KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Wheel of time.

Wheel of time.
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morridini
Morridini

Just because he is the re-incarnation of Lews doesn't mean that he should remember Lews's life. Everybody is the re-incarnation of someone else, but we don't see anyone else running around with a voice in their head. And also, I think I remember reading somewhere about a thrid person in Rand's mind. Does anyone have any idea who/what that is?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 01:35 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Rand gets memories from Lew Therin, we already know that from knowing Ilyena, and when he makes the outburst to Lanfear in Book 4, calling her Mieren. Also when he remembers the plum trees. He also gains abilities from Lews Therin (like the ability to draw)

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 05:06 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

It's true he recives random memories occasionly but for the whole he only gets them when they're necissary. As for the third person well RJ's been pretty tight on info there so I don't know. And as for Asmodean's death well let's look as the suspects.
Greandal: Doubtful killing Asmodean doesn't fit in with her profile, she won't confront Rand directly and judging from her lifestyle it's unlikely she take such a large effort to kill one person.
Semirhage: Asmodean seemed to think that Sem would torture him into insanity before letting him die and I aggree outright killing's not her style.
Asan'gar and Oran'gar: nope
Sammael: Might of done it. Helping Rand is a death sentance where he's concerned. But Rand would sense the ability and I don't think Sam could be that close without taking a shot at his life.
Demandred: See Sam.
Moridin: RJ said he wasn't there in an interview. So nope
Lanfear: Just trapped in Finn world. Nope
Moghedien: Unconcious in Salidar. Nope
Messana. Possible dissapears and reappears in the tower when she wants ny the look of things. And with the shield in place she was stronger than Asmo. But would she consider it worth the risk of Avindhea finding her.
Rahvin: Balefired. Nope
Be'lal: Balefired. Nope
Shaidar Haran: Most likely since no one felt channeling that indicates that the True Power was used and since it wasn't Mor, Shaidar gets the vote. Note also that he could of removed the body by using the shadow trick Fades do.
Isam: Could of killed Asmo and took his body in the Dream World but is he fast enough kill him before he can channel.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 01:24 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

But acording to RJ the murderer is obvious when you read the about the murder. So when did Haran appear? If he had appeared at the time of Asmodean's death then he could have done it. But do remember that we have seen the murderer before the murder.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 05:41 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterWizard

Well Rand doesn't detect women's one power, so we can knock all the males off the list. He would have detected them.

When I first read that scene I though Moiraine killed him, but after searching about it on the web, I found several sites telling and explaining how Graendal is the culprit.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 08:13 PM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Rand feels a tingle when women channell Saidar. But if it's someone we've seen before. Hmm this requries some thought.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 12:48 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

If it was the True Power, then no one could feel it.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 07:39 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

But who could use the TP at that time? Had Haran and Moridin appeared then? I don't remember that book much.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 09:31 PM
MasterWizard

Here is an answer from Robert Jordan himself on the subject of Asmodean's death. Read it for yourself for a few laughs.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 10:40 PM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Lol, The mystery is solved Patrick Nielsen-Hayden is our murderer.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 02:07 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Isn't Taim one of the Forsaken? Or who is he?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 07:27 AM
Morridini
Morridini

No Taim is not one of the Forsaken, he is one of the false Dragons, like Logain.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 08:10 AM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Yeah, a lot of people thought he was Demandred in disguise but apparantly not. Which begs the obvious question where the hell is he? I mean we've got a good fix on most of the others but he just comes and goes at will. The only thing we know is that his base is down south.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 08:38 AM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

i know that Taim was a false dragon, but he seems to have his own agenda, and we've yet to really see Demandred in any of the books except for when he's at Shayol Guhl

We don't KNOW his base is down south, that's just what Sammael thought. In reality, Mesaana, Demandred and Semirhage haven't really been in the books all that much--although Mesaana has played a large role in the White Tower.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 06:28 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Since so many belived that Taim was Demandred (Taimandred as he was called) RJ got tired of this nonsense and said right out that Taim is not Demandred. But you are right that Taim is up to something, I think that Rand or Logain will get rid of Taim in the next book. This is what RJ answared to a question regarding Taimandred:

Question:
At recent book signing following the release of Crossroads of Twilight, it was reported that you confirmed that the Forsaken Demandred has never posed as the man known as Mazrim Taim, who was introduced to Rand at the beginning of Lord of Chaos. Have you confirmed that Demandred has never posed as the man known as Mazrim Taim, leader of the Black Tower?

Robert Jordan Answers:
Yes. Demandred has never posed as Mazrim Taim. All right, those of who fell over from the shock of a simple, straightforward answer can get up off the floor now. Sometimes, simple and straightforward can be the most devious of all, as any student of Aes Sedai will tell you. <Maniacal laughter from the shadows!>

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 09:11 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Probably Logain in a battle that'll destroy the black tower and fufill the Prophicy Eldia made. So new question where do you all think Dem is and is it possible we've met him in the disguise of another charactor?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 09:43 AM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

OK, so what role does Shaidar Haran and Mordin play?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 05:01 AM
Morridini
Morridini

What do you mean ElectricBugaloo? Moridin is Ishamael reborn and the Nea'blis, so I bet he and Rand will fight a big fight at Tar'mon'gaidon. I have one question though, have we ever seen Moridin and Shaidar Haran in the same room at the same time? Could they possibly be the same person? I can't remember ever seeing them in the same room together.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 06:14 AM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

That's true but I'm not entirely sure. They both act very differently. Still it's an intresting idea.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 12:48 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

yeah, and when Moghedien comes out of the vacuole in Crown of Swords, it seems as if Moridin knew all that had happened between her and Shaidar Haran.

Moridin has used the True Source, and so he is almost certainly one of the Forsaken reborn, and he isn't Balthamael, Asmodeon, Aginor or Lanfear (the ones who died w/o Balefire before his appearance).

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 06:01 PM