KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » spiderman defies physics

spiderman defies physics
Started by: moonwalker741

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

Question spiderman defies physics

ok i hav thought about this for quite some time....i have thought hard n long about this......but this is very true.....ok to the point...lol

in physics...if you drop 2 non equal weight objects at the same height...they will hit the ground at the same time.....even if the objects dont equal the same weight....

mary jane falls from the broken balcony...spiderman yells "noooo" n all of that sappy shit....n jumps off 5 seconds later....he catches up to mary jane n catches her......

i know its a comic movie but this is jus a logical acknowledgement roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by moonwalker741 on Apr 24th, 2004 at 10:31 PM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2004 10:26 PM
moonwalker741 is currently offline Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

I think the fact that Spider-Man 'dives' off the bridge as opposed to MJ, who was flailing. There would be less wind resistence on Spider-Man which would speed up his fall.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 01:09 AM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Zephonim> yes

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 11:18 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Yep, think about skydiving. To slow down you open your arms out, like MJ was, and to go faster you dive, like Spiderman.

This is why when you drop a bowling ball and a large, square flat piece of wood, the bowling ball would hit the ground first.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 01:52 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

Your physics case is only in ideal conditions. Along with -9.8 m/s/s. It's not taking in account of air resistance, etc. Of course the heavier, more aerodynamic object would fall first.

That's the flaw of physics...takes too many damn "ideal" conditions for things to work properly.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 07:29 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal-el
kryptonian slag

he's A HUMAN SPIDER.DEFINE THE PHYSICS IN THAT!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 11:30 PM
kal-el is currently offline Click here to Send kal-el a Private Message Find more posts by kal-el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
p0ser
Loser

Um, IT'S A MOVIE.

Not only is it just a movie, a movie based on a comic book.

Hello?

Since when does Hollywood use logic?

If you want to analyze the whole movie, start from the beginning, since when do people turn into spiders after being bit by one? Since when do scientists turn into green goblins while performing experiments on THEMSELVES?

Honestly, this could go on forever...Lol. Nerds.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 06:31 PM
p0ser is currently offline Click here to Send p0ser a Private Message Find more posts by p0ser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

quote:
Originally posted by p0ser
Um, IT'S A MOVIE.

Not only is it just a movie, a movie based on a comic book.

Hello?

Since when does Hollywood use logic?

If you want to analyze the whole movie, start from the beginning, since when do people turn into spiders after being bit by one? Since when do scientists turn into green goblins while performing experiments on THEMSELVES?

Honestly, this could go on forever...Lol. Nerds.

To the best of my knowledge, Peter didn't turn into a spider lol.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 07:08 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
p0ser
Loser

Hmm...Lol, good point.

But he have some spider qualities...I think that's what I meant.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 07:35 PM
p0ser is currently offline Click here to Send p0ser a Private Message Find more posts by p0ser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

Smile

oo these r good points.....about how mj was flailin n spiderman 'dives'....i didnt think about air resistance.....

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 02:33 AM
moonwalker741 is currently offline Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote