KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Wheel of time.

Wheel of time.
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Exactly, and besides how many survived the breaking? If all why weren't they all released instead of 2 or 3. And another thing why in the name of god does Moridin not wnat Rand dead. Surely Tamron Gaidon (Is that how it's spelt?) would be a hell of a lot easier if the Dragon Reborn's a corpse/

Old Post May 7th, 2004 12:22 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I think it is written Tarmon Gaidon.

Every man or woman can be turned over to serve the Dark One against their will when they are dead, but then they are weaker then when they were alive. So Moridin wants Rand to join him alive, not dead, so that Rand still have all his powers.

By the way do we agree that Moridin is Ishamael reborn?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 7th, 2004 02:29 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Pretty much. After all there's no one else he could be. Aran'gar and Osan'gar are Aginor and Balthemeal. Cydine's Lan fear, and barring Rhavin and Bal'el who died from Balefire, Asmodan who just died and Sammael who apparently kicked it in Shadgar Logoth, Ishamael's the only Chosen left to be brought back.

Old Post May 11th, 2004 11:35 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

It has been a while since I last read the books. Who did the Gholam try to get? I can only remember one meeting Mat when he was in an alley in Ebou Dar, and one licking up blood from a person Moridin sqwished.

And what about Mordeth, who now is half Mordeth and half Padan Fain, is he perhaps a gholam? He does have some of the same abillities as a Gholam. But would this mean that Fain is one third Gholam, and then imune against the One Power, if he is then he is deadlier then we ever imagined.

Old Post May 11th, 2004 05:10 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

I know one Gholam's going for Mat because he's got the fox ter'angrel but I'm not sure about the other. And Mordeth isn't Gholam he has some of their abilites because he was a spirit. The Gholam is a physical being

Old Post May 12th, 2004 11:32 AM
Morridini
Morridini

But why would a spirits abilities be identical to a Gholams abilities? Are there perhapsa any connection? I'l see if I can find out how the Gholams were created.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 02:07 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Aginor created them but that's all I know. Mordeth and The Gholam have identical abilites because of what they are. Gholams have no bones so they can stretch and thin themselves, Mordeth has no real body so he can bloat himself or go through cracks at will.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 10:45 AM
Morridini
Morridini

All I can find out about the Gholams is that they were created by Aginor. It was made 6 gholams, 3 women and 3 men. They live on fresh blood and can feel the One Power and the True Power. They are immune to the OP and can detect a channeler at fifty paces, I don't know if they are imune against the TP though.

But if the only reason to why Mordeth and Gholams have the same powers is because they don't have a massive body, why does Robert Jordan then point it out for us when Mat sees the Gholam run away?

Old Post May 13th, 2004 08:03 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

They don't have the same powers. For example there is no proof thatthe spirit of Mordeth could touch anything, forcing him to rely on his talking skills to trick people. There is also no evidence that the Gholam can swell it's body up.

Old Post May 14th, 2004 11:04 AM
zombieman
The Undead

Wheel of Time Series

...By Robert Jordan. These are amazing, anyone else into them? Is there already a thread for these?

Old Post May 17th, 2004 08:48 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I already have a going discussion about them here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f67/t292080.html

Old Post May 17th, 2004 09:15 PM
zombieman
The Undead

Cheers!

Old Post May 17th, 2004 09:16 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

Aaargh, read some spoilers! I haven't got this far yet, im just into book two. I'll come back when im up to date.

Old Post May 17th, 2004 09:17 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Ok, but if there is anything you wonder about we can probably help you without spoiling anything.

Old Post May 17th, 2004 09:19 PM
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by Morridini
I already have a going discussion about them here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f67/t292080.html
thanks I'm a little late..but merged big grin

Old Post May 18th, 2004 04:06 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

I'm back. Been gone for days cause I couldn't go to my college (hurt my foot) but I have a question. Does anyone have an idea of what Fain's new powers are? The ones we know are: the power to corrupt, the power to see drakfriends and the power to transmit his anger as pain to another person. But he indicated that he had more and he broke Fade's spirt. So he's got have something nasty.

Old Post May 19th, 2004 11:15 AM
Morridini
Morridini

I don't know any of his new powers, but you forgot to mention that he can feel Rand where ever he is. And thus always able to track Rand down.

Old Post May 19th, 2004 01:24 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Oh yeah I missed that one, he talks about so often that it seems normal lol

Old Post May 21st, 2004 09:23 AM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Jordan better finish the next book soon, that stupid prequel was very disappointing...

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 05:46 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Knife of dreams is said to be out in 2005 sometime. But I didn't think New Spring was that bad, it wasn't great like the rest of the series but still ok. By the way, did anyone feel like Moiraine is partly lesbian? It seemed like that in some of the parts where she was together with Siuan.

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 05:54 PM