KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » 50 Reasons why LORD OF THE RINGS Sucks

50 Reasons why LORD OF THE RINGS Sucks
Started by: Agent Elrond

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tassie

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
The main definition of spam is that it is either irrelevant or self-interested.

so how many useful links, then, have we been deprived of??

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:34 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

blink

Advertising.....as in their own personal site even though it's on Lord of the Rings?

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:37 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

Rule -

No SPAM
Do not place ANY advertisements on the forums. This will be considered SPAM and could result in the loss of your KMC Community Membership. We generally class SPAM as a website with which the person has a personal interest in, or is not a relevant topic of discussion. You can, however, place links in your signature (excluding forums) as long as it is placed sensibly.

So basically...you can post a link that isn't an advertisement...but you can't be interested in the link...or else you will be banned.

blink Like I said...clear as mud !

A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Err, well, it is generally the mods call with these things, you know?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Looks perfectly clear to me, Skinner- sorry you have troubles with it but there have never been troubles before.

It is very simple- if the link is to a site you have a stake in (this is advertising) or it is irrelevant, it is spam.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:38 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I read the 50 reasons, and visited those boards. I not going to be judgemental, but the amount of profanity just doesn't make me want to go back there. As far as the humor of the person......well, it isn't that big of a laugh.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:40 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's not humour for everyone, but I loved it.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:40 PM
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Um...okay.....I'll just work it on here....I think I get it now..

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:42 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

quote:
Looks perfectly clear to me, Skinner- sorry you have troubles with it but there have never been troubles before.

Thanks for the update Ush...but I don't have any troubles with it...

Just trying to figure out what is SPAM and what isn't...

No need for an attidude

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:42 PM
A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, it strikes me you are having troubles if you are still not clear on it. I am afraid we cannot really make it any more clear than it is.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:44 PM
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/film/50reasons.html

Here is the original Link...but again...I have no self interest in this link...

( Crystal Clear now Ush..thank you very much )

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:47 PM
Kitoky
Starting Anew

quote:
Originally posted by Kitoky
blink

Advertising.....as in their own personal site even though it's on Lord of the Rings?

Can you answer this Ush?

Thank you so much Eezy!!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:47 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If it is their own personal site then it is advertising and so spam.

Better to carry a link to your site in your sig.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:48 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Countering is pointless. The points are intentionally nonsensical.

And... sorry, Kit, but that was not spam.

Incidentally, BF, I could not disagree more- those people have far more wit and intelligence.

Not from what I've seen. Both the Matrix and lotr articles failed to make me laugh. It just points out the same flaws that everyone else has pointed out in the past. At least maddox pointed out some unique and humerous things about each movie that hadn't been stated before, at least not in such wacky and humerously worded ways.

"Keanu Reeves aproaces each scene with the steadfast determination of a moron running into a wall". I find that much funnier then just "Keanue Reeves is in it, so it isn't good". Nothing very funny about that.

Oh, and Ush is correct, it is not spam.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:50 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Okay so personal site is spam, but something a link like more or less a public link then it is good?

Okay, crystal clear now.

Thank you so much Eezy!!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:50 PM
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

quote:
If it is their own personal site then it is advertising and so spam.

Better to carry a link to your site in your sig.

So this is why someone else's site was not allowed...for it was posted in a thread...but, if it had been posted in this person's signature...then it would have been alright.

Okay...this is making more sense now.

So you can only advertise in your sig and not in your posts ! Got it !

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:51 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, there is a specific provision for putting a site link in your sig.

However, for various practical reasons it is not allowed to advertise other message boards full stop, in your sig or otherwise.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:52 PM
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

quote:
Yes, there is a specific provision for putting a site link in your sig.

However, for various practical reasons it is not allowed to advertise other message boards full stop, in your sig or otherwise.

Umm, why would we ever want to advertise any other message board.

KMC Rocks rock

www.killermovies.com

Last edited by A.D. Skinner on Apr 15th, 2004 at 10:01 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:58 PM
Kitoky
Starting Anew

What if you put a link....in which it has a link to your own personal site? big grin

Thank you so much Eezy!!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:59 PM
Tassie

if the original link isn't a personal link, then no one knows, no harm done right?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 10:02 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote