KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Wheel of time.

Wheel of time.
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MasterWizard

I think you got it right. And she didn't "die" in the first place. She fell through th portal, with Lanfear. But that would also mean that if she didn't die, then Lanfear didn't die.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 12:29 PM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

It means that they didn't die instantly. Moiraine can have killed Lanfear after they fell through the door. It is most likely that Lanfear died since she now is Cyndane. Perhaps Perrin will save Moiraine through the tower which Slayer escaped through, when Perrin was hunting him in the Wolf dream. I think the tower is connected to the lands the Ter'angreal doors are leading to, I remember that Mat saw the tower when he was in one of the two Ter'angreal doors (I don't remember when he saw it).

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 02:37 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterWizard

While I dont know everything of which you speak, would that tower also be the one that Mat seen on the boat ride from Shadar Logath(sp?) to Whitebridge?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 10:38 PM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Yes that's thew tower I was speaking of.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 04:08 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Does anybody else have something to say about Moiraine, perhaps a theory about how she will return?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 01:36 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

What exactly was Min's viewing on Moiraine?

I think that Moiraine is not dead, but held prisoner in the land beyond the twisted door. I believe that either Perrin or RAnd will save her; it cannot be Mat because he has already went through the door. The only thing is, if Rand goes through the door and saves Moiraine, he must make a deal with the people beyond the door; what sort of deal will he make to save a woman? Something costly, i think.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 04:34 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

In A Crown of Swords chapter 35, Into the Woods, this was said:

"Min sighed regretfully, but it was not as if she had really expected Moiraine to turn up alive. Moiraine was the only viewing of hers that had ever failed."
This tell us that Min has had a viewing about Moiraine that has not happened yet, and since she has never been wrong I doubt that she is wrong now.

And as for what deal he would make I have no clue. What would the people there want from him, music?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 06:43 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Read book five again. Theres a part where Egwene is thinking about her dreaming while talking to Moraine in the Aiel Waste, one of the dreams was Thom Merrilin sticking his hand in a fire to take the blue stone that dangles on Moraine's head. It's quickly overshadowed by the more important parts of the book but it's there. So perhaps Thom saves Moraine or at least finds a way to get her back.

Old Post May 4th, 2004 02:42 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

yeah, i remember that part with Min, and i searched the other books looking for what she saw...i guess he never says

Old Post May 4th, 2004 05:28 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

So it was Egwene who saw that about Thom. I was trying to find it so I could post it here. Looks like you beat me to it Lord Ryugen. But do you have any theory on how she will be saved? I am not sure but I think I remember something about music being important to thise creatures. And Thom is a good musician.

Old Post May 4th, 2004 06:58 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Can someone give an exact quote from the book on the Thom and Moiraine thing? I don't have the books handy/.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 03:49 AM
Morridini
Morridini

In The Fires of Heaven chapter 15, What can be learned in dreams, Egwene was thinking about several dreams she had had, here is theone about Thom and Moiraine:

"while Thom Merrilin put his hand into a fire to draw out the small blue stone that now dangled on Moiraine's forehead."

As you see it is exactly as Lord Ryugen said in his post.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 09:36 AM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

I remember Brigitte talking with Perrin in the wolf dream in Book Four. Perrin had chased Slayer to the tower Mat saw in the ter'angrel. While they were talking she mentioned something about the passage intoned whenever the game 'Snakes and Foxes' is played. I can't remember what the passage was so I'll look it up tonight, but it said that fire dazzled them and iron and/or music bound them. Mabye Thom finds a way to bind them with his harp, or scares them with fire.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 01:53 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Thsi was what it said: "Courage to strengthen, fire to blind, music to daze, iron to bind."
You can read more about the Aelfinn and Eelfinn (the names of the creatures) at this site: http://linuxmafia.com/jordan/2_nond...2.6.3_finn.html

So you don't have to get your book to look something up.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 02:31 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Thanks Morridini.

Old Post May 6th, 2004 11:31 AM
Morridini
Morridini

You're welcome Lord Ryugen.

Old Post May 6th, 2004 12:11 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

that's a great website...

Old Post May 6th, 2004 06:52 PM
Morridini
Morridini

I know. I once read through everything, but now I see that they have updated it so I will have to read the new stuff too. The Death of Asmodean text is worth a look too: http://linuxmafia.com/jordan/1_dark...1.1.6_asmo.html

Last edited by Morridini on May 6th, 2004 at 07:28 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2004 07:25 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

You know there's something thats been confusing me. If the Forsaken have Gholam that can't be hurt by normal weapon and are immune to the One Power why wasn't it sent against Rand. Why was it sent to Ebou Dar?

Old Post May 7th, 2004 11:12 AM
Morridini
Morridini

Which of the Forsaken was it that have sent out the Gholam we have seen this far? If it is Moridin then it's obvious, Moridin don't want to kill Rand, but to control him or make him join them. But if it is someone else then this is a good question.

Old Post May 7th, 2004 12:00 PM