KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Will Live Action Anime movies ever survive?

Should Animes be put into the big screens
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 14 63.64%
No 8 36.36%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Will Live Action Anime movies ever survive?
Started by: Drifter101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

Yeah, but if they put anime on the big screen, it will start to become more mainstream...which'll mean more crappy dubs and more people only thinking that it's Dragonball Z and hentai.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 11:50 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

yea crappy dubbin so no anime on big screen at all how bout the film industry leave the classics untouched, they have ruined many things in the past please dont make anime one of their victims

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 01:21 AM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batchoy

There have been some movies that use anime action in their story (like Vocano High and The Matrix Trilogy) but it would be very difficult for a live action anime movie to really make it on the big screen. It would be more of a regional thing (Japan has done some live action anime movies, but none have reached US shores).
Although the one anime that could possibly break into mainstream US movies could be a Ninja Scroll movie. I'm basing this on the popularity of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and The Matrix movies. Ninja Scroll's timeline closely resembles CT,HD and the effects inThe Matrix movies would go great with the over the top characters of NS.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 05:17 PM
Batchoy is currently offline Click here to Send Batchoy a Private Message Find more posts by Batchoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

the last two matrix sucked, too exagerated it was a great fight but..... just didnt look right for the big screen, volcano high, was okay for tv, still kinda corny, anime for live action just doesnt work

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 05:52 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jace_Rave
Jace ofthe vermillion sun

there was a big 15 minute section in Kill Bill that was anime. I think Kill Bill was received pretty well, so whoever saw it might have gotten interested a little in anime, realizing it isn't just kid stuff and hentai

I feel like the dusk. Growing closer and closer to darkness. But still clinging to what little light is left. Even though it will inevitably fade.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 10:39 PM
Jace_Rave is currently offline Click here to Send Jace_Rave a Private Message Find more posts by Jace_Rave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

yea anime should stay anime not live action, alot of great anime is fantasy type anime there are realistic animes, but there are more fantasy, the fantasy and exaggeration of it is just too much for live action

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 12:24 AM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

it just doesnt feel the same way as the toons

Old Post May 4th, 2004 06:29 PM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

quote:
Originally posted by Jace_Rave
I think they should put anime on the big screen. Not as live action though, as anime. Pokemon has plent of them, even though they're for littler kids. They should try putting something like Ghost in the Shell, or X in theatres. We won't really know untill they try.

They have, and did okay. They showed them in selected theatres to test out the audience. They do that now to see if an anime is good enough to stand to an North American audience. However, and take it from me, we Canadian's are hog wild about anime. We can't get enough!

As for NA toons standing up against anime...not a chance! Take Teen Titans for example. It was created, drawn and mixed in NA, but it has a distinctive Japanese anime look and the theme song is in Japanese. Teen Titans is so huge because of it!!!

Last edited by Reborn Again on May 4th, 2004 at 08:00 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2004 07:58 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

just what i am saying is that a majority of anime in live action just suck

Old Post May 6th, 2004 05:52 PM
Mystic_Gohan
Slayer of GOD

quote:
Originally posted by Jace_Rave
there was a big 15 minute section in Kill Bill that was anime. I think Kill Bill was received pretty well, so whoever saw it might have gotten interested a little in anime, realizing it isn't just kid stuff and hentai
LOL There are other different kinds of anime Not just kid's stuff and hentai : !

Old Post May 6th, 2004 09:49 PM
Mystic_Gohan is currently offline Click here to Send Mystic_Gohan a Private Message Find more posts by Mystic_Gohan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mystic_Gohan
Slayer of GOD

I highly recomend all of u to seen Evangelion!And after that will never underestimate a true anime!

Old Post May 6th, 2004 09:50 PM
Mystic_Gohan is currently offline Click here to Send Mystic_Gohan a Private Message Find more posts by Mystic_Gohan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

yes i do hope it is a triumph for anime, but as i said earlier, much anime is not designed for live action, some is but the majority is not

Old Post May 9th, 2004 12:15 PM
mary jane

here in austin they show anime in theaters all the time normaly when they are released on dvd like isaw x in theaters as well as tokyo godfathers

Old Post May 9th, 2004 07:49 PM
mary jane is currently offline Click here to Send mary jane a Private Message Find more posts by mary jane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

what i mean is live action films such as some anime w/ real people in many cases it just seems too wierd, odd and flimsy. i dont think live action should be made, real anime movies when its anime is okay

Old Post May 10th, 2004 05:56 PM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

live action just doesnt work

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 02:30 PM
Jace_Rave
Jace ofthe vermillion sun

the made a gundam movie that way (in Japan)...Gundam Saviour. Well, if companies ever do put out an anime for the screens (for release in all of the USA, and it's not a kids) they would realy have to step up everything. It would suck if someone went to see it, and it was there first anime ever, and the dubbing was crap. Some studios should get together and put one out.

I feel like the dusk. Growing closer and closer to darkness. But still clinging to what little light is left. Even though it will inevitably fade.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 01:18 PM
Jace_Rave is currently offline Click here to Send Jace_Rave a Private Message Find more posts by Jace_Rave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Van Helsing is NOT based on the anime Hellsing. dont you people ever read? Van Helsing is the vampire hunter from Dracula. though they f*cked up the movie badly

Old Post May 24th, 2004 02:17 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

yea i remember doctor van helsing from Bram Stolkers Dracula, but i also believe they took aspects of him from the anime too, but i am sure the one from bram stolkers dracula is the base of the character.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 10:31 PM
SeptemberRain
Killer

The anime sceen in KIll Bill 1 was really good!

Pretty girls make graves

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 12:22 AM
SeptemberRain is currently offline Click here to Send SeptemberRain a Private Message Find more posts by SeptemberRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

i know that anime as anime on the big screen would work what i mean is anime turned to live action is what would suck.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 05:40 PM