KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Will sony use up spiderman till its dull and dry?

Will spiderman ever become dull?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
yes the sequel will eventually kill the movie 6 33.33%
no all sequels will be awesome 7 38.89%
maybe it will maybe not 5 27.78%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Will sony use up spiderman till its dull and dry?
Started by: Drifter101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

Will sony use up spiderman till its dull and dry?

in the past great films have been followed by decent sequels but after round the second film the films get repetitive and distastful.

this happening to numerous franchises such as the superman movies batman movies and police academy

the question is will sony do spiderman to death, will the sequels to come be a corny view of the web slinger?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 09:17 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Sequels will only get better, as they stray away from the romance, and delve deeper into the comic book.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 11:57 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Like the Batman and Supeman franchises got better?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 12:06 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I didn't like Superman to begin with. Batman fell flat after Tim Burton stopped directing them, and if Sam Raimi stays in the chair, I don't see any problems.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 02:36 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Moving to Spider-man forum.
Moving--moved

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 06:55 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

the first one was dull and dry

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 07:31 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

You got that right Electric Bugaloo,so was the first batman movie.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 09:25 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

1st batman movie was not flat the last two were the worst comic films ever not Tim Burtons the last two were so bad that i saw the animated film of batman were better than the last two

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 10:57 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

As far as I'm concerned, Mask of the Phantasm (the animated film I assume that you're referring to) was better than all of them. But that's getting off topic.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 11:11 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

that it is but there were people refering to batman films so i chose to reply them

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 11:20 PM
Zephonim

The sequals will only get better. Look at how much deeper and into the story the second one is getting. The only problem I see is if Sam left. Loosing the other characters will be necessaryt, Tobey and Kirsten are just gonna get too old to play their characters, but if they keep the same director the movies should at least stay on the same great level. Also, it's not like they could run out of villans.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 04:57 AM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

hopefully ur right and hopefully unlike in the batman films they dont show batman being some public attraction and all are happy joyfull hes here, hope he still has some run ins w/ the law and public that would help. i just hope they dont turn into batman forevers and batman and robins where the super hero is the cornyest thing

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 09:52 PM
Beyond Image
RE SOCK the UNITY

jarassic park( i don't know how to spell, no spell check), matrix, pre-quels for S.W., all have a good story, but after the first one, all seemed to fall in on itself..less box-office $, less movies to see. wish for the best for this next spider-movie. the better the movie, better reviews...green light the next one. one at a time.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 01:01 PM
Beyond Image is currently offline Click here to Send Beyond Image a Private Message Find more posts by Beyond Image Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

thats pretty much how hollywood is"oh i guess all movies now suck huh, hey lets make a sequel out of that great super hero movie that made half a billion dollars." and usually the plot is horrible when studios main focus is $$$

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 09:31 PM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

thats wha prob will happen to spiderman

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 10:25 PM
Zephonim

I don't know. The sequal looks amazing, and it sounds like Sam Raimi truly loves that character and wants to keep the stories interesting and emotional. I think as long as Sony keeps him at the helm (which they are for at least one more movie) we won't have anything to worry about.

Old Post May 1st, 2004 04:09 AM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Indeed, the next Spider-Man movie looks promising, just like the first one did. I hope it won't be a disappointment, but I'm pretty confident that Raimi can do the job: he's no overrated director like George Lucas but a talented and sometimes highly original director. And Octopus looks very cool and menacing.

Go Raimi go, and don't let us down. And ignore most of the criticism, because they're wrong or farfetched. But please fire that guy who plays Harry Osborn (don't remember his name and don't want to remember it).

Old Post May 1st, 2004 04:56 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Nope. Sam Raimi wouldn't be into that idea. I believe the 4th is supposed to be the last one. I mean atmost 5.

Old Post May 1st, 2004 11:50 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

They have a schedule and contracts drawn up for six movies. There will be at least 6.

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 01:07 AM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

i dont mean Spiderman 2 is gonna suck i mean spidermans to come im saying its gonna lag when it comes to film 4 or 5 just like the supermans and batman films, i hope they dont, but im sure they will

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 01:18 AM