KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman power limits?

Superman power limits?
Started by: SuperDarryl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-

superman also stated that even subconsciously, he always holds back.

You mean like Thor always says he holds back?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 11th, 2010 03:28 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by roughrider
You mean like Thor always says he holds back?

Superman doesn't always do it intentionally, though.

Plus, When have Orion, Grundy or Mongul ever matched his strength?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 11th, 2010 08:32 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
newark

'Nuff said.

Yeah basically. His powers increase the longer he's exposed to a yellow sun though I'm wondering how then are the other kryptonians already as stronger as him after just a few months of exposure heck, Non even seems stronger than him.

Old Post May 13th, 2010 07:06 AM
newark is currently offline Click here to Send newark a Private Message Find more posts by newark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

um, in the latest issue of war of the supermen, doesn't supes take on zod, ursa, and non all at the same time? i mean, brushes non and ursa aside like they're nothing the whole fight. also, he seems to be winning against the three of them.

Old Post May 17th, 2010 12:21 AM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Superman doesn't always do it intentionally, though.

Plus, When have Orion, Grundy or Mongul ever matched his strength?

You're kidding right? About Orion I mean. Orion is unquestionably Superman's physical equal and in my opinion maybe even slightly stronger.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 17th, 2010 12:52 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Omega Vision
You're kidding right? About Orion I mean. Orion is unquestionably Superman's physical equal and in my opinion maybe even slightly stronger.

then you'd be wrong, bucko.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 17th, 2010 05:42 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Orion physically stronger than Superman? I'd say his closer to Wonder Woman than Superman from what I've seen personally. At least when push comes to shove and Superman kicks it up a notch.

Old Post May 17th, 2010 05:51 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Originally posted by Omega Vision

I disagree !

Old Post May 17th, 2010 02:25 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Originally posted by roughrider
Two important factors about his strength & endurance.

(1) Superman's greatest feats of strength have happened while he's been flying. This leads to the idea that he's using a different power source while performing such a feat. You'd think someone often described as a 'planet mover' would be virtually unmatched - but non-flying bricks like Darkseid (OK he can levitate), Mongul, Doomsday, Orion and Solomon Grundy have all matched - if not exceeded - his strength levels h2h on some occasions.

I agree with this btw - It would explain a lot of inconsistency.

Not that any authors have officially adopted it - but its almost a meta fictional rule .... Similar to following; 1.) those with super durability seem to be able to inexplicably boost their inertia, whenever they are hit, preventing them from accelerating in the opposite direction at huge velocities 2.) indirect shock waves are absorbed by charcters with super durability. 3.) Characters can dodge bullets if they are quicker than the person pulling the trigger - meta fictional rules that are prominent in comics, but aren't official.

Old Post May 17th, 2010 02:35 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

then you'd be wrong, bucko.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Orion physically stronger than Superman? I'd say his closer to Wonder Woman than Superman from what I've seen personally. At least when push comes to shove and Superman kicks it up a notch.

Seconded...or, thirded, rather.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 03:44 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I think Superman is slightly stronger than Orion not as big of a gap as between WW and Superman.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 05:23 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Orion not being stronger than Superman is resonable. Him being closer to Wonder Woman than Superman is asinine.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post May 18th, 2010 07:17 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Philosophía
Orion not being stronger than Superman is resonable. Him being closer to Wonder Woman than Superman is asinine.

QFT

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 07:52 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Very few character can match Superman in the Strength category. Superman just becomes as stronger as the character he is fighting most of the time.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:35 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Originally posted by kgkg
Very few character can match Superman in the Strength category. Superman just becomes as stronger as the character he is fighting most of the time.

The Only characters I would say for SURE are physically stronger (And I mean physically - not powerful). Are derivatives of himself; I.e. K.C., One Million (You know what I mean) and Prime. I wouldn't even put my money on team wreckers like Despro being stronger; definitely more powerful - but I don't think their stronger.

Old Post May 19th, 2010 12:29 AM
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
The Only characters I would say for SURE are physically stronger (And I mean physically - not powerful). Are derivatives of himself; I.e. K.C., One Million (You know what I mean) and Prime. I wouldn't even put my money on team wreckers like Despro being stronger; definitely more powerful - but I don't think their stronger.

What about PC Validus?

Old Post May 19th, 2010 01:01 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Philosophía

Meh. If Superman was 100, I'd rank Wonder Woman at around 85 and Orion in the low to mid 90's.

He just hasn't impressed me as much as he has others it seems.

Old Post May 19th, 2010 01:18 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Enyalus
Seconded...or, thirded, rather.

thumb up

Where've you been you bastard?

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on May 19th, 2010 at 01:21 AM

Old Post May 19th, 2010 01:19 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by quanchi112
I think Superman is slightly stronger than Orion not as big of a gap as between WW and Superman.

I agree. The gap between Superman and Orion is clearly smaller than the gap between Superman and Diana.

His somewhere near the middle of the gap between Superman and Wonder Woman in my opinion.

Old Post May 19th, 2010 01:20 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by kgkg
No, the guy has limits and can't match up with the Hulk in terms of strength or the Sentry. Superman is still an equal to Marvel in strength.

Old Post May 19th, 2010 03:29 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote