KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » You Can't Spell Crap Without Rap!

You Can't Spell Crap Without Rap!
Started by: DemonicSlayer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 8 9 [10]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

well, the OP tried to pull some superiority crap when it comes down to taste (or lack there of).

im just saying that the stuff anti rap/hip-hop people say is the problem with the genre is just a popular sub-genre that took over, but at the same time there is a thing called artistic license and hip-hop has storytelling in ti, it just so happens that a lot of the stories are devoted to street violence, but like i posted above there is skill involved to make an emotional connection.

metal and hip-hop have the same roots in music anyway

^ it's the story that he can make you visualize = skill

Last edited by psycho gundam on Apr 10th, 2012 at 05:17 AM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 05:10 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I disagree with the OP (As well as the thread in general). But countering stupidity with stupidity is stupid.

And... He hasn't posted for years regardless.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 05:42 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

i don't think one can really compare hip hop with metal. i actually don't listen to metal but i do like hip hop and certain types of jazz. but i'd never try to compare a love supreme to 36 chambers. i might actually like them equally, or i might prefer one over the other, it's really hard to say. but i couldn't even begin to weigh them against eachother in terms of quality. i wouldn't know what standard to use. i definitely think it takes more talent to play jazz music. but that doesn't necessarily make it better music. the two artforms fill completely different niches to me. it's like asking which tool is more useful; a hammer or a screwdriver.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 04:31 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote