KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Wheel of time.

Wheel of time.
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ElectricBugaloo
LP

no one was here, so i quit the thread,but i'm back now

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 07:19 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Good. Let's get this thread up and running again.
Something new to discuss... Who is who of all the reborn Forsaken?
this is what I think:

Moridin is Ishamael reborn. They both had some strage eyes and Ishamael's fire eyes could be an effect by Sras (or whatever it was called). They are also the only ones we have seen using the True Power.

Cyndae is Lanfear reborn. They both had an attachment to Rand. Cyndaea was thinking about hwo she didn't like Rand's women and that she wanted revenge, or something.
Aran'gar and Osan'gar are Balthamel and Agelmar. The one who created the Trolocs is the one who is now a woman. This is said straight out when we learn of them. The reason I think the other one is the one of thsoe two who did not creat the Trollocs is that he is the only dead male forsaken left. Who haven't been Balefired.

So what do u think. Do u disagree with me?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 08:07 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

yeah, i agree completely.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 12:20 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterWizard

I also agree.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 07:12 PM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Hmm. I actualy hoped to get a discussion going. Damn that not one of u had a different opinion.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 08:03 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

i think that it has become obvious who each of the Forsaken who died came back as.

Damnit, we have to wait a whole year for the next book

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 03:56 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Ok. Another attempt to revive this thread.

How do u think Thom will save Moiraine (as was viewed in one of Min's visions (or was it Egwenes dream?)). Will he and Mat enter the tower of Genji? And if they are, how are they gonna enter? After Perrin's encounter with Slayer it looked like u had to enter it through the wolf dream/Tel'aran'rhiod.

Any thoughts?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 08:08 PM
MrSpangle
Confused Anarchist

i half way through book 2. wait a second....Thoms still alive blink moirrane dies confused argh!! lol ah well this book so good u could tell me all there is to know, ruin every twist... and it would still rock. i just read an 11 book series before this one (david gemmell's drenai and SKillgannon the damned... cos they're all one series really) and this looks like one hell of a series also. cant wait to work my way through all these books!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 11:53 PM
MrSpangle is currently offline Click here to Send MrSpangle a Private Message Find more posts by MrSpangle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

*Bump*

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 09:21 PM
frodo34x
^_^

Im finding it hard to get into 'Path of Daggers'.
Did anyone else find that the series went sorta downhill and started to seem a bit, well, pointless after Rand captured Carheinen?

Click it to see my band's page.^

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 08:41 PM
frodo34x is currently offline Click here to Send frodo34x a Private Message Find more posts by frodo34x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Yeah the middle-last books got a bit boring. But then in book nine Winter's Heart RJ made up for it with the great ending. so book 5-8 is a bit boring yes.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 08:57 PM
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

Wow...been a little while since I've read book 10. Somebody refresh my memory here....I know Egwenes screwed after she went to remove the chains that prevent ships from crossing into the bay and that she was betrayed.

Rand is going to ally himself with the Seanchen forces, so they can prepare the land for the coming invasion of the Shadow.

What else?

"Below courage there's nothing"
"I will never let my comrades die"

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 09:18 PM
Big_Daddy2 is currently offline Click here to Send Big_Daddy2 a Private Message Find more posts by Big_Daddy2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

That's basically what happened in book 10. and Perrin was running around preparing to rescue Faile. And Rand had been told by Logain of Taim's treachery. and allover the place people were reacting to the huge amount of Source Channeling made by Rand en Nyna'eve. And Mat was still on the run with Tuon.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 09:25 PM
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

I would like to see more action, more battles. I'm tired of these past few books, with all their maneuvering, running, and political scheming. It's time to see some characters off'd!

"Below courage there's nothing"
"I will never let my comrades die"

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 02:30 PM
Big_Daddy2 is currently offline Click here to Send Big_Daddy2 a Private Message Find more posts by Big_Daddy2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frodo34x
^_^

Exactly. As soon as he can get the balls to axe one of the characters, the book will get better IMHO (I dont actually mind who.)

Click it to see my band's page.^

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 09:49 PM
frodo34x is currently offline Click here to Send frodo34x a Private Message Find more posts by frodo34x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

He don't have to kill of any the main characters. Just make something happen.
Let Rand bow before the Crystal Throne (as the Seanchen version of the Prophecy of the Dragon says), and then shatter it (as the true version says).
Let Mat find out some more about his memories, and let him marry the daughter of the Nine Moons.
Let Perrin save Fail and let him fight Slayer or something.
Let Moiraine come back, as is foretold by Min.
And let Tar'mon'gaidon start.

If he does those things then the next book will be great, even without any main characters dieing.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 07:13 PM
Fionnoula
Restricted

Account Restricted

i hope they don't kill Narishma, Nynaeve or Lan, and I hope they bring Moiraine back

Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again. - Mary Pickford

Reality continues to ruin my life

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 10:03 PM
Fionnoula is currently offline Click here to Send Fionnoula a Private Message Find more posts by Fionnoula Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Um, who is Narishma?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2004 08:40 AM
Fionnoula
Restricted

Account Restricted

the Arafelian Asha'man, genrally defined by his eyes, one of the only ones Rand trusts

Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again. - Mary Pickford

Reality continues to ruin my life

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 07:54 PM
Fionnoula is currently offline Click here to Send Fionnoula a Private Message Find more posts by Fionnoula Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Hmm, a long time since I read the last books. Was he the one who healed rand, and also stilling?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 08:27 PM