KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Garfield - The Movie

Why wont Garfield live up the the comic strip?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Garfield is CGI in a live action movie 11 35.48%
Garfield is protrayed incorrectly 12 38.71%
It has Jennifer Love Hewitt 6 19.35%
Or iyou think t will live up to the comic strip 2 6.45%
Total: 31 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Garfield - The Movie
Started by: Mitsubishi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Garfield-May 14, 2004

This live-action film version of the Jim Davis comic strip will feature a CGI main character and Breckin Meyer as Jon Arbuckle, Garfield's owner. Jennifer Love Hewitt will play Arbuckle's love interest, and the plot will emphasize the interactions between Garfield and Odie.

Also starring: Bill Murray(voice-Garfield), Debra Messing(voice-Arlene), Nick Cannon(voice-mouse)

Property of Movies.com

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 09:14 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

This movie will probably spark a new sensation....the comic strip movies. Keep an eye out for Calvin and Hobbes big grin

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 04:15 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I don't know about that. I love Garfield, my favorite comic strip ever, but making a movie like that may be just as lame as Scooby Doo.

Does anyone think they should've made this movie like Looney Toons rather than like Scooby Doo?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 10:41 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

The Looney Tunes way would have been cool, yeah. The CGI character doesn't look much like Garfield

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 03:05 AM
fini
Hurricane stalker

as i said time and time before..............NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO why do these jackasses in hollywood keep making our Beloved Classic cartoons into live action........are they braindead or just smoking to much crack?

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 11:59 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

should be interesting......and interesting don't always mean good

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 08:17 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

unfortunately

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 09:15 PM
Julie
The Student

I think it looks interesting......and I maintain wary view of it

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 04:19 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I'm interestes, yet skeptical, as well. This being my favorite comic strip (next ot Calvin & Hobbes and Dilbert), so obviously i'm going to have high standards. I just hope they don't ruin the whole comic *fingers crossed*

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 05:25 AM
gregmss
We Can Do It

jeniferlove hewit is playing liz the vet

We're Bialystock and Bloom

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 03:26 PM
gregmss is currently offline Click here to Send gregmss a Private Message Find more posts by gregmss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

If Odie gets a lot of scenes I might like the movie (I'm an Odie fan)

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 03:56 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I see.....odie's ok
Garfield's so cynical.....that's what makes him funny.....lazyness and cynicism

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 06:46 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

His unending boredom is also funny laughing

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 09:22 PM
Mr Parker

Yeah I saw the trailer for it not too long ago and it actually looked pretty good.But I think they should make a cartoon movie out of it first.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 10:58 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I like Odie he is such dumb-loveable dog. Is so funny when Garfield kicks him off the table all the time laughing out loud

I wonder if these characters will be in the movie? Penelope (Garfield's girlfriend) Nermal (That cuttest kitten in the whole world according to himself) Binky the clown (the loudest clown in the world) and of course Pooky.

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Dec 17th, 2003 at 01:18 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 01:09 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

LIVE ACTION??! oh dear oh dear no

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 01:18 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by SilverFighter
I wonder if these characters will be in the movie? Penelope (Garfield's girlfriend) Nermal (That cuttest kitten in the whole world according to himself) Binky the clown (the loudest clown in the world) and of course Pooky.
Garfield's girlfriend is Arlene, not Penelope, and will be voiced by Debra Messing. Nermal is indeed in the movie, and is voiced by David Eigenberg. Nothing on Pooky, but it's likely he appears

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 05:43 AM
chez
Corporal-Captain

Hope this movie is good. I never bothered seeing Scooby Doo, because it looked as dodgy as people said it was. I love Garfield, too, and think Bill Murray could pull off the role [voice, of course]... But it all depends on the script. Hmm. confused

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 06:52 AM
chez is currently offline Click here to Send chez a Private Message Find more posts by chez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Yeah, Bill Murray Bill Murrray!

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 07:46 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zinh

From the quicktime trailer odie is not cg making garfied look kinda well fake stick out tongue Not that hes supposed to be real but garfield looks just like scooby did in scooby doo = bad.

Last edited by zinh on Dec 17th, 2003 at 10:02 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 09:59 AM
zinh is currently offline Click here to Send zinh a Private Message Find more posts by zinh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote