KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » '50 reason to Reject the Matrix'

'50 reason to Reject the Matrix'
Started by: JediHDM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

But is it?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 11:58 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
This AGAIN? I posted this link a while ago.

I hate to say it... but you guys are really demonstrating low levels of sense here.

THIS IS NOT GENUINE!

MAN, this kind of thing lowers my opinion of people in general. The whole thing is a spoof, and one of the funniest damn things I ever read. It is taking the piss out of people that criticise the Matrix and it is MASTERFULLY written, and yet the forums are full of people who don;t realise this, and recevie firm rebuttals from the people who run the site (the Prof is not a real person, btw)

I thought it was just dumb people at that forum, but now I am VERY disappointed to see that none of you could see it for what it was either.

Very bad, this. My confidence is very shaken.

Now you have realised this, check out their LOTR one also, and their 'reasons why file sharing is bad', which has a hysterical start. They also have a series of websites taking the piss out of people who tried to spoilet the film.

This is a clever site made by fans- try not to let your emotions cloud your judgment in future.

Gee, how can you have POSSIBLY thought this was real, seeing how absurd it deliberatley got as time went by? I was annoyed I didn't get it by point 4, and anyone who seriously thought it was genuine by point 7... has issues.

It is tasteless, sure. But it is not dumb.

This, and the LOTR ones are the shittiest spoofs I've ever read. Ever. www.landoverbaptist.org is an example of a good spoof. These were not. When you spoof something, you take the original and exaggerate it. The exaggeration is not supposed to be able to be proven wrong though, just that the perception of the exaggeration is so absurd that you have to believe that it's 1. a spoof, or 2. that these people are lunatics.

I thought neither. Bad spoof.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 02:13 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

quote:
Originally posted by shaber
The Matrix seemed a better place than Zion in the original.

new jersey seemed like a better place than zion after the first movie.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 05:33 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Huh?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 09:25 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

what now?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 09:59 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
This, and the LOTR ones are the shittiest spoofs I've ever read. Ever. www.landoverbaptist.org is an example of a good spoof. These were not. When you spoof something, you take the original and exaggerate it. The exaggeration is not supposed to be able to be proven wrong though, just that the perception of the exaggeration is so absurd that you have to believe that it's 1. a spoof, or 2. that these people are lunatics.

I thought neither. Bad spoof.

Nope, that just shows you haven't read i properly. Do so.

It's spoofing the CRITICS.

Geez.

Do your research before you post comments. Thier boards are also full of people who tried to change tack and try and dismiss it intellectually as well, and they all look just as silly.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 10:10 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

Landoverbaptist.org is too blatant a spoof to be particularly amuzing. Satire is supposed to be some...subtle...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 11:10 PM
tpaquin is currently offline Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Nope, that just shows you haven't read i properly. Do so.

It's spoofing the CRITICS.

Geez.

Do your research before you post comments. Thier boards are also full of people who tried to change tack and try and dismiss it intellectually as well, and they all look just as silly.

That's funny, you think I didn't know it was meant to spoof the critics.

I read their boards also, before my post. I'm not trying to "change track"(uhh, what? that would imply that I thought it wasn't a spoof in the first place). It was just a shitty spoof. Maybe they have better ones, but I'm saying that these two, the Matrix and LOTR critic spoofs, suck.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 11:39 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Why are all these old threads being bumped? I know this forum is dead, but really...*bangs head off keyboard with frustration*

IT IS A JOKE.

End of story.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 05:34 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

omg...what did i do to deserve this inane bumping of stupid threads, some of which i, in bouts of lunacy, created?! why, oh why?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 02:47 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

After reading this, I feel like I need to lie down. This is idiotic beyond reason. My four year-old niece could come up with a better critique than this should she watch each film once.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 05:55 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

It's OKAY PEOPLE! Let it go... Just let it go...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 09:31 PM
xeous
The Next.

Worst bump ever.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 11:54 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Don't bump it!

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 01:10 AM
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
omg...what did i do to deserve this inane bumping of stupid threads, some of which i, in bouts of lunacy, created?! why, oh why?

its not our fault

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 06:09 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

quote:
Originally posted by Korri
its not our fault

i'm not blaming it on you, dear...i'm blaming it on the people who shall remain nameless that keep bumpinb useless threads

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 08:29 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

well these people that shall remain nameless have had a few words from me so i dont think it will be happening again wink

Old Post Nov 21st, 2004 11:42 AM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

~!*--!SHAMELESS BUMP!--*!~

Old Post Nov 21st, 2004 11:56 PM
Spoof

good lord what is it wtih all these Matrix haters? I mean seriously some people in this chat seem to make it their lives to down the matrix...I think their the ones who are obsessed. It's just a movie people what the hell are we all fighting about. We're allowed to have our own opinions true..but in the matrix chat don't join it if you don't like it..save yourself the goddamn trouble!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2006 06:21 PM
Spoof is currently offline Click here to Send Spoof a Private Message Find more posts by Spoof Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, this was still hilarious. It was a spot-on attack on some of the dumbass criticisms people were levelling at Matrix.

And I guess Sandman was just unable to appreciate that. Shame.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 05:25 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote