KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Hero

Hero
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

anyways this is getting way off subject...you have yet to provide any evidence that the chinese people used shields as seperate armanments...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:19 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

i cant get you any pics if thats what you want

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:21 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

why not? after all historical websites like that should be fairly easy to find...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:22 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

i cant at the moment
BTW why cant you look then

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:25 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

because im not the one that insists that your right...you defend your views fool!

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:26 PM
Fearnix
Piggy

i am not gonna defend some thing thats true it just proves you wrong
BTW why would i make some thing like that up????

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:34 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

i dont ever remember saying that you "made it up"

and it seems that we both believe our arguments are true...so it seems that one of us is going to actually have to search for a credible website that proves the other person wrong...ill be waiting...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:37 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

another thing i couldnt help but notice is that the hero is a person"with no name" is QT taking another page out of western cinema?

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:39 PM
Fearnix
Piggy

cant we just call it a truce we are not gonna agree are we..

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:46 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

no not really unless facts are found...i would but itll take some time...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:58 PM
Fearnix
Piggy

i cant get any info but if you could find it,it would be so much easyer

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 09:03 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

right...now what about my other question?

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 09:07 PM
Fearnix
Piggy

what do you mean??

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 09:49 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
another thing i couldnt help but notice is that the hero is a person"with no name" is QT taking another page out of western cinema?

^ that one...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Aug 5th, 2004 10:30 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
so it seems that one of us is going to actually have to search for a credible website that proves the other person wrong...ill be waiting...

In Wu Shu, the shield is one of the 18 military weapons, falling under the short weapons. This stemming from a little thing called the Song Dynasty? Maybe you've heard of it?

Anycrap, shields were being used by the Yamato as far back as 297 A.D. and here's your proof, so you can relax..

Samurai-Archives.com

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 05:20 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
In Wu Shu, the shield is one of the 18 military weapons, falling under the short weapons. This stemming from a little thing called the Song Dynasty? Maybe you've heard of it?

Anycrap, shields were being used by the Yamato as far back as 297 A.D. and here's your proof, so you can relax..

Samurai-Archives.com

thanx man i owe you

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 07:34 AM
elvish_child

Hero

OMG that looks so good with jet li . its a quentin tarantino film.

omg its so good i haven't seen it but really good all because of je tli awsome actor

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 06:17 AM
elvish_child is currently offline Click here to Send elvish_child a Private Message Find more posts by elvish_child Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theyungjai

it is a good movie, but quentin tarantino didnt direct it if thats wut u meant by "its a quentin tarantino" film. Although the commercials say that it was "Directed by Quentin Tarantino", I think that it's just a marketing scheme, cuz it should really say "Presented by Quentin Tarantino". From what i understand, he payed for the distribution of the movie into theaters of english speaking countries because he really liked the film.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 04:28 PM
theyungjai is currently offline Click here to Send theyungjai a Private Message Find more posts by theyungjai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theyungjai

quote:

QT didn't direct it, so hes not adding any western influence into it. To answer your question I would have to spoil most of the main storyline for you, including the ending.

I suspect that HERO will be presented just like CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON: in it's original undubbed mandarin version with english subtitles. If you really cant wait to see it, all you have to do is mosy on down to your local Chinese Video store (if you have Chinatowns in your area, you should start there) and pick up HERO for 5$ to 10$ a pop depending on if u want the DVD or VCD. Make sure to ask if they have english subtitles tho

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 04:50 PM
theyungjai is currently offline Click here to Send theyungjai a Private Message Find more posts by theyungjai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

Hero is sooooo much better than CTHD.
BTW QT has not got the skill to direct something like Hero

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 06:36 PM