KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Hero

Hero
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shadow_King
-

isnt this movie kinda similar to kill bill.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 10:07 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

its nothing like kill bill
hero has a chinese theme were as
kill bill has a japanese theme

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 10:58 AM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

but it said in the trailer that jet lee is exacting revenge for what happened to his ppl so now he is gotta kill 4 deadly assasins to get to his target.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 05:48 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

and uma was exacting revenge for what happened to her so she had to kill 4 deadly asassins to get to bill.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 05:49 PM
Fearnix
Piggy

no jet li is looking for revenge against heros not villans when you see it you will under stand

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 06:28 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

ok ok

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 07:23 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by Fearnix
i have seen it and own it, its ****ing great
jet li,donnie yen,Maggie Cheung and Zhang Ziyi

btw TrAnCeDuO there are a few fighting tecs with shield

uhh...no there isnt...last time i checked asian martial arts dont use shields...they use theyre weapons to parry and block...and besides in the trailer the army looks more roman or greek oriented than asain

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 07:48 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

TrAnCeDuO have you seen Hero?? and yes they do use shields

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 05:39 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

no i havent....and if asian martial arts use shields then tell me...what were they called?

provide me with actual historical evidence and pictures of this and i will not say another word...but if you dont youll prove yourself an idiot and a person who knows nothing of martial arts(whereas i do)

Made by "The Ones"

Last edited by TrAnCeDuO on Aug 4th, 2004 at 06:06 PM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 06:01 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

any wepon can be used with a shield and still be a technique because thats why you have techniques called sword and sheild and i dobt you know any thing about martial arts

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 07:31 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

ok first of all i take japanese jiu jitsu... i know alot about martial arts...what about you what do you take?

second...that still doesnt make any sense...a shield and blocking are two seperate things...blocking is an action that you can do with anything...a shield is a seperate armanment thats used for the sole purpose of blocking...as far as i know only europeans used that! way to tell the difference fool!

dont ever doubt me...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 07:41 PM
Fearnix
Piggy

no the chinses use sheild and sword techniques so the sheild is used as a weapon. i know kick boxing (european style) Muay Thai Kickboxing i am just about to learn sholin hopefully TaeKwonDo and trying to learn capaoeira

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 07:49 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

oh really? if the chinese did used shields what were they called?...and im still waiting on the historical proof!

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 07:52 PM
Fearnix
Piggy

i dont know the name...
btw you are a Samurai-in-training wtf is that about you did not say that you are learning Bushijutsu/Kendo.. i bet you think a ninja could take a Samurai in a fight aswell

Last edited by Fearnix on Aug 4th, 2004 at 07:58 PM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 07:56 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

okay mr "pretty hate machine" what the hell does my title have to do with anything? okay maybe i am just starting with martial arts but i know more than enough to know that they dont use shields...but the point is that your being totally irrelevent...second of all no i dont...i have my own personal philosophy of battle...you do know it is stupid to assume things about people right?

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 07:59 PM
Fearnix
Piggy

TrAnCeDuO:i know more than enough to know that they dont use shields.. laughing

you are training to be a Samurai your philosophy should be that of a samurai

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:05 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

i dont understand where your going with that post...and besides isnt it bad to be cookie cutter? after all just because i follow a martial art doesnt mean its going to rob me of my own personal views and philosphies...and as for the me being in training..it doesnt matter..people like study war all the time...in cases like these its knowledge that matters...not experience..

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:10 PM
Fearnix
Piggy

the art of the Samurai is just not physical training....

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:12 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

no crap sherlock...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:13 PM
Fearnix
Piggy

well thats all you are doing

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:17 PM