KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Best Bronsan Bond?

Best Bronsan Bond?
Started by: evildeadjunkie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

than what have you against Goldeneye?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2004 03:59 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by yerssot
than what have you against Goldeneye? [/QUOTE

It's like FYEO. Trying to keep the Bond fans happy while trying to attempt a new direction for 007...

Down a Corsican bobsleigh run, perhaps?. sad

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2004 05:56 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, most of the bond fans were happy, so I don't see the problem

Old Post Mar 28th, 2004 09:25 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mrs Perry

Tomorrow never dies but the car in that was crap for the car it would be DAD for that sssswwwwweeeeeeeeettt aston martin V12 vanquish i love that car

Attachment: hot2.jpg
This has been downloaded 90 time(s).

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 04:44 PM
Mrs Perry is currently offline Click here to Send Mrs Perry a Private Message Find more posts by Mrs Perry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

the car is crap and you prefer a stupid vanishing car? ... I don't see the logic

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 05:45 PM
Mrs Perry

not because it vanishes i think that is a bit far fetched even for a bond film i just think the car is just so nice

Attachment: hot2.jpg
This has been downloaded 88 time(s).

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 03:25 PM
Mrs Perry is currently offline Click here to Send Mrs Perry a Private Message Find more posts by Mrs Perry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

oh, the car in general? yeah, that was a sweet one smile

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 07:15 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Die Another Day for was like Moonraker for me - it was perfectly enjoyable, but it didn't feel like James Bond.

James Bond is supposed to be in the modern age with concievable gadgets that COULD work. The remote control car in TND would work, the Tazer phone too. The exploding pen and even the belt grappling hook from Goldeneye all were very James Bond.

Die Another Day was bordering on the rediculous and there was too much CGI. For a film series that prided itself on superb LIVE stunt work, Die Another Day was a backwards step. Everything from the stupid, stupid invisible car, to the diamonds in the face, to the shape shifting people, to the freakin surfing agents made it stupid and more like a Charlies Angels flick.

Halle Berry was eye candy sure, but she was INCREDIBLY ANNOYING eye candy - with an awful name.

I personalliy think Goldeneye is one of the best Bonds period. It reminds me of the traditional Connery flicks while at the same time being completely convincing (as far as Bond goes). The story was much more personal this time for Bond with villain Sean Bean doing a great job. Everybody remembers the TANK! That was some great sickness. Nightcrawler....er sorry Boris (Grishenko?) topped it off nicely with "I am invincible!".

I hate uneccessary CGI, hate it with a passion, because I can see it a mile away, in films like Spiderman and The Hulk, you NEED it, but i think films like DAD come up with ideas to use especilally with CGI just to show off, not the other way around. Live action scenes are far more impressive. Compare the smaller scale stunt of the car park scene or the bike and chopper scene in TND, to the fake looking climax to DAD. No contest.

And the game on the N64 ROCKED! EA are even remaking it (gonna screw it up I just know it!) for the modern consoles.

Tomorrow Never Dies was superb also, but ever since the height of Goldeneye, the Brosnan flicks has declined in quality with each new release.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 06:59 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I actually liked the diamonds in the face of Zao, the shape shifting ... real gene therapy... I think that's too advanced to get in a bond movie already

and finally, someone who agrees that Halle was incredibly wrong casted as jinx! but to say a stupid name... Plenty O'Tool, Octopussy, ... there are a lot of incredibly stupid female names, it's something JB like.

and btw, there will be NO remake of Goldeneye! it will continue the story; but by no means is it a remake

generaly, I think Goldeneye was the best too, but it's not that the others are that bad, just not so good big grin

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 10:00 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
James Bond is supposed to be in the modern age with concievable gadgets that COULD work.

What do you mean, that COULD work? messed I don't get that part.

I agree on you on SOME parts, for example I thought the part after the ice hotel, where JB is in that super-duper car and then climbs on a top of ice thingy to slide... TOO extreme roll eyes (sarcastic) And too Charlie's Angels-like, yeah!
But I quite enjoyed the diamonds, the whole gene idea, Halle Berry AND the name Jinx (which was original, cute and... well... I've no idea why you don't like it messed )
I overall enjoyed the movie in general big grin

And what's CGI? embarrasment

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 05:38 AM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Computer Generated Imagery - the bane of modern film-makin. It's always used when it's not needed *points to the new Star Wars movies*

I meant "COULD work" as in the fact that an exploding pen, a remote control car and hidden missile launchers could work. An invisible car is plain wrong. Invisible to radar? Sure! Invisible to infra-red or thermal vision? Why not? Invisible to the NAKED FREAKIN EYE? Come on.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Apr 3rd, 2004 at 12:48 PM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 12:44 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

Ahh, I get what you mean... Yeah, the invisible car idea was very silly indeed.

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 01:00 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

if they want to make it invisible to infrared than they should find a way to get the motor not to heat up at all

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 02:43 PM
The Redeemer

Look...the whole film was pathetic crap!!! Never mind the nit picking!!! roll eyes (sarcastic) smokin'

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 02:48 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

it's to nitpick it to death

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 03:00 PM
Red Superfly

It would be easy to make it invisible to infra-red, for Q-lab (R-lab?)anyway. You don't make the motor any different, you just make the shell out of an anti-heat material, like a variant of the stuff Navy SEALS and that use when they go on missions.

The thing that bugged me about it was, that if British Secret Services could make an invisible car, they could make invisible helicopters, invisible jet fighters. It's too "powerful" technology for a Bond movie.

Like, nobody would be able to have a war. Why would Bond even have a job, they'd be like:

Defense Minister: "M we need Bond to go on a mission stop a war breaking out"

M: "Don't you have that invisible army, with the invisible missiles and invisible jets?"

Defense Minister: "Oh yeah, ha. Forget Bond, we'll just wipe the floor with them in the first few minutes when the war breaks out. I love that cake you made M, delicious!"

See what I mean?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 11:04 AM
yerssot

well, the point is that during the movie it shows on the infrared and such, so it didn't use the anti-heat thing

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 11:21 AM
Bouboumaster

The World Is Not Enough / Goldeneye

Old Post Jul 14th, 2008 03:25 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just can't believe some people in here think Die Another Day was his best, you got to be kidding me. It was terrible.

As for his best film, for me it's Tomorrow Never Dies. Even then, I'm not fussed about the Brosnan era.

The World is Not Enough had the sexiest Bond woman out of all the Brosnan film girls though, played by Sophie Marceau.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 04:27 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

no, I think the movie is terrible but that he acts really good in it

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 11:08 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote