KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Wheel of time.

Wheel of time.
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sarlock
Swordsmaster Elite

I had always heard it was going to be a 13 book series. I also watched a small thing that he had said on a TV network where he said that. I guess he is though, cause New Spring kinda makes it 13 books...

But yea, I can't wait for some action to start. I like the politics, but there's been too much of that, too little action. Not enough of anything actually happening. In all honesty, the 6th book was the last book that I actually found great. It was a refreshing change, but it continued in book 7, and has been like that since then... So I'm hoping the next book changes things.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 03:55 AM
Sarlock is currently offline Click here to Send Sarlock a Private Message Find more posts by Sarlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

Could be 13 if you include the prequel. But there are too many storylines, that need to be tied up. From what we've all learned, Jordan does like to go into great detail breaking down each political and wartime battles. As he said, there are 2 long running threads in this story that are going to be tied up.

Apparently, after Knife of Dreams, he's already been laying down foot notes or something for the 12th already...the man works quick lol. But he's taking some time off for a few months.

Then im hoping Tarmon Gaidon shall finally be here...which in my opinion could last for 2 books....nothing but straight solid action.

"Below courage there's nothing"
"I will never let my comrades die"

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 06:57 PM
Big_Daddy2 is currently offline Click here to Send Big_Daddy2 a Private Message Find more posts by Big_Daddy2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

Ok...so, there was an interview posted at Dragonmount.com from Robert Jordan himself, who said that the series will be stopping at book 12.

He'll be wrapping everything up in the final book, even if that means the hardcover will be 1500 pages...yikes.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 04:00 PM
Big_Daddy2 is currently offline Click here to Send Big_Daddy2 a Private Message Find more posts by Big_Daddy2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Lets just pray that he doesn't let the 12th book end with the start of Tar'mon'Gaidon, please let us see it.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 01:19 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I came across a prologue fro Knife of Dreams by Robert Jordan, called : Embers Falling on Dry Grass.

I have uploaded it here (use the html file after unziping):
http://rapidshare.de/files/3855560/..._Grass.zip.html

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 09:58 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

Thanks Morridini, i'll be sure to dl that and read it later on this week...can't do it at work because my boss would know if I dl'd anything, or for that matter installed winzip lol.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 08:25 PM
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

The first review is up...and reading it, I think the next edition may be just as incredibly amazing as the 5th book was. It sounds like a lot of loose ends are going to be tied off and lots of characters will lose their lifes. I can't wait, 2 more months Happy Dance

Knife Of Dreams Review!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 06:50 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

God... Sounds friggin amazing. Mister Jordan seems to have finally hit the top of the 6 book hill and is bringing it all down in two more. Can't wait...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 12:53 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bamboopanda
The Forsaken

this series was good. until i found out the author has planned no ending. it's too long.

Happy Halloween

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 01:06 AM
bamboopanda is currently offline Click here to Send bamboopanda a Private Message Find more posts by bamboopanda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Les yeux clos
Wisdomous

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Big_Daddy2
The first review is up...and reading it, I think the next edition may be just as incredibly amazing as the 5th book was. It sounds like a lot of loose ends are going to be tied off and lots of characters will lose their lifes. I can't wait, 2 more months Happy Dance

Knife Of Dreams Review!
..wow...omg ..I can't wait now..after Crossroads my excitment kind of died but this sounds amazing...I hope Narishma or Lan don't die though sad

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 01:18 AM
Les yeux clos is currently offline Click here to Send Les yeux clos a Private Message Find more posts by Les yeux clos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by riku harada
this series was good. until i found out the author has planned no ending. it's too long.

There's going to be an ending... Jordan has said himself that the book after the new one (Knife of Dreams) is going to be the end. It's a 13 book series. It's not short, but it's a damn good read.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 03:44 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Les yeux clos
Wisdomous

Hell yes!! ...I now FINALLY have the new book....can't wait to get stuck in...

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 05:03 PM
Les yeux clos is currently offline Click here to Send Les yeux clos a Private Message Find more posts by Les yeux clos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

I have returned to this thread big grin

Man its good to be back here, I've just ordered KOD an hour ago. God I can't wait till it's here. Hell I'm so excited I can't even do my uni work thats due in tomorrow, a 1200 to 1500 word discussion on an extract from a book of my choice Guess what I chose. laughing

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 05:58 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Kife of Dreams arrived big grin I'd read it now but I haven't slept in two days and mild dementia is starting to kick in. laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 10:46 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Les yeux clos
Wisdomous

laughing Did you manage to keep up with it?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 12:06 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Hmm, about time we started reviving this thread again. However it has gone so much time I hardly remember KoD, however I remember that we finally got confirmation that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mazrim Taim is a Darkfriend and that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mat and Thom finally decided to go and rescue Moiraine from the Tower as we had foreseen ages ago.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 01:45 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Originally posted by Fiann@
laughing Did you manage to keep up with it?

I got through the first couple of pages but Raptor Jesus distracted me

Attachment: raptorjesus.jpg
This has been downloaded 51 time(s).

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 03:29 AM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Just finished KOD....WOW!!!! So many threads of the story put to rest,so much new information and confirmations on characters. Hell so much ass kicking going on in that book MR T himself would be proud laughing out loud

Attachment: mr t.gif
This has been downloaded 40 time(s).

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 12:59 PM
Azure
Your socks taste good...

i was just wondereing what Wheel of Time was, Because some started a thread titled, Wheel of Time VS. Dragonlance

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 12:30 AM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

God darned it. Seems like we will never get to finish this great series: http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/boo...n.ap/index.html

So annoyed that his passing went unnoticed by. Silly news.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 06:36 AM