KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Wheel of time.

Wheel of time.
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

I believe it has to be one of he Forsaken but when looking at Grendeal's lifestyle and acounts from other Forsaken's POVs I can't see her taking such a large risk of being discovered. Unless she was ordered by the DO ofcourse

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 11:57 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterWizard

This was puzzled out by others, so I take no credit.

It was definitely Graendal; and all of the clues are in the last few chapters of The Fires of Heaven.

When Moghedien is battling Nynaeve, she practically spills out the fact that Rahvin is expecting an attack, and he, along with Graendal are going to surprise him. Moghedien goes on to say something about Lanfear "plays a different game."

Fast-forward to Rand. Rahvin is not a good dreamer (this was mentioned previously), so why would he choose to fight in the World of Dreams? Because he has traps set and he is depending on Graendal’s help. Keep in mind that Rand walks by the pond pursuing Rahvin, and is attacked by fish. Later Rahvin is balefired (thus Mat and Aviendha are back), but Nynaeve still has to Heal Rand of the fish bites. Why? Because Graendal was responsible for the bites, else they would have disappeared with the balefire.

Fast-forward one hour to Asmodean. He is lounging by the "same" pond in the real world. He feels a chill (Graendal opening a gateway) and enters a nearby door which opens into a hallway. (The same door Graendal lurked in the World of Dreams to attack Rand). Graendal recognizes Asmodean and kills him on the spot.

Why didn’t Graendal just go back to Arad Doman? Well, she had to feel Nynaeve’s fire, and feared to leave right away (she may have thought it was Lanfear helping the cause). Or she may have seen Moghedien, and knowing her prowess in the World of Dreams, decided it was too risky to leave a trail for the spider to follow her to her lair. Fearing to channel, she waits about an hour, memorizes the spot, Travels to the real world. She spots Asmodean, kills him, and makes a gateway back to Arad Doman.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 12:11 PM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Well can't argue with that.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 09:17 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Its all too blurry for me to agree or disagree. I have to reread those books again.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 09:30 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

I read it last month and it all seems to fit so until it gets proven wrong I'll go along with that.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 08:49 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

I gave you exactly where all the other Forsaken were at the time--so we know it wasn't them, and MasterWizard went more in depth with Graendal

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 06:05 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I just wanted to tell u that I will be going away for 3-4 weeks now and won't be able to log in and post replies at that time. Or perhaps I am lucky and get acess to internet one of those days. Please cary on a discussion anyway.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 07:12 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterWizard

Yes, we need a new discussion since I brutally ended this one wink.

How about who and what is Padan Fain? Does he work under anyone's orders (other than his own)? Will he become the Dark One?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 07:36 PM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

He is a peddler who have been twisted by the Dark One into a thing which can't rest as long as Rand is alive. He has also been infected by the Spirit Mordeth from Shaidar Logoth and now thinks about himself more or less as Mordeth. And as it looks like he does not take orders from anyone.

And how/why would he become the Dark One? It is impossible for him to become it (since the DO is not a creation from their world).

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 08:45 PM
MasterWizard

Ok. I'm just taking theory descussions from another site to keep this thread going.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 12:11 AM
Morridini
Morridini

Ok. Here is perhaps an idea for discussion. What will happen to MAt in the following books? will the Daughter of the Nine Monns complete the ceremony and marry Mat? Will MAt then become the Emperor of the Seanchan once the Empress dies? And so on. Unfortunatly I can't be a part of this discussion, since my vacation starts in 2 hours. Bye.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 04:11 AM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

adios even though you can't see this...well you'll see it when you get back

We know that Tuon (easier to type than Daughter of the Nine Moons) will complete the ceremony--the Finns (i forget which are which) told him already. He won't be the emperor, he'll be like Queen Elizabeth's husband.

Though I believe he will go to Seanchan to bow before the Crystal Throne; i think it was foretold somewhere (I know that Rand bowing is in the Seanchan Prophecies of the Dragon)

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 04:49 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Perhaps Tuon completed the ceremony already. We know she only has to say the words three times in front of witnesses but nothing say's she has to do it in front of Mat. Besides she already seems to know that Mat will be her husband, else why would she go so far out of her way to stay nearby him.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 10:58 AM
Elmindreda

*a bit random*

mm.. Wheel of Time discussion? I haven't found people who like WoT for years!!! Wow, I'm very happy to have found this place. You all bring up some good points there.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 05:51 AM
Elmindreda is currently offline Click here to Send Elmindreda a Private Message Find more posts by Elmindreda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

after thinking about it for a while, i think that Tylin will sell Mat to Tuon like she said she would; Tuon will obviously complete the ceremony beacuse of what the Finn said.

and welcome to the discussion, Elmindreda

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 04:23 PM
Morridini
Morridini

I'm back.
Glad to see another WOT fan here, welcome Elmindreda. If you have any idea for a new discussion please come with it, looks like we have run dry at the moment.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 10:25 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Ok, looks like you are all gone. Too bad, it was fun as long as it was.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 10:51 PM
Morridini
Morridini

I am trying to revive this thread one last time. If none of u repleys after this then I will leave it forever.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 01:45 PM
MasterWizard

I recently restarted the series, and I am currently on book 3. When I read book 2 the first time, I missed a lot of details. I noticed as I was reading it this time all kind of things I didn't before.

What do you think will happen in Knife of Dreams?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 07:48 PM
Morridini
Morridini

I think we will see a lot to Taim and the Black Tower. And probably a fight between Taim and Rand/Logain, and then Logain would be the new M'hael.

I also think that Perrin will finaly try to save Faile, up till now he has only been lurcing around searching for her. But I don't remember book ten much. Did Faile start her own escape attempt?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 09:07 AM