KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » The Hobbit

The Hobbit
Started by: DanieLs_4_Ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

smile This book keeps gettin better. Im where they are leaving Beorn's and they are venturing off into the woods

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 01:45 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@F1
Tomato Crisps

Im upto the part where there just about to enter Mirkwood, Gandalph has turned back, but im sure we'll see him again, its quite captivating.

I read LOTR a few year back, so interesting to read about things here that are going to happen. Its very connected to the LOTR.

I have feeling theres going to be a huge battle near the end.
I like the part when Gandalf signal to the Dwarves to come in 2 by 2,
as he is telling beorn his story, and the story on how Golf was invented.

This gong to make a great movie. I do

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 07:31 PM
@F1 is currently offline Click here to Send @F1 a Private Message Find more posts by @F1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

I liked that part, I finished the book last Friday and loved it and i think im ready to read it again before long.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 09:46 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

I've read the Hobbit at least once a year ever since I was seven... Its an excellent book... but I think some of you are a little confused... Tom in The Hobbit is a Troll, and is no relation to Tom Bombadil (the possible Maiar/Valar/Nature Spirit/who knows what) in LOTR... great book though...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2004 11:31 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

Ah the Hobit I think is the first book I fell in love with 20 odd years on I can still read it as if if the first time! (and no its not because I have the memory of goldfish... wink

Old Post Mar 25th, 2004 11:45 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

;lol

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 12:00 AM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Unfourtunetly everyone should read the Hobbit before the LOTR it is just a great book. Can't explain it truely, can't imagine why its not introduced into the school system.... for children, the make'em read assops fables for heavens sake....

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 03:36 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Its in our school. Yes, definatley read it before reading the other triogy books, or watching the movie. Cause just like in the mines of moria i had no idea what the crap was on when Gimli ran up to Balin's tomb.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 03:29 PM
BartmanX
I'm a wanna be Balla.

The Hobbit is an AWSOME book!

Thanks Piggle_Humsy for the sig!

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 02:49 AM
BartmanX is currently offline Click here to Send BartmanX a Private Message Find more posts by BartmanX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

when i was little, i was always watching the movie(they made an animated version a few years ago) and i loved it, so when i got older, i read the book

Old Post Feb 1st, 2006 04:29 AM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digital Angel
Give me my sin again

i havent read the book in years but it IS amazing so are LOTR

which version do you have? because tolkein worte two. the orginal one, where gollum was actually kinda nice n then after lotr he realised that gollum needed to be portrayed as more evil and so rewrote his part in the hobbit to make him seem more evil. i think i read the "evil" version, and i expect you are too cuz only the really old copies have the oroginal story.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2006 10:42 AM
Digital Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Digital Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Digital Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

yeah, i think i read the "evil" version, because the cover looks very new

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 12:15 AM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striding Cloud

I'm still reading it, right now i'm on the part were bilbo is in the smauth's den.

One Missed Call!

Thnx Malk! big grin

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 06:25 PM
Striding Cloud is currently offline Click here to Send Striding Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Striding Cloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

the hobbit was the first proper ' book ' i ever read but i havent read it in ages sad

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 08:05 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mud_blood_princ

i read the hobbit in like 6th grade, I think they r making a movie this year

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 10:13 PM
mud_blood_princ is currently offline Click here to Send mud_blood_princ a Private Message Find more posts by mud_blood_princ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Neato, I had no idea people were still chatting away in my Hobbit book thread!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 12:07 AM
The_Khan

I used to hate books until I was 12 and my little brother got me The Hobbit for Christmas, and after I read it I was hooked into fantasy books and now because of that book, years later I am adapting works from Robert Jordan, George R.R. Martin, Orson Scott Card, Raymond E. Feist Tad Williams, and the list goes on and on. All because of the Hobbit smile

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 04:40 PM
The_Khan is currently offline Click here to Send The_Khan a Private Message Find more posts by The_Khan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curtmister

i read the one that harper collins published im on page 31 of lord of the ring:fotr

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 06:30 PM
curtmister is currently offline Click here to Send curtmister a Private Message Find more posts by curtmister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

once again, Curtmister- you are very helpful

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 11:24 PM
The Rover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pirate_Girly
I havent got through all of the book yet, but so far its great. I get all of the dwarves mixed up *stupid me* cause its like dwalin,balin,oin,gloin, etc.. and i keep getting them all mixed up cause they are all alike...

Damn Tolkien and his Eddaic-named Dwarves! stick out tongue

[Technically speaking, the Dwarves names were derived from an Old Norse poem, and should be spelt: Ţórin(n); Eikinskjaldi; Dvalin(n), etc. It may also be prudent of me to mention that the name Gandalf came from the Old Norse name Gandálfr, and that he was originally envisioned as the leader of the Dwarves.]

Addendum

The Hobbit, or There and Back Again, is to be thought of as Bilbo's Memoir. Later, Frodo compiled his story into the same book, and entitled it The Lord of the Rings. Together, (and with some other materials added later), this collection was bound together and called the Red Book of Westmarch, because it came under the possession of one of Samwise's daughters, (who married Peregrin's son), and lived in the West Farthing. Samwise was the person who finished writing the last few chapters of the book. After many happy years, he ventured into the West as had Frodo and the others years before, the last of the Ring-bearers.

Last edited by The Rover on Apr 2nd, 2006 at 12:17 AM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 12:09 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote