KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman power limits?

Superman power limits?
Started by: SuperDarryl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Goldeneye

If Wolverine went into the sun, that wildcat is really lucky because everything should've melted except maybe his adamantium coated bones. His T-cells and regenerative cells should've died. That would teach other mutants with healing factors (like Sabertooth) not to abuse their gifts...Anyway Superman can probably stand in the hottest sun for a while but I'd bet it would feel uncomfortable to him. Like "Kal-el" said earlier, Superman's powers have indeed been limited. I mean how challenging would Doomsday for example be against a purely invulnerable person?...That's why they say he's "virtually" invulnerable. Different comics explain Superman's powers in different ways. How many of you read Birthright"? Superman's body, by harnessing solar radiation became stronger than titanium but is common in appearance. Other sources say he's protected by an aura that's activated by harnessed solar radiation...It also protects his suit to a certain degree. Supes drains solar radiation but doesn't get stronger from the heat. Besides Supes would probably become soup if he went to Krypton's sun while it was exploding.

Last edited by Goldeneye on Oct 30th, 2004 at 03:46 AM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2004 03:44 AM
Goldeneye is currently offline Click here to Send Goldeneye a Private Message Find more posts by Goldeneye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goku-vs-superma
The Comic Book King

quote:
Originally posted by SuperNova
DC CHARACTER BUILDING STUDIO.
2:30 AM.
"Dude... We have to make this new hero by 8 or were gonna get axed..." Some guy.
"I know I KNOW but making a hero is hard!" Some guy 2
"Yea, well, were gonna have to think, or were fired... How about a fast runner?" Some guy 3.
"No, theres the flash" Some guy 2
"Yup" some guy 1
"Dangit..." Some guy 3
"Well..."
"Since were gonna get fired... lets PULL OUT DA BEER!" Some guy 1
After drinking, LOTS, 5:30 am.
"OK OK OK... U MAKE DUHHHH COSTUME..." Some guy 1
"Yup! We make him... dis... He get super strong! And... We give him all this crap... Laser eyes... And see through eyes... Make him so cheap ass that... Even hulk cant beat him!" Some guy 3
"Thats marvel! Bizzzzaaaaatttchhh!" Some guy 2
"Sooooo?" Some guy 3

My point being, Is, Superman was just some hero, that was thought up in like 5 minutes by a group of stupid japanese drunks. "Lets make flashy lights, and bright colors that give people seuizures come out of his eyes!"
Hes the cheapest hero in the books, and they thought him up in like 10 minutes before a board meeting. So, I wouldnt be surprises if he could walk in the sun and have sex with the burning hot gas itself. [/B]

actually superman was thought up by halocaust survivors while in a concentration camp. laser eyes to cut through the fences and flight to fly away!!! more powers were added ass time went on. the japanese bit was racist and very offensive

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 06:51 AM
goku-vs-superma is currently offline Click here to Send goku-vs-superma a Private Message Find more posts by goku-vs-superma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by goku-vs-superma
actually superman was thought up by halocaust survivors while in a concentration camp.

True

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 06:55 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ayjay
Psycho....

woow..i didnt know dat...koool!

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 08:48 AM
ayjay is currently offline Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superyan

Lol superman cant breath in the space ????????In superman 4 he battle nuclearman in the space and go to the moon and put the american flag up so he still cant breath on the space???? like general Zod before coming to earth stop to the moon and give hard time to some american who work on it so YES superman cant breath in the space

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 10:29 PM
Superyan is currently offline Click here to Send Superyan a Private Message Find more posts by Superyan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theobvious
Moment of Truth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kal-el
You cant really say that just coz a DD punch can kill him, it instantly means he isn't that strong.It could be that he is and so is Doomsday. We dont know that he can't bench the Earth either but dont aplly real physics, you'll drive yourself insane! You should read 'the science of superheros' though. You'll prob find it funny if you're a science buff. I did, it makes scientological mince meat out of all you're fave heroes but it's damn funny.

Superman couldnt' bench press the earth. Our planet weighs somewhere around 800,000,000,000,000,000,000 pounds or 400,000,000,000,000,000 tons. For short that number 800 quintillion lbs. or 400 quintillion tons.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 09:01 PM
theobvious is currently offline Click here to Send theobvious a Private Message Find more posts by theobvious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

Okay well all I know is that no one really knows the extent of Supermans powers as they said in this one comic Snoopdog put up in the boards they can not measure is Heat vision, How fast he goes according to this other comic I read Superman can go really fast but in a crowded area it would probably kille them if he was going his fastest. Supermans strength can be raised of he needs to if he diverts Recovery: Superman's body continues absorbing solar radiation even after death. This energy may eventually return him to life making it virtually impossible to kill him Superman needs an Earth like atmosphere to breath in. His Endurance enables him to last for extended period holding his breath, but in space he will eventually need a space suit. His greater constitution provides little need for sleep, however eventually he will tire and require rest.
Power Boost: Superman can direct his bodies energies into his Strength, Flight or Speed. It is an instantaneous boost and will be used when the challenge calls for it. Superman also has a vulnerability to magic attacks and the effects of magic. Magical attacks directly effect Superman ignoring any resistances or invulnerabilities. Superman is vulnerable to Krytonite an irradiated ore from his home planet of Krypton. He is powered by a particular wavelength of light which happens to be rather abundant in our sun. Kryptonite either destroys or interrupts this because it's radiation is in a band which is similar to sunlight, but causes a different process to occur. In other words, the kryptonite radiation "chases out" the sunlight. There are different spectrums of Kryptonite and its effects on Superman.Gold kryptonite: Gold kryptonite robs kryptonians of all super abilities and powers and they then have the same stats of a normal human of the same height,weight and build. Red Kryptonite: causes bizzare changes in Superman's body at a Unearthly rank. Changes in the past have included a beserk-madness rage and personal shrinking at a Incredible rank. It is up to the game judge to assign an effect at the time of the exposure to Red Kryptonite. These changes last for one day per round of exposure to the Red Kryptonite.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 12:00 AM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tonyman1989

our planet weights 6.6 sextillion tons (6,600,000,000,000,000,000,000)

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 12:57 AM
tonyman1989 is currently offline Click here to Send tonyman1989 a Private Message Find more posts by tonyman1989 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Snake
The General

de point is the planet is heavy, and superman, wonderowman and martian manhunter can move it if they pulled at once

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 12:49 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman's Power chart

Strength: At least able to lift and move mountains (weighing millions, maybe Billions of tons) - Cannot move the moon on his own

Speed : Atleast orbital velocity : (360. 47 miles per second) - to Sub Light Speeds (150,000o 185,620 miles per second)

Durability: Can easilly withstand high Megaton Nukes/Punches from Mountain moving characters - Can withstand the immense heat and pressure of the sun. Can be cut by only a select few objects through out the D.C. universe (E.G. Wonder Womans Sword)

Heat Vision: Atleast as Hot as the centre of Stars, can deflect the Omega effect, severly hurt Doomsday - So hot it is immeasurable by any device constructed my mann (Note we can measure the heat of Super Nova, which can reach trillions of degrees.)

Super Beathe: I don't know

smile smile

Old Post Aug 20th, 2005 10:30 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Superman doesnt need to breathe in space.
He can live in the sun without anything else.
His heat vision it hotter than a star.
Can casually toss moon sized objects at the very least.
On earth has sub light speeds, in space he is faster than light.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 03:02 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Byrne Superman couldnt breath in space but that changed during the years.
When Superman showed to be faster than light.

Tossing moon sized objects its his "limit" without a power boost.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 08:05 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by olympian
Byrne Superman couldnt breath in space but that changed during the years.
When Superman showed to be faster than light.

Tossing moon sized objects its his "limit" without a power boost.

Proof to suggests that characters don't need official incidents to power them up or De power them. Its really dependent on how the writer perceives them. wink

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 09:09 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Its true, but im going with the fact that post crisis, towing a moon sized object was the best he accomplished without help and with no boosts.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 09:16 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its true, but I'm going with the fact that post crisis, towing a moon sized object was the best he accomplished without help and with no boosts.

No I'm talking more about the crazy theory i USED to have about the marvel strong guys being DE powered. I used to get alot of stick for that. It was funny though. I was a bit unexperienced and tried to take on the ideals of the mass majority. How Stupid was I ?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 09:31 PM
olympian

Eh not at all. DC does give that idea tho, because Marvel pretty much likes to keep it more down to earth.

But both are crazy to booth with the feats they make. They are equal in that area.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 10:15 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Superman has no limits. He's Superman. smile

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 10:50 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eh not at all. DC does give that idea tho, because Marvel pretty much likes to keep it more down to earth.

But both are crazy to booth with the feats they make. They are equal in that area.

D.C. has more !!!!!!!!!!

More consitency. More Impressive (Nah probably not infact). More Quantity. Roger More (Ehhhh ??????). Generally More !!!!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 11:02 PM
olympian

okok i admit.

DC has more.....................something!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 11:42 PM
Anthonypilone01

Supermn

I'm a huge fan of Superman and I'd like to ask you a question.
Does Superman's powers including strength and speed increase with age? I'm just curious, thats all.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2009 01:09 AM
Anthonypilone01 is currently offline Click here to Send Anthonypilone01 a Private Message Find more posts by Anthonypilone01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote