KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » You Can't Spell Crap Without Rap!

You Can't Spell Crap Without Rap!
Started by: DemonicSlayer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

[Edit]

im trying not to get pissed laughing out loud

*eye twitchs*

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 07:31 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

you just posted 3 times in a row.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 07:59 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
madsci
beats beats beats

myth> first, by making those comments, regardless if you meant them or not, you label yourself as a racist. second, even if the ignorent individual you were "conversing" with is a racist, don't answer racism with racism. that is simply inane and idiotic. finally, we members are all that much more stupid by you posting your moronic comments. i personally would like to thank you for serving as a living example of ineptitude and lack of intelligence, and showing the world, and this forum, that you are the type of person who should never be allowed to use the internet to spread your putrid, vomitous, bile of irrational thought.

again, thank you.

madsci
hip hop purist

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 09:06 PM
madsci is currently offline Click here to Send madsci a Private Message Find more posts by madsci Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

madsci, i liked my response better...

jk, well put

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 09:12 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

madsci good job. but i edited what i said cuz it was similar to u but alot more cussing laughing out loud

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 09:13 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by madsci
myth> first, by making those comments, regardless if you meant them or not, you label yourself as a racist. second, even if the ignorent individual you were "conversing" with is a racist, don't answer racism with racism. that is simply inane and idiotic. finally, we members are all that much more stupid by you posting your moronic comments. i personally would like to thank you for serving as a living example of ineptitude and lack of intelligence, and showing the world, and this forum, that you are the type of person who should never be allowed to use the internet to spread your putrid, vomitous, bile of irrational thought.

again, thank you.

madsci
hip hop purist

Well whatever. I was pissed at the guy and I said it so there is no taking that back now. I prefer to think of it as I was calling him primative. I actually have no problem with other races and I apologize to anybody I have offended.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2004 10:43 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D00m
Smackrobiotic

Some people are idiots...I'm glad we have Madsci and Hockey to let people know how ignorant they are.Just because they haven't heard good hip-hop, doesn't mean it does not exist.I suggest you stop listening to the radio and stop watching music videos.

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Apr 24th, 2004 09:50 PM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

agree

GREAT AVATAR D00m

how the hell do you find that pic??????

Old Post Apr 24th, 2004 09:53 PM
amity75

I'm not a huge rap fan but you can't knock it. If its done well then it's faultless. Every genre of music has its shite bands. Rock music has Warrant for example. Rap should be listened to very carefully coz theres a lot of sense in there and it's important stuff.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 12:05 AM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Re: You Can't Spell Crap Without Rap!

quote:
Originally posted by DemonicSlayer
Does anyone even wanna hear rap music anymore? Its all about sex and drugs. At least metal is more interesting. I'm sick of hearing about rappers smoking up blunts and having sex with every ho. Like anyone cares! miffed

wtf Rap is awesome....Eminem, 50 Cent, Dr. Dre. If you hate them I don't know what drug you've been on maybe PCP....

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 12:26 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by amity75
I'm not a huge rap fan but you can't knock it. If its done well then it's faultless. Every genre of music has its shite bands. Rock music has Warrant for example. Rap should be listened to very carefully coz theres a lot of sense in there and it's important stuff.

Exactly what I'm trying to get too.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 12:27 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Solo- The 3 rappers you mentioned are...CRAP!!!

Eminem, 50 cent and Dre are crap. Literally.

everyone that wants a GOOD taste of the hip hop culture, go to the hip hop thread in the music forum.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 12:34 AM
Ronny
Love is Blindness

quote:
Does anyone even wanna hear rap music anymore? Its all about sex and drugs. At least metal is more interesting. I'm sick of hearing about rappers smoking up blunts and having sex with every ho. Like anyone cares! miffed
i love you
wait ru a boy or a girl

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 01:04 AM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

pay attention to the entire THREAD!! Black Onyx

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 01:43 AM
Ronny
Love is Blindness

im sorry

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 01:48 AM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

smile

dont have to be

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 01:49 AM
Ronny
Love is Blindness

quote:
Originally posted by Myth
I hate rap and I hate the way rap lovers defend rap (most of the time). On a track trip I made a comment about the rap song to a friend and this other guy got all defensive. I said, "I hate this rap, all they are doing is throwing together whatever words rhyme together in a phrase." Btw: The song is all about where the guy would have sex with this girl and was as simple as saying rhymes such as "in a jicuzzi, in the back of a movie,"... etc. The guy turned around in the van and said, "Actually if you listen, they are actually saying words." I was like "No shit? I realized they were words (dumb ass is what I wanted to say), I'm just saying that they are taking any two words that rhyme and throwing them together." Then he said, "Actually there is meaning to this song." Again, I said, "Really? The one about how he wants to have sex with the girl and would do it anywhere? Thats a pretty weak meaning. It doesn't go in depth at all." This time his response was, "Us black people get a little something... its called pussy." I told him I was unaware that white people were asexual sense we apparently reproduce without getting "pussy." He then said that the population of white people is decreasing because they can't get pussy while black people do so their population is increasing. Now, I'm not racist, but I used racist back sense he started the racial attacks and I said, "Actually dumb ass, the population of whites is increasing but just not at as fast of a rate as black people. Thats because black people are primative beings and primative beings have to reproduce as much as possible to survive." I wanted to kill that son of a *****. BTW: I don't really mean that statement, I just used it as a verbal attack against an *******.

wow myth *trying to hold back emmotions*

RAP SUCKS the old stuff was soso now its all full of bullshit whore ****ers

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 01:50 AM
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by total metalhead
Oh for the love of god not another 'lets all trash rap' thread.

I'm sure that soon enough you will meet a certain member called hockeyhorror, and I'm pretty sure he will advise you to listen to some underground hip hop before you make any judgements on a genre you have only experienced on a mainstream level.

I listen to some hip hop, and even though I have a limited knowledge of it compared to some people on the forum, I'm pretty sure I can tell quality hip hop from shitty gangsta rap (which is what your describing).

yes well said yes

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 02:06 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:

WRONG

Alias "divine disappointment"

my frustration aimed at what i created has me feeling discombobulated.
i hated the boredom, so i reinstated entertainment
for my well-being, now i'm seeing i made the wrong decision.
my project had appeared easy but had no direction and precision.
beginner's luck,
only up to recent times do i feel stuck.
i'm the only one to blame for things that ran amuck. i built up,
a universe that is now building me, you see
technological advancement is the creater now, and all things to be decided,
will have not even once touched my hands.
my quote unquote followers still constantly fill the stands,
on the so-called sabbath day, for years it's been this way,
but these people can't figure out,
whether it's the first or last day to pray.
they seem to think that i'm forgiving of all,
which means they have a scapegoat, if they happen to drop the ball.
i've been coined with various names, none of which to me are flattering.
they look to me for a guidance, but to me they do not matter in my eyes.
there's nothing i can do to help this situation,
when they have internal conflicts with their whole congregation.
they gather every week and speak of me in song,
these beings i created in this project gone terribly wrong.

chorus:
you all claim that you know me,
but you really don't, ever forgiving
you say of me, in reality, i really won't.
from the day i gave you life to your last annointment.
you have all been nothing but divine disappointment.

so now i'm stuck to figure out what i should do at this point and time.
these creatures think that there's an afterlife,
so they spend their life benign. they killed another creature years ago
that claimed to be my son, so now they mold their lives
after him and claim that he's the one.
the one that will save them, lead them to a new breath.
i hate to break it to them, "i have nothing for you after death."
so carry on if you wish unknowing, thinking breath is wind blowing,
magnifying light bulb is the sun, and tears of rivers flowing.
think that every bad thing that happens to you is at my will,
like bankrupcy, adultery, and the reason why others kill.
go on to be mislead as you have your entire life,
think that i'll somehow reward you for all your pain and strife.
i can't control destiny, where'd you come up with that notion?
there's no cure for aids, so don't even bother with that potion.
i didn't create the disease to punish others,
i didn't even make it, so if you have that frame of mind
you go ahead and break it.
i'm sick and tired of feeling responsiblity for all of you ungratefuls,
unwilling to share with the starving while you enjoy all of your platefuls.
even if i had the power to help you, i wouldn't even bother.
so stop thinking that i love you and stop calling me your father.
i didn't plan on you evolving into this mess with which i deal.
asking for my forgiveness when you lie, cheat, and steal.
what the hell do you want me to do? try and save yourself.
i can't help your marriage, chlldren, or status of health.
my problem's far away any of your so-called devastations,
like this oncoming war between the so-called united nations.
i regret making all of you, you make my blood pressure climb.
i wish i didn't make you but even i couldn't turn back the hands of time.

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 02:55 AM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D00m
Smackrobiotic

Sage Francis "Broken Wings"

she's a fairy with broken wings. i used to go watch her perform,
and if she hears me, i hope she sings the songs,
that had me goin' right back...couldn't find anyone in town to talk,
about how no one like that...should be confined to the ground we walk.

she glides...so much it seems like she floats and these folks,
decide...to crush her wings until they're permanently broke.
she'd ride...gusts of wind just by the way she spoke.
she cries...but loves to sing songs of freedom and hope.
on the east side...hustling, discussing things that we quote,
in shallow conversations as if we have deep throats.
we choke on our confusion, not sure if it's a heat stroke or if we need coats,
trading in our cheap jokes for c-notes.
i see notes being passed, i ask to see what these creeps wrote,
to find silly kids had flying privileges revoked.
ski slopes have been blocked off...they can't chance it.
had weights tied to her ankles, she most definitely can't skip
town. she's held down by the transcripts my hands grip.
i tried to tie her wings back on before they're once again clipped.
panic stricken...she'll remain stuck
on a titanic sinkin'...but she's tryin' to stay up.
change her plan, thinkin'..."it's okay." see this is strange but,
abraham lincoln freed the slaves in a way that kept them chained up.
i'd like to see her take flight into the stars,
instead of letting her fly free, they keep her in jars.
instead of letting 'em fly free, they keep 'em in jars.
i put my hands to the glass so hard that it might break the prison bars.
it isn't hard to see why they keep her captive,
she's naturally attractive, speaks with ad-libs, she's uncommonly talented.
ain't enough adjectives to do her disposition justice.
kids are wishin' for just a kiss and it's a mission to touch her lips.
they can't trust her with freedom of movement. that's a chance to lose her quick,
if she ups and splits, so you might as well call that discussion quits.
they have ways to keep her down. the government's underlings
enslave people in this town...especially if their culture's rich.
exploiting talents, making her do a bunch of tricks,
with the rest of the wingless imports, repeatedly told:
"you ain't a fairy, you just a *****!
with a butt that's thick...
so rub your ****...
and thrust your hips...
and suck my dick...
and run your shit...and run your shit...and run your shit..."

she's a fairy with broken wings, i used to go watch her perform,
and if she hears me, i hope she sings songs,
that had me goin' right back...couldn't find anyone in town to talk
about how no one like that...should be confined to the ground we walk.

when i was down in new york, she'd send me letters and i read her passages,
about how i left her to the savages.
no matter how sad that is, i didn't cry,
'cause it was only a matter of time before they'd figured me out and tried to strip my pride.
i knew the scoop...wish you could've seen the blueprints in my eye,
when i flew the coup, utilizing overground railroads in the sky.
it was live or die. let me let you in on this secret of mine,
me and you are different, girl...we don't even need wings to fly.

keep on singing. give it a try. give it a try.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 02:57 AM