KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » Choices for RP area

What is your preferred choice of future games in the RP area?
This poll is closed.
I think we should run all three games 1 25.00%
The original first game should be shut down and we play the two story driven ones 3 75.00%
It is too much time and effort to play TWO story driven games; Ush or Rex should let the other do his 0 0%
The RP area should focus on one game at a time to reduce confusion. 0 0%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Choices for RP area
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

POLL: Choices for RP area

Well, our first major story is coming to a close. And inside a year! Phew! There was a patch around September when I thought the whole deal would never get done. The players have shifted (not to mention the sides!) but on the whole, the feel of the game has been pretty constant. I am very happy and thank you all for playing. Plenty more parts in that game to come!

At this point we can look ahead to what comes next. In turn:

1. The first game still languishes while waiting for interesting plot development. The free-for-all game was meant to satisfy the desires of people like queeq who dislike the restrictive structure of the second game. It's also just meant to be mad fun, really. Is it worth perservering with or shall I shut it down?

2. The second game is pretty much going to carry on so long as I am here unless I am bombarded by hate mail about it. It has anothet two parts set out- they will probably take less time to play through- and after that it is a bit fuzzy, because it depends what happens, but eventually the plot will move onto the Clone Wars where all of you- on both sides- have vital roles to play.

3. Captain Rex wants to start up his own game. Other people starting their own games here was always part of the basic design, so I am certainly game to let him try (he will pitch his idea here shortly, I am sure)

However, some of you may have different thoughts about how to proceed, hence the poll I am posting here. Please give me your feedback as soon as you can.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 20th, 2002 at 11:04 PM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 10:31 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

IMHO, perhaps closing the first one (if I remember correctly, so I'm wrong again then, the last post was with Rex? A month orso back, before that, I think it was Phinney? months ago...)
By the looks of it, the second game is MUCH more active,
IF there is a third game (Rex his), I'm not sure...

Ofcourse, it's an RP-section and it's very good to hear that there are more stories and people whilling to make some...
But then you have two very big stories, it's not that it's going to scare away visitors, but more likely confuse people about it...

Ok, what I wanted to say:
I'm neutral in this one, I can't choose...

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 12:26 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I say to shut down the Any One May Contributeand start having more 2 sided ones.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 02:07 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I can't vote. It's my story. big grin

I've PMed all stuff to Ush if we decide to start my story. If we don't, I wasted almost an hour typing it up.
I am hoping to turn my story into a Light-side vs. Dark-side game like the current one.

I can vote for what to do with the 1st Anyone May Join game should be closed, no matter what. It's only a few pages, and the posts come every now and then, or, to put it bluntly, once a month or two. It's just not doing that well! I joined, and I only saw one chance of post. Especially when the bad-guy quits.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 04:25 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

The free for all was the wrong way to go from the very beggining. It gets way too confusing.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 04:39 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

it wasn't wrong from the beginning,
it's just that people seeing the story don't know much about it so they don't dare to post dare, while the other story is more organised...

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 04:49 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The free-form style is how about 95% of on-line role-plays are organised. It was how the old RP section in this forum was organised. It's more a group fan-fction thing. It's not my favourite format but it seemed od to drop that style entirely.

Rex, please feel free to vote- I want to hear everyone's opinion. Clearly I want your gane but I;d like that opinion reflected in the poll.

You too, yerss. You seem opinionated for someone who is 'neutral'; I'd rather you just voted how you like, it;s no good if I don't get an honest response.

Rex has indeed sent me some details. I am a little unclear about when the game is set but I am not sure if it is important. It will have opposed Jedi-based sides and Rex is adamant that no-one reads the other side's thread. Rex will be playing leading characters in both threads. I have been sent 'privileged' information about the game so I cannot play as a standard player; I'll be happy to contribute in any way that Rex wishes.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 06:10 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Actually, I will be one of two major characters in the Light-side part. Someone can get that part, but you have to be quick to get it.

BTW, it takes place in the PT era, 6 years before AOTC.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 06:28 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Ush, you can be like me in the games. You and I know the privileged info, so we will be in both games to make sure it stays with the story line.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 06:30 PM
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
You too, yerss. You seem opinionated for someone who is 'neutral'; I'd rather you just voted how you like, it;s no good if I don't get an honest response.

My only opinion is about the closing of the first one...

I said: it's good to see the RP alife with new stories (so that would be a vote for getting Rex's story here)
BUT there is a big(?) chance people get confused by it all (wich is negatif)

+ and - = neutral

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 08:15 PM
LanceWindu

Will we ever have multiple 2 sided games going at the same time?

Cause I was thinking of making my own game.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 08:21 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Oh dear. sad

I've started something. I would vote for yours though Lance. Mine is good, but yours might be better. I'd have to look at it if we start it.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 10:57 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'm happy with whatever people think they can handle.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 11:06 PM
LanceWindu

I still need to come up with all of the storylines and where I want the groups to go and where they would go if they did something different.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 11:58 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Okay then. I voted for option #2. What did you vote for Ush? Or are you voting after everyone else votes?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 11:58 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'm actually more interested in what other people think. I'll break a tie.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 21st, 2002 12:00 AM
LanceWindu

No ties as of yet.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2002 12:02 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

I'm voting for three games running, what the heck. But maybe we should start a new free-form game rather than trying to keep running the existing one since most everybody that started in it is gone. Something simple, for those who don't care for the structured games.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2002 02:15 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hmm, that's a possible. But I still go with 2 structured game.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2002 06:43 PM
LanceWindu

How about 3 structured games all run by different people and a couple of free-for-all games for when we are waiting for our turn in the structured games.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2002 08:24 PM