is a beautifully charming sig, it's very original and elegent especially in contrast to the other House entry. As that one was dark this one is light, with sunshine cascading onto the desceased and he is sitting on teh grass which represents a sense of peace and contemplation, even the single flower adds to the moment. This is definitely the most creative out of the sigs imo because it's based on an important moment of the history of the house, something that affected everybody rather then the typical formula of House colours, crest and mascot. The change in font is good, the only issue I have with it is that this moment might not be relevent always and it does not define the House, rather it commemorates then represents hence it will not always be immediately relevent.

Resolution and Clarity

The background and font are clear, the image of Cedric could stand to be a little clearer I think and the crest doesn't look as if it was resized clearly enough.

Following Instructions

The crest is there.

Official Gryffindor Lawyer

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 09:40 PM
RebelPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send RebelPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by RebelPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RebelPhoenix

Good Use of Colours

The black and yellow is follow through on his blazer, it was very fitting to find a picture of him in his Quidditch apparel which is what he was mainly known for in his so called defeat against Harry that one time - the yellow is also followed through in the font and matches well with the sunshine in the background.

Overall SCORE
Originality and Creativity: 6.5/8
Resolution and Clarity: 2/3
Following Instructions: 1/1
Good Use of Colours: 3/3

TOTAL MARK: 13/15

Last edited by RebelPhoenix on Apr 17th, 2004 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 09:42 PM
Kitoky
Starting Anew

*sniffs*

Thank you so much man....

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 09:54 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RebelPhoenix

GRYFFINDOR'S RATINGS: Part 2

SLYTHERIN

I like this sig, it's a parody much like my own personal sig and it's very in tune with the whole Slytherin attitude of tension between themselves and Gryffindor. I also like the way that it's animated, which was an idea I also came up with for my own House but it never came to fruition hence in comparison to all the sigs it is original because of the format used. Also the touch of the wand in between the two slogans acts as a transitional phase alongside with the effect rather just blanly changing from pic to the other and don't worry - I did notice the animated blood dripping from the serpents tongue wink

Resolution and Clarity

THis is a very clear sig, the only things that aren't as sharp as the rest are the crests - again that hand drawn effect rather then digital creation, I'm not saying that they weren't originally made on computer just that they appear alittle blurry and could of stood to be made sharper with the re-sizing.

Following Instructions

Check.

Good Use of Colours

Hard to go wrong with this one really, all I can say in addition is that the green energy from the wand is very appropriate.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 10:26 PM
RebelPhoenix

Overall SCORE
Originality and Creativity: 6/8

TOTAL MARK: 12/15

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 10:28 PM
RebelPhoenix

GRYFFINDOR'S RATINGS: Part3

RAVENCLAW(sorry, I realised that you poseted before Slytherin but by then I'd already posted their results.)

Entry 1

The background is stunning, very bold and eye ctaching from the first moment. However, it's not directly relevent to the House or school but I will take into consideration the fact that it follows House colours. Other then that, every thing is spaced out nicely avoiding clutter, the eagle is prominent, the font is legible and the crest is present. In terms of originality and creativity though, imo it seems that it sitcks to the typical formula without any variation and a suggestion that I would of made is that perhaps trying something different and using an actual raven instead or in addition to the eagle would have made it more innovative.

Resolution and Clarity

It's crystal clear, the only thing I would say is that the crest could have been either abit bigger or sharper.

Following Instructions

Check.

Good Use of Colours

The blue and white of the background fits in perfectly with the blue of the House colour and the white of the eagle, the white shadow on the font is also appreciated.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 10:55 PM
RebelPhoenix

Entry 2

Originality

Stunning, simply stunning. It has so much in it without clashing, the mascot, the verse, the motif and the crest. I like the way the eagle isn't as bright as the other sig, like in the hufflepuff contrast Ravenclaw also has one bright and one dark. That motif is awesome, I love the way it have the names and actual bird talons - very original and creative.

Resolution and Clarity

Ok, alot of things with this one - the resolution is as sharp as can be so no problems with that and I don't know if you added a transparent effect to the central part of the eagle's face on a photo editor or something but it certainly looks that way and adds to the visial appeal of it especially against the subdued back drop. My issues with this one however is with the clarity - I had a little trouble reading the verse, it's legible but difficult to see clearly, I realise that you were trying to fit in in properly with the other objects but the size and font sacrificed the clarity. The crest is sharp but maybe too sharp due to the resizing that made the name actually less clear then the other sig's one but then again it blends in with the overall clarity of the sig. The motif - again due to the sizing I didn't realise what it was until I really looked at it for a while and then remembered seeing the full sized one in your thread before - if it had been bigger it would have been beyond cool, because it actually spells Ravenclaw.

Following Instructions

Check.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 11:12 PM
RebelPhoenix

Good Use of Colours

Black was definitly a good choice to use because of the sheer amount going on in this sig, however, I think it could have stood to be dark blue as well which would have worked in the House colours. But other then that black is always chic and works in well with all of the white.

Overall SCORE
Resolution and Clarity: 1.5/3

TOTAL MARKS: 12/15

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 11:20 PM
RebelPhoenix

GRYFFINDOR'S RATINGS:

GRYFFINDOR

Entry 1

This sig, similarly to Ravenclaws second sig had alot going on with many icons symbolising different things and avoids clutter. Firstly, the crest unlike the other sigs is the centre piece and it is held up by the mascot of the House but also by an actual Gryphon which is something original and creative in that it goes with the actual House name rather then just the mascot. The overall effect of this now seemingly double crest is that it looks like royal crest or one from a house of nobility - which gives it a kind of medieval authenticity. Moving on, the name is present in an equally flourishing font and Godric Gryffindor's sword is present in both corners heightening the representational feel of Gryffindor in total. Again, it all adds to make it look regal and important - the background is not necessarily directly related to the House but the House colours in a fiery feel and works with the other pictures in the sig.

Resolution and Clarity

The crest and background are clear but the swords could definitely stand to be made sharper and preferably with a more metallic sheen to make them more noticeable to blend in with the knight's helmet. Overall I think the whole sig could be made alittle clearer/sharper to give it a more polished feel.

Following Instructions

Check.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 11:56 PM
RebelPhoenix

Good Use of Colour

The fiery background works very well with the crest, the lion and the Gryphon - the reds, oranges and yellows - the only issue I have is with the colour of the font - like the swords I think it would have stood to be more metallic looking.

Entry 2

This sig is much like the first Ravenclaw entry to me, in that is sticks to the typical formula without variation. It does has a stunning background that is eyecatching but unlike the Ravenclaw one it doesn't use House colours and takes up too much space distracting from the directly related elements which are too small in comparison. However, even though the background stands out it still has a calm feeling to it which matches the lions expression but the crest doesn't really stand out too much from it due to the similarity in shade (dark purple and dark red). The font however is gorgeous and the colour is just right - I think it could have been bigger though in order to fill the space better.

Resolution and Clarity

It is very clear, everything is legible and the crest is clearer then many of the other sigs.

Following Insructions

Check.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 12:10 AM
RebelPhoenix

Good Use of Colours

The dark colours all work together with the light font which gives it balance and like two of the other houses Gryffindor also went with the light and dark contrasts. The dark purple even works well with the dark part of the lion's mane.

Overall SCORE
Resolution and Clarity: 2.5/3
Good Use of Colours: 2/3

TOTAL MARKS: 12/15

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 12:14 AM
RebelPhoenix

GRYFFINDOR TOTAL MARKS LIST

1 extra point for the first entry, 1 point per entry per house and 1 point deducted for every late entry.

Hufflepuff
Originality and Creativity: 7/8 (not 6.5, it was too late to edit before)
TOTAL MARK & Extra Marks: 13/15 + 1 + 2

Slytherin
Originality and Creativity: 6/8
TOTAL MARK & Extra marks: 12/15 + 1

Ravenclaw
Resolution and Clarity: 1.5/3
TOTAL MARKS & Extra Marks: 12/15 + 2

Gryffindor
Resolution and Clarity: 2.5/3
Good Use of Colours: 2/3
TOTAL MARKS & Extra Marks: 12/15 + 2

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 12:23 AM
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Huffelpuff #1
originality and creativity = 6/8
I thought that the fact that is was drawn, shows a lot of creativity. The effort was defiantly made. This was defiantly creative and I think the added pics of students made this sig original.

resolution and clarity = 2/3
The entire sig could be a bit clear. The boy towards the far right is kind of faded. The crest itself is a drawn, which is good, but the outline of the crest (in black) could stand out a little more)

following instructions = 1/1
good use of colours = 1/3
it’s a bit dark. Too much black. I think you could have used more colors besides black and yellow.

Huffelpuff Entry #2
originality and creativity = 7.5/8
Again, the drawn crest makes this sig original. The crest is a good size. The background of castles also has a certain appeal to it. The fog around the moon is very much presentable and I like it.

resolution and clarity = 2/3
the words are pretty clear. The little black and white animals on each side could be a little clear. I’m guessing that they are whales? I dunno, could be wrong.

following instructions = 1/1
the houses name is present and so is the crest

good use of colours = 3/3
I’d have to say that the midnight, moonlight theme is really working in this sig. The fog surrounding the moon is not too much, nor too little. Again, the name Huffelpuff, is in a good size font and is clearly readable. The little lights in the castle adds an extra effect to the overall moonlight theme. The use of yellow is elegantly used.

Entry #1: 10/15 +1= 11/15
Entry #2: 13.5/15

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Last edited by RoguePw25 on Apr 18th, 2004 at 03:28 AM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 03:26 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote