KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Wheel of time.

Wheel of time.
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morridini
Morridini

There is a lot of things connecting Moridin to Ishamael. The eyes, Moridin has those black Sara (or something beginning with a s) in his eyes and Ishamael had fire eyes. They both like to use the True Power. Moridin lived in the Age of Daggers, we get to know this in A Path of daggers. The other Forsaken said that he is more crazy then before, so it is someone they knew. So it look like Moridin is Ishamael, but who knows? Perhaps RJ will suprise us at Tar'mon'gaidon by making Rand fight both Ishamael and Moridin, even though I doubt this.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 06:20 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Then who is Moridin?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 06:30 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

As I said, I think he is Ishamael, but one can never know (exept RJ)

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 07:55 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

crap, i meant Shaidar Haran

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 09:14 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

He could be (not likely though) Moridin. But the only reason to think that is because we have never seen them in the same room. He could be a Forsaken reborn, but then I think we would have known it. As it looks like now he is only a special myrdraal and the messenger of the Dark One.

By the way, did we get Haran's point of view in any of the books? And if so, where?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 09:29 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

I think so, i'm not sure

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 05:12 AM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

we do get Shaidar Haran's POV in Crown of Swords after Sammael and Graendal seperate the Shaido to various parts of the continent. This is where we learn that he is somehow chained to Shayol Ghul.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 10:05 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Hmm, and if I remember correctly the chapter which Sammael seperated the Shaido was the same one as when we saw the Watcher/Wanderer who I belive is Moridin. I don't have the book here, but is there any form for connectio there? I will look it up once I get the chance.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 10:09 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

the watcher was a previous chapter with Sammael's first meeting with the Shaido Wise Ones. I don't think it ever says who the watcher is, but it says that he is using the True Power, so it looks like Moridin.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 05:13 AM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

i don't know if you guys have seen this site, but it's pretty good:

http://www2.photeus.com:8090/~ewot/index.html

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 02:41 AM
Morridini
Morridini

Hmm, looks good. Did u see the link to another good WOT site which I posted here? Well here it is again: http://www.steelypips.org/wotfaq/0_...0.01_intro.html

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 09:20 AM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Does anyone know whats going on with all the ghosts popping up. it seemsall the main characters have been in a position where they or someone nearby has seen the dead walking

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 01:17 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Perhaps more then just dead heroes were brought back by the Great Horn of Valere. This is just one theory which I don't belive. I wonder if anything about dead people has been said in any of the Dragon prophecies, I'll look it up.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 04:44 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

from http://www.theoryland.com/theories....3&theo=1750
Well, it seems that the title Knife of dreams is not some April Fool's joke, so I'll spell out what I think it means.

We know that dead heroes linked to the Horn reside in T'A'R until they are reborn. We also know Egwene has seen that the dreams of every person, perhaps the dreams of every person who ever was, in the gap between T'A'R and the waking world. And we also know that the Aelfinn and Eelfinn reside in a dimension somehow related to T'A'R, and they have enabled Mat to make use of memories of dead men, specifically of their moment of death. And finally we have seen that both the Amayar and Aiel have sayings/beliefs indicating that "life is but a dream from which we wake" (tSR) and the time of Illusions (dreams) is at an end. The last fact is that dead people have started showing up as ghosts in CoT.

All of this points to two things in my twisted mind: Dead people are 'stored' in an area related to T'A'R until their rebirth, and, The barrier between that area and the waking world has begun weakening.

The Title 'Knife of Dreams' refers to the final cutting through of that barrier. The dream world will no longer be separate from the waking world, and many many many more ghosts and undead creepy-crawlies will surface in the next book.

Now is that cutting through due to the pattern or the Dark One? Well, I ask you, will it increase chaos? Yeppers! The Dark One's efforts have been doing what since making endless summer four books ago? They've been tearing down the wall separating the living from the dead. While everyone is fending off ghosts and such, his Trolloc hordes will march across the World virtually unopposed.

What this means to anyone who dies during this time is a good question, but I'll wager Rand living and dying again is dependent on this taking place.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 05:52 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Hmm, thats one theory. A good one, finally an explanation for the title, I have wondered what it could mean for some months now.

By the way: "What this means to anyone who dies during this time is a good question, but I'll wager Rand living and dying again is dependent on this taking place."
Rand is not supposed to die and live again (if thats what he meant by living and dying again). It was a prophecy concerning Mat which was fullfilled in book 4 or 5.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 06:17 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

we're not sure if the prophecy concerning Mat dying and living again has been reached yet..

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 07:28 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

for the "Who killed Asmodean?" question, let's analyze this:

Asmodean says: "You? No!" before dying. So it must be a Forsaken that he knows. (RJ says its obvious, so i'll go with the obvious of it being a Forsaken)

Ishamael: Dead, even if alive, he has a new body, so Asmodean wouldn't recognize him.

Demandred: LOC, Prologue, The First Message, pages 15-16, Lanfear has vanished without a trace, just as Asmodean did. He wouldn't lie about this to the Dark One at Shayol Ghul

Semirhage: LOC, Chapter 6, Threads Woven of Shadow, 141, Sem thinks Asmodean. A traitor, and so doomed but he really had vanished... and later If the Great Lord moved her here secretly, might he not be moving Moghedien or Lanfear, or even Asmodean?
Obviously does not know if Asmodean is dead or not

Moghedien: Under the effects of forkroot, and/or prisoner of Nynaeve with the a'dam

Aran'gar + Osan'gar: See Ishamael

Mesaana: Hadn't been mentioned up to this point

Shaidar Hadran: Wouldn't have been recognized by Asmodean

Sammael: LOC, Chapter 6, Threads Woven of Shadow, 133, we have big evidence "Rumors! Lanfear has been aiding al Thor since the beginning, if you [Graendal] ask me. I would have had his head in the Stone of Tear except that someone sent Myrddraal and Trollocs to save him! That was Lanfear; I am certain. Im done with her. The next time I see her, Ill kill her! And why would he kill Asmodean? I would if I could find him, but he has gone over to al Thor. Hes teaching him!
Sammael probably isn't lying here because of the pure fury he's in; he's known to lose himself in his anger

Lanfear: Prisoner of the Finns.

so that leaves...Graendal.

There ya go, Graendal killed Asmodeon

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 08:34 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Looks right. But why does it have to be a Forsaken? It is one thing which complicates it being a Forsaken, why didn't anyone sence the killing? The Castle was filled with Wise Ones and Rand.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 12:31 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Nice theroy Bugaloo. It doesn't sound like something Graendal would do but she's most likely the cuprit. And there is something about Rand seemingly dying Morridini. Egwene had a dream about it.
''Logian laughing, stepped across something on the ground and mounted a black stone; when she looked down, she thought it was Rand's body he had stepped over, laid out over a funeral bier with his hands crossed at his breast, but when she touched his face, it broke apart like a paper puppet.''
Thats just one vision, theres a few more but they indicate that Rand's going to fake his death to get something done. But it was Mat who was supposed to die and live again, and that was done in the fight against Ravian.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 12:48 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

I think the reason it is one of hte Forsaken is because Asmodean recognized the culprit, and he is not likely to recognize anyone in this Age besides Rand, Aviendha, Mat and the Forsaken

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 04:28 PM