KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » You Can't Spell Crap Without Rap!

You Can't Spell Crap Without Rap!
Started by: DemonicSlayer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
Originally posted by HockeyHorror
GREAT AVATAR D00m

how the hell do you find that pic??????

I have a lot of them.

Attachment: dooooom and lib.jpg
This has been downloaded 102 time(s).

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 03:00 AM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Black Onyx- i guess you were WRONG. same with myth. if u think those lyrics are bad then you're mentally stupid.

D00m- great pics man.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 03:18 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

oh god... This thread reminds me of a song..

"we do the same thing every night, I swear I've heard this song before" blink

They've changed something in the Matrix. I'm having a deja vu... blink

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 06:06 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OBloommyday
da stylist

rap is NOT crap! mad

is an artistic music! only that lame maitstreat hip hop is CRAP! hip hop is full of poetic lyrics and beats that make people want to hear more! hip hop is an art!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 06:19 AM
OBloommyday is currently offline Click here to Send OBloommyday a Private Message Find more posts by OBloommyday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by HockeyHorror
Black Onyx- i guess you were WRONG. same with myth. if u think those lyrics are bad then you're mentally stupid.

D00m- great pics man.

Obviously its not all bad. Generally though, their lyrics tend to be about drugs, violence and sex. Other than that, I still dislike the style whether the message is meaningful or not.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 04:50 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ninjamaster

REALLY??!!!

I suggest you move away from main stream commercial rap and listen to stuff from people like Mos Def ,The Roots, Dead Presidents, The Beatnuts, former Tribe Called Quest stuff, Outkast, the Wu-tang well their old stuff and other shit like that.
Don't judge the rap game on what see of it now believe me it's durable and has undergone a lot of changes. I started listening to rap like when I was 11 so I kinda know what I'm talking about.

This modern rap is just bloody pop and I'd encourage you not to categorize the rap-game on this shallow score.
Real hardcore rappers who're tru to the game like Mobb Deep don't just rap about forties and whatever it is you surmised.
I'm a big rap fan but I'll tell ya I do not fancy Jay Z or Ja Rule.
I'm for soldiers like Nas and others who take time to use their talents to expound truth gutter style unlike the many who just wanna talk crap cuz they seen the money.

Raps here to stay baby and I'm sorry to say since Nirvana they aint been any cool rock act!

Last edited by Ninjamaster on Apr 26th, 2004 at 04:07 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 03:54 PM
Ninjamaster is currently offline Click here to Send Ninjamaster a Private Message Find more posts by Ninjamaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Myth, you're just digging the hole deeper and deeper, showing your ignorance on the subject you are speaking on. While we have given you many artists who do not talk about
quote:
drugs, violence and sex
you keep ignoring this and going back to the same damned argument over and over. Even though we have proven this argument to be only viable to mainstream rap. You are just showing yourself to be, for lack of a better term, an idiot.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 07:26 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Myth you're not understanding. we are not talking about mainstream rap. if u want ill post lyrics of underground hip hop.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 07:28 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
Originally posted by Myth
Obviously its not all bad. Generally though, their lyrics tend to be about drugs, violence and sex. Other than that, I still dislike the style whether the message is meaningful or not.

Get ya lazy ass up from in front of the TV and get out more.It's obvious you watch too much TV.

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 09:19 PM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

You guys are really defensive aren't you (mainly you EB)? You don't need to attack the other person so harshly to get a point across. Try explaining your opinion more rationally rather than using your temper to guide your words. Anyway, I don't like the style of rap because it just doesn't appeal to me so I'm not going to start listening to underground rap. So therefore, yes, what I am talking about is mainly mainstream rap. And it is a stereotype because lots of rappers DO rap about that crap. You guys don't need to post more lyrics to prove to me that its not all bad because I've already stated that its not all bad. Personally, it just doesn't appeal to me.

BTW: I don't watch much TV. Its just that the rap that I hear is through other people so its the mainstream stuff.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 10:53 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by Ninjamaster
REALLY??!!!

I suggest you move away from main stream commercial rap and listen to stuff from people like Mos Def ,The Roots, Dead Presidents, The Beatnuts, former Tribe Called Quest stuff, Outkast, the Wu-tang well their old stuff and other shit like that.
Don't judge the rap game on what see of it now believe me it's durable and has undergone a lot of changes. I started listening to rap like when I was 11 so I kinda know what I'm talking about.

This modern rap is just bloody pop and I'd encourage you not to categorize the rap-game on this shallow score.
Real hardcore rappers who're tru to the game like Mobb Deep don't just rap about forties and whatever it is you surmised.
I'm a big rap fan but I'll tell ya I do not fancy Jay Z or Ja Rule.
I'm for soldiers like Nas and others who take time to use their talents to expound truth gutter style unlike the many who just wanna talk crap cuz they seen the money.

Raps here to stay baby and I'm sorry to say since Nirvana they aint been any cool rock act!

Excuse me, did you just insult Nirvana? You have moderately good taste in music as far as rap goes, but do NOT badmouth Nirvana. And I don't care how much you hate rock, both rock and rap are here to stay.

Other than that (and what you said about Nas... I don't like Nas..), I agree with you.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 11:00 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

He didn't badmouth Nirvana. He was saying that Nirvana was the last good band. Everything since is bad.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 11:07 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I don't think all that Gansta rap is all mainstream. All that bitches and ho's is BS! Also all that money talk is plain nonsense! But then again I don't listen to hip hop so I'll just read other people's comments.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 11:16 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

heh, sorry ninja. But I still have to disagree with you. There are plenty of good bands around, just not generally the ones they play on TV.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 11:17 PM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
You guys are really defensive aren't you (mainly you EB)? You don't need to attack the other person so harshly to get a point across. Try explaining your opinion more rationally rather than using your temper to guide your words. Anyway, I don't like the style of rap because it just doesn't appeal to me so I'm not going to start listening to underground rap. So therefore, yes, what I am talking about is mainly mainstream rap. And it is a stereotype because lots of rappers DO rap about that crap. You guys don't need to post more lyrics to prove to me that its not all bad because I've already stated that its not all bad. Personally, it just doesn't appeal to me.

BTW: I don't watch much TV. Its just that the rap that I hear is through other people so its the mainstream stuff.

You're saying that hip-hop in general is like that, but it's not and that's what we're saying.The rappers that rap about guns,sex,and drugs are outnumbered by the ones that don't by a long shot.Mainstream rappers are really the only ones outside of a few underground acts tryin to go mainstream, that rap about "crap".And if you wanna talk about hip-hop in general, then hip-hop is full of intelligent and creative rappers.The good outnumber the "crap".That's all i'm trying to say.Don't talk about hip-hop "in general" being "crap" when you don't know what you're talking about.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 11:20 PM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Excuse me, did you just insult Nirvana? You have moderately good taste in music as far as rap goes, but do NOT badmouth Nirvana. And I don't care how much you hate rock, both rock and rap are here to stay.

Other than that (and what you said about Nas... I don't like Nas..), I agree with you.

He/she isn't insulting Nirvana.They're saying that since Nirvana, there hasn't been a good rock act.He/she is saying that Nirvana is good and since them, nobody else has.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 11:24 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

quote:
You guys are really defensive aren't you (mainly you EB)? You don't need to attack the other person so harshly to get a point across. Try explaining your opinion more rationally rather than using your temper to guide your words.

let's take a stroll down memory lane...

quote:
I hate rap and I hate the way rap lovers defend rap (most of the time). On a track trip I made a comment about the rap song to a friend and this other guy got all defensive. I said, "I hate this rap, all they are doing is throwing together whatever words rhyme together in a phrase." Btw: The song is all about where the guy would have sex with this girl and was as simple as saying rhymes such as "in a jicuzzi, in the back of a movie,"... etc. The guy turned around in the van and said, "Actually if you listen, they are actually saying words." I was like "No shit? I realized they were words (dumb ass is what I wanted to say), I'm just saying that they are taking any two words that rhyme and throwing them together." Then he said, "Actually there is meaning to this song." Again, I said, "Really? The one about how he wants to have sex with the girl and would do it anywhere? Thats a pretty weak meaning. It doesn't go in depth at all." This time his response was, "Us black people get a little something... its called pussy." I told him I was unaware that white people were asexual sense we apparently reproduce without getting "pussy." He then said that the population of white people is decreasing because they can't get pussy while black people do so their population is increasing. Now, I'm not racist, but I used racist back sense he started the racial attacks and I said, "Actually dumb ass, the population of whites is increasing but just not at as fast of a rate as black people. Thats because black people are primative beings and primative beings have to reproduce as much as possible to survive." I wanted to kill that son of a *****. BTW: I don't really mean that statement, I just used it as a verbal attack against an *******

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 11:25 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D00m
Smackrobiotic

hahahaha

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 11:26 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

smokin'

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 11:34 PM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
Obviously its not all bad. Generally though, their lyrics tend to be about drugs, violence and sex.

Hip-hop is not like that in "general".There are A LOT of rappers you've never heard of that don't rap about "drugs, violence, and sex" and they outnumber the ones that do.

Here's just a small list of rappers that don't rap about "crap":

gruf the druid
optimus rhymes
infinit ptenchul
furious minds
los nativos
sonic sum
cannibal ox
double helix
subtitle
toolshed
ellay khule
oddities
jesse calico
dialectx crew
poisen pen
daily plannet
schoolz of thought
eyecue
blame one
hilltop hoods
taskforce
naptron
soup the chemist
black panther
voice watson
funkbunker fleet
pocket dwellers
ya no
pete of the cuf
casual
side effect
purest form
otherwise
ex2
liferexall
why knows
swamburger
existereo
the opus
grouch
murs
eligh
luckyiam.psc
bleu collar
knowmatic emcee
factor
poetikal
spirit agent
konfident
indepth
hangar 18
innaspace
omid
scott free
malay sparks
pterra dacto
tame one
sunspot jonz
the empire
dezin8ed
randy & pseudo
snafu
moka only
reef the lost cauze
satchel paige
jason the argonaut
orko
pase rock
jakki da motamouth
epic
sixtoo
buck 65
escape artists
serengeti
tachichi
moves
centric i.e.
dream warriors
the crest
onry ozzborn
mathematik
elusive
jizzm
s.u.n.
bending mouth
CMA
alaskan fishermen
equipto
moonrocks
conspiracy
styles of beyond
classified
sebutones
ayentee
xololanxinxo
style misia
kanser
cesar comanche
frek sho
playdough
awkward why
genelec
omni
norman
morse code
piceas
tajai
ink operated
red clay
offwhyte
pugslee atomz
creature box
105 aka
noah23
baracuda 72
konceptual dominance
jeff spec
jesse dangerously
anacron
araknophobix
a-o.n.e.
josh martinez
jonathan toth from hoth
AD
blak forest
kay the aquanaut
governer bolts
dos noun
nobs
cee!!!!!!!!!
the drunken arseholes
intel agents
kunga219
pip skid
mcenroe
mr pinkgitch
bookworm
Yy
psicobabble
organics
warcloud
netherworlds
dalek
musab
phlegm
farm fresh
park-like setting

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 11:37 PM