KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » The Hobbit

The Hobbit
Started by: DanieLs_4_Ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Cool The Hobbit

I havent got through all of the book yet, but so far its great. I get all of the dwarves mixed up *stupid me* cause its like dwalin,balin,oin,gloin, etc.. and i keep getting them all mixed up cause they are all alike. But anywho, the book's great, and i finally figured out who Tom Bombadil is..everyone was talking about him and im like,...who in the heck is that..But Tom is funny and i like his line "Booby Yerself!" Lol . Any comments?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 09:26 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

i haven't read the hobbit in ages..I think it's time for me to read it again

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 09:11 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

OOh!! Tell me AS SOON AS you've finished, I love Tolkein! Then you have to read LotR, and Harry Potter, and come to our forums and...

*is gagged and bound*

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 09:28 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

EGADS phoe, how can you mention Harry potter in the same breath as LOTR??

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 10:11 AM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nazgul09
witch king of angmar

gollum rules! cool cool

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 03:20 PM
nazgul09 is currently offline Click here to Send nazgul09 a Private Message Find more posts by nazgul09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nazgul09
witch king of angmar

smile

Attachment: gollumgollum.jpg
This has been downloaded 101 time(s).

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 03:34 PM
nazgul09 is currently offline Click here to Send nazgul09 a Private Message Find more posts by nazgul09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by Corran
EGADS phoe, how can you mention Harry potter in the same breath as LOTR??

happily... big grin

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 10:17 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Im a gollum/smeagol impersonator. I do the voices.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 10:25 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I did that once and made my friend scream... big grin

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 10:29 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

eek!

That's the book I'm reading right now (I first read it when I was 16) and I love it!!!!!!! This is the book that made me a fan of Bilbo!!! Right now I'm in Chapter 10!!!! Bilbo and Thorin plus the other dwarf excape the wooden elves prison by hidden themselves in the barrels!!!

My favorite part of the book is when Bilbo encounters Gollum in the riddles in the dark!!! I love this book with a passion it is so wonderful!!!!
BILBO ROCKS!!!!....................and Gandalf too of course big grin

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 10:45 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

I read more today, it keeps gettin better. "Booby Yerself!" I read that Tom Bombadil comment yesterday Lmao its funny.
Yes, when i do the Gollum impressions My friends look at me like im a moron, and my parents just laugh. But when im on yahoo LOTR chat, they love it and say i sound just like him. One of my friends said his mom came in the room when i was talkin on the mic and said that she thought he was talking to andy serkis LMAO. big grin

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 10:58 PM
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

I read that book in December, my Husband had gotten me it for an early Xmas gift! I had read it back in grade school which was ages ago and I love it again!!!

Yes the part with Gollum and the Riddles. His evilness REALLY shows in the hobbit........ he doesn't hide it.

And also all the dwarves showing up at Bilbo's. The first chapter was the hardest chapter to get through..but once you look back its really quite funny!

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 10:20 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Cool. Havent got much farther in the book today :/ might read some more of it tonight though

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 09:50 PM
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

Is the book " the hobbit " related somehow with the lord of the rings (I mean part of that book) or is completelly different book ?

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 01:54 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Yes, well i think its very related to the book..cause its about Bilbo, before the LOTR books came out. And its about his journeys, and him finding the ring.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 02:28 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I finish the book last monday, and I just love it. big grin

The last chapters with the battles between Goblins, Elves, Dwarfs, and The Eagles was just captivating. Bilbo reminded me of Pippin when he said "The eagles are coming".

What made me sad was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Bilbo says good bye to Thorin in his deathbed, then Bilbo starts to cry

I suggest that this is a book that everyone that loves literature must read. It was delightful to read this book again. Now more than ever I really would like to see PJ make a hobbit movie. With a little bit of faith and luck he might do it.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 07:06 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Well to tell you the truth, im not a reader atall!! But LOTR books, or anything related to that, it catches my attention, and i LOVE IT.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 01:22 AM
Im_Fuzzy
AKA: Tim_Fuzzy

great book thumb up LOTR got a little boring sleep

"NOW YOU'LL SEE HOW REAL VAMPIRES DO BATTLE!" Alucard from Hellsing

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 02:12 AM
Im_Fuzzy is currently offline Click here to Send Im_Fuzzy a Private Message Find more posts by Im_Fuzzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by Unicor777
Is the book " the hobbit " related somehow with the lord of the rings (I mean part of that book) or is completelly different book ?

you remember Bilbo writing a book called "there and back again" or something like that, right?
well, that's The Hobbit smile

and yes, it's very related to LOTR... remember the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: eagles at the end of ROTK? well, they also appear in the hobbit

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 10:17 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Im_Fuzzy
AKA: Tim_Fuzzy

yeah on the tittle page it says "the hobbit or there and back again"

"NOW YOU'LL SEE HOW REAL VAMPIRES DO BATTLE!" Alucard from Hellsing

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 12:41 AM
Im_Fuzzy is currently offline Click here to Send Im_Fuzzy a Private Message Find more posts by Im_Fuzzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote