KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Star Wars Holiday Special.

The Star Wars Holiday Special.
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morridini
Morridini

The Star Wars Holiday Special.

Hi. Does anybody know if the plot in this movie has anything to say for the any other books? Do we ever see Chewbaccas family in any books? I cant remember that. And has anybody here seen this holyday special? I have downloaded it, but haven't seen it yet. Tell me if it is any good.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 10:46 AM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Lowbacca who pops up from time to time in some books like the NJO is family of Chewie if I'm not mistaken... that's about it

oh, and morridini... the movie is just plain awful. I suggest you delete it and not see it at all

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 11:24 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

i heard the holiday special was so horrible it was never shown again...so i'm not going to watch it. Yes, we have seen Lobacca, which is Chewies nephew if i remember correctly...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 08:01 PM
Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

Lowbacca is Chewie's nephew. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: At the end of the NJO, he and Lumparwumba ("Lumpy" from the Star Wars Holiday Special) assumed Chewie's life debt to Han. I think his family also appeared in a couple Han Solo books and were shown after Chewie died.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 10:17 PM
Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I've never seen the SW holiday special...everyone I've heard talk of it says its just plain awful

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 02:47 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I should have listended to you. I have just seen the Holiday special, and it was awful. The first ten minutes was only about some Wookies running around growling in their wookie language to eachother. To those of you who havn't seen it: DO NOT SEE IT.

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 03:12 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that'll teach you laughing out loud

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 03:13 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.::Levi@than::.

Damn! But I wanna see it. As strange as this may sound, I want to see what the fuss is all about.

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 03:37 AM
Click here to Send .::Levi@than::. a Private Message Find more posts by .::Levi@than::. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

That was what I thought, but now I regret. I couldn't even make myself see the entire thing, I skipped through the most of it just to get the plot.

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 04:28 AM
Dirty Vader

Hey seriously I watched the holiday special and I liked it. Sure Leia's singing at the end sucked at the cooking instruction too, but it wasnt that bad. As long as its not EU or SW canon I dont mind it.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 05:58 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

DV... you're sick stick out tongue

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 03:36 PM
Bagels

I started watching that and I had to stop. There was this one segment where Chewie's son is watching some holographic images or whatever, and it just DRAGGED! I couldn't take it. I knew it wasn't going to get better. Maybe they put Boba Fett in ESB to redeem his character. wink

Old Post May 7th, 2004 08:17 AM
Click here to Send Bagels a Private Message Find more posts by Bagels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

think it went on for 20 minutes that holographic thing messed

Old Post May 7th, 2004 04:04 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Let me see.

Sorry to dissapoint you but it only lasted for 2 minutes and 38 seconds. It felt a lot longer though. What about that cooking show Chewie's wife was looking at, wasn't that terrible?

Old Post May 7th, 2004 04:57 PM
yerssot

you're serious??? it was only 2 minutes 38????

Old Post May 7th, 2004 05:08 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Yup. I have it right here at my computer. The holograpgic show started 8 minutes into the movie and ended 10 minutes and 38 seconds into the movie.

Old Post May 7th, 2004 05:36 PM
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

That film is actually a bit boring.

I had to skip a few minutes when that damned holo-theater started.
You must be a real jedi to be able to watch that film from intro to credits.

Old Post May 14th, 2004 09:28 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

a BIT boring?? you must have seen another movie, cause the holiday special is deadly boring stick out tongue

Old Post May 14th, 2004 09:30 PM
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

No, No. I enjoyed it alot. It was 2:30 am when I started watching it.
----------------------------------
Itchy: Grrr! Hrrrgh!
Lumpy: Grrrgghh! yyyrhrhrhg!
Malla: yyrrh yrrhrh growl!
Itchy: Grr! urgh! Grunt!
-----------------------------------

Like one finnish guy said: "Somewhere in a galaxy far far away was a planet called Kashyyk where the wookies lived. And growling in there lasted from the crack of dawn to dusk.

-Someone who has seen the HDS.-

Old Post May 18th, 2004 12:48 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bagels

It's hard to believe that the holographic thing was only 2:38, but I think I know why it felt like longer. It was already dragging horribly by the time they got to it.

Old Post May 19th, 2004 12:52 AM
Click here to Send Bagels a Private Message Find more posts by Bagels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote