KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » teras kasi vs. jedi

teras kasi vs. jedi
Started by: rudysseus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rudysseus

Question teras kasi vs. jedi

okay, back when that Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi game came out on the Playstation, they introduced Arden Lyn (?) and the martial art of Teras Kasi. If anyone has played the Star Wars A Galaxy Divided online game, you may or may not know that Teras Kasi is one of the most powerful classes. I've also been told in game, and vaguely remember from the playstation game that Teras Kasi masters can hold their own against Jedi.

Can anyone back this up or refute it? I imagine theyd have a difficult time, seeing as how its largely (from what ive seen) and unarmed style of fighting, and that would seem like a death sentence against a lightsaber. Anyone have information or an opinion on this at all?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 06:38 PM
Click here to Send rudysseus a Private Message Find more posts by rudysseus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

teras kasi is a fighting art that a lot of jedi use. darth maul is a teras kasi master, as is master anoon bondora, darsha assants master from "darth maul:shadow hunter".
teras kasi is a martial art, plain and simple. the only thing impervious to a lightsaber is yuzzhaan vong technology.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 02:02 PM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

quote:
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
the only thing impervious to a lightsaber is yuzzhaan vong technology.

no, that is not entirely true...there is a natural material that is very hard for lightsabers to cut through...i cannot remember which book it is in, and i don't have my library with me, but i seem to remember it being in the Joruus C'Both(?) series...with Talon Kaarde.

EDIT: i see the Cortosis poll right after i posted this...i guess you mean truly impervious, but still...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Last edited by JediHDM on Apr 14th, 2004 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 07:17 PM
Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
no, that is not entirely true...there is a natural material that is very hard for lightsabers to cut through...i cannot remember which book it is in, and i don't have my library with me, but i seem to remember it being in the Joruus C'Both(?) series...with Talon Kaarde.

EDIT: i see the Cortosis poll right after i posted this...i guess you mean truly impervious, but still...

yeah, i think i remember something about that. i forgot where i read it, but there is something else tough for sabers to cut through. but i assumed you meant impervious. i dont think it was in the series with joruus c boath. let me know if you find out for certain, and i will do the same.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:14 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

i seem to remember two places...the second one, if i remember correctly, was with Luke and Mara...it's been so long, i can't remember where it was at...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 02:24 AM
Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jodo kast
Restricted

Account Restricted

IN the jedi council series.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 01:54 PM
Click here to Send Jodo kast a Private Message Find more posts by Jodo kast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM

That natural material is called cortosis. Luke and Mara encountered a cortosis ore underneath tha Chiss fortress in Tha Hand of Thrwan: Vision of the Future (chapter 15 to be exact). The other time they encountered cortosis was when Luke and Corran met some Force-users who had made clothes with cortosis fibers (I haven't read that book but Luke told Mara this in Vision of the Future).

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 05:55 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote