KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Wheel of time.

Wheel of time.
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Re: Wheel of time.

quote:
Originally posted by Morridini
I just wonder if there are anybody else here reading the Wheel of time series? I am very fond of the books and would like to hear what you people think about them. I couldn't find any other topics about this, but if it does then I appologice.

You know, I tried reading the first book 3 times. It's not that I'm not interested, the imaginery is awesome... it's just that it's very long and some times I don't have the time. I really want to read this series. It's up to 10 novels now and I have collected every one except #9. I'll soon be getting this one. I just need the time to sit down and enjoy them. I'm the kind of person who likes to enjoy what he's reading and not barrel through the story as if skimming through just to get it read. Getting into a book, I think, is like getting into a soothing bath. You have to ease into it carefully and slowly to thoroughly enjoy all of it.

smokin'

Old Post May 24th, 2004 04:17 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Couldn't agree more mate. Oh and Morridini I don't think Mor and Siuan ever did the dirty. (Of course considering where she's from I could be wrong lol)

Old Post May 24th, 2004 08:48 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterWizard

I agree with Reborn. I got to book 7, and then I wasn't able to read as much as I wanted to, so I put it off, and I've decided that this summer, when school is over, I'll start them again, because I'll have all the time in the world to read.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 08:19 PM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Can't get the image out of my head...hold on why would I want to hell yeah!

Old Post May 25th, 2004 02:47 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

I was told not to read it. Both people i knew who got into them said not to read it because it never ends.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 05:07 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I recomend reading them.
I know it is a bit long but it will end with two more books, or perhaps three. So in total there will be 12 or 13 main books and three prequels, the prequels are not as good as the main books but are woth reading.

So you can tell your friends that we are near the end soon, just a coupple of years to go.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 25th, 2004 06:34 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

anyone else have The World of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time?

I think it's a pretty good reference, though i think they are going to have to have an updated version at some point

Old Post May 25th, 2004 07:04 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I have it and, yeah I think so too. I would really like to see something abot Moridin, the cleansing of Saidin, the Aelfinn and the Eelfinn (is that correctlt spelled?) and Jain Farstrider who now is in company with Mat. Is there anything else you would like to see in an updated version?

Old Post May 25th, 2004 07:11 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Damm My bookstore never got that. I'm jealous mad

Old Post May 27th, 2004 11:26 AM
Morridini
Morridini

You can probably buy it ower the net. Or so I would asume.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 01:02 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

I could...if I had a credit card.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 01:16 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Jain Farstrider is with Mat? what?

Old Post May 27th, 2004 05:34 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Lord Ryugen, cant u order with billing where u live?

And ElectricBugaloo (this is just a theory), Farstrider is traveling with Mat but not under the same name. Here are some evidence:

In The Eye Of The World, Chaper 47, More Tales of the Wheel, this happened:

Lord Agelmar is telling the story of the fall of Malkier: "When Cowin Fairheart's treachery was revealed and he was taken by young Jain Charin - already called Jain Farstrider..."

This happened at the fall of Malkier, when Lan was a baby, about 45 years or so before TEOTW. If Jain was a young man, 17-20 or so, then this would make him 65 or so now.

And in Winters Hearth Mat met Noal Charin. Noal is an old man, he has the same last name as Jain, and he's good at telling stories of his travels. Furthermore, he is interested in Darkfriends, matching up with Jains association with the Shadow (he traveled into the Blight etc).

Also in TEOTW, chapter 51, Against the Shadow:

Ba'alzamon said to Rand: "Jain Farstrider, a hero... whom I painted like a fool and sent to the Ogier thinking he was free of me."

If I remember correctly, Noal talked about his visit to the Ogiers, but I am not sure.

But this is only a theory. I think Nolan is Jain, but perhaps you have something to prove this theory wrong.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 06:05 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

i haven't read the books in a while (I'm reading The Eye of The World again), so I forgot about Noal. He could be Farstrider; he can also tell stories very well; i don't think that anyone really knkows who wrote the book about Farstrider..I'll have to look at that when I get to those books.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 09:26 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Morridini, I'm really poor right now so I can't do anything that involves buying things. Anyway I won't be posting for a week since I'm leaving college for a holiday. I'll post when I get back. Adios

Old Post May 28th, 2004 10:41 AM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Dammit I'm not letting this thread end up like mine!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 11:23 AM
Morridini
Morridini

Ok, lets try to get this thread up and going again. Perhaps someone can come up with a discussion idea? Or let us perhaps start by discussing if Lews Therin Telamon really is in Rand's head, or is Rand just going mad? I think he really is there, how could Rand otherwise learn weavings ancient weaves by that voice? Or if that is not a good discussion, what about answering the question "Who killed Amodean?", I hav no clue.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 08:16 PM
MasterWizard

I think Graendal killed Asmodean, and that Lews Therin is actually in Rand's head.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 11:27 PM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Well whoever killed Asmodean was obviously someone he knew or had at least heard about otherwise we would he of been so terrified. As for Lewis Tealamon well I'm not sure. He does get memories but that only seems to happen when he needs it. For example when Rand was tracking the Asha'men who had tried to kill him he gained Lewis' ability to draw so he could get descriptions of them out. The voice itself seems to be a manafestaion of the emotions Rand locks away

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 12:24 PM
Corran
Lucifer

He IS the dragon reborn and therefore is the re-incarnation of Lews, the voice is in his head and the memories are there too, they are all returning slowly, he is remembering things as time passes,

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 12:52 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote