KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Galaxies

Star Wars Galaxies
Started by: Ken Kenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Guys, I'm back again with another question. Are the Pre-paid Game cards worth it for Galaxies? Basically I got a few of the requirements:

Minimum: Intel PIII 933 Mhz or AMD Athlon 900 Mhz; Recommended: Intel P4 1.5+ Ghz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+

Minimum: 256 MB RAM; Recommended: 512 MB RAM

100% DirectX 9.0 compatible computer

Required: 32 MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T & L) Capability; Recommended: 64 MB 3D Graphics card with Vertex Shader and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability

PCI, USB or Onboard Audio Device
Quad Speed CD-ROM drive or better
56K modem or faster Internet connection

I'm not buying anything rigth now. Just doing some research. confused

p.m. is the Total Experience package better than the Starter Kit?

Amazon sells it for $40. Worth it or not?

I'll be honest with you, don't even bother with the game if you don't exceed 1G of RAM and at least a 256 MB video card. I mean, I ran it before I had that, and in any major city I was lagging like hell. (This was with 512 RAM and a 128 MB video card. I still have the same AMD processor though, which pwns) You could probably get around that if you nerfed the special effects and picked low count servers, but who the hell wants to do that?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2006 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Many thanks DA...I better move on. Hopefully in the future this game will be improve.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2006 09:10 PM
Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by Boris
The game sucks.

Under 10k people are playing it....

WoW has 5 million...

Swg has 10k...

Hmmmm...

Did you even play pre-cu?

eek! haha! It's a popularity contest is it now?

And yes, unlike your abashed and misguided self sir I have played SWG in all stages of play the game has gone through. I can, with the justification that I have played through all changes, and now say that SWG is in parts much better than it ever has been. Of course there are flaws in the game, there a few bugs still about and SOE still retain there image as home-breakers but people learn to comprimise.

And please, anyone who has never played NGE and just listened to whinging veterans that their game has changed (it does say "gaming experience subject to change!) on geeky forums like this dont jump on the bandwagon smile

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 02:33 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

No, not a popularity contest, though WoW would win...

Just showing the difference in the two games, how one totally sucks ass and has a disgraceful amount of people playing.

While the other is a top quality game, voted 90% or more on nearly every review, with over 5 million SUBS! More than SWG has EVER even sold!

And I really can't believe that you played during pre-cu times, it's impossible that you could find the NGE better... unless you totally sucked ass at the game, bit too complicated for ya? Eh? EH?!

I mean I might just understand the CU, which made me quit in the first place, but the NGE... it's total garbage, you are in the minority of people who like it, check the official forums, game site... etc..

And the fact you said this..
quote:
And please, anyone who has never played NGE and just listened to whinging veterans that their game has changed

Leads me to believe that you, are not a veteran, did not play pre-cu, have no idea just how great the game was, and now love it as a 6 year old child could play it...

Saying the NGE is better than pre-cu is an insult to my, and ALOT of peoples intelligence.

Once again, anyone thinking about getting this game... do a bit of research and you'll make the right decision, SOE are just... ugh.. bad... bad people. Don't give them any more money!!!

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 03:54 PM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Dude, you honestly have no taste at all. And a short memory. I pwned your arse a month back when you came saying a load of stuff about how NGE sucks.

Truth is Pre-Cu was a horrid bit of intepretation of how SWG should be and it was an utterly childish and simplistic game. The only thing that got people was that it was Star Wars.

All you had to do to get uber on the server was get a buff and slap on some Composite Armour. That's it!

That is horribly lame.

Your just too extreme and childish with your arguments for me to take you seriously.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 07:53 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

quote:
ruth is Pre-Cu was a horrid bit of intepretation of how SWG should be and it was an utterly childish and simplistic game

Hahaha! And the NGE isn't?

Please, explain to me how pre-cu was " a childish and simplistic game"...

That is a silly, silly point. The NGE is a dumbed down version of a once great game, it has been said by the developers themselves numerous times!

Think you're a bit mixed up there.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 09:41 PM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ritalbringer

Let's hope SWG will die, so SOE could sell the license to someone who knows how to make MMO

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 07:32 AM
Click here to Send Ritalbringer a Private Message Find more posts by Ritalbringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

The way it's going it is sure to die. Hopefully they will put pre-cu back in as one last attempt to get some subscribers! big grin

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 07:14 PM
CobbleR
Kielbasa Sausage

What if Blizz got a hold of SWG. Wonder what would happen then.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 09:02 AM
Click here to Send CobbleR a Private Message Find more posts by CobbleR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CobbleR
Kielbasa Sausage

I just tried the 10-day free trail things they're giving out, and the game isn't too bad. A bit easy, but not that bad. Maybe if I had reactivated my account, and played my old character it might have been harder.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 02:05 PM
Click here to Send CobbleR a Private Message Find more posts by CobbleR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthBanevv
Sith Lord

What is with the HK-47 army?

I'm back!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 12:26 AM
Click here to Send DarthBanevv a Private Message Find more posts by DarthBanevv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dudeuk

Bleh, don't waste your time on SWG. Trust the people who are speaking negatively of it, they are telling you the truth!

just check out the swg forums to see how pissed off the existing players are mad

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 01:24 PM
Click here to Send dudeuk a Private Message Find more posts by dudeuk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthBanevv
Sith Lord

I don't think that it's bad, it's better than a lot of other SW games.

I'm back!

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 04:41 AM
Click here to Send DarthBanevv a Private Message Find more posts by DarthBanevv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I played this game Pre-CU. I had a Scout/Marksman Zabrak with a little medic, and I was aspiring to be a bounty hunter. Things were going well. I was in server where there were pretty many guys and gals who were practicing roleplaying (pretty rare, most players were either "lol" "rofl" "omg give me creds plz" guys, or veterans who didn't want to do anything with me), and I joined them. I joined the Imperial Army (and fleet, after JTL). I even had this nice pet, genetically engineered furious animal called Sabre (can't remember the species anymore), who fought like a demon and sacrificed himself many times when I was doing missions for either Jabba or Empire. It was a nice game, and I REALLY enjoyed flying in space with my TIE-Fighter.

Then CU came.

All my roleplaying buddies had either left the game or were mostly doing protests to bring Pre-CU back. Nothing fun in that part. But alongside not having much anyone to play with, I also noticed bad stuff in playing too. I couldn't wear the armor I had specialized to myself anymore (I really liked it). My pet was completely useless (it's HP was reduced by approximately 6000). It took much longer to kill individual monsters. So, with no friends, no fun in doing missions (which were actually pretty damn repetive before CU too, except for Jabba and some of the Imperial ones), and worthless equipment and pet all of sudden, all that I had left was flying in space (with no buddies though, it was quite depressing though).

I left the game and started playing WoW. I could count all the things SWG was better then WoW with one hand, where as WoW has probably close to hundreds of things done better then Galaxies.

I'm not saying that Galaxies sucks, and it's probably easier to start playing completely new.

But after CU, it just wasn't really for me. And I do feel some hate towards SOE because of that.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 05:03 PM
Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthBanevv
Sith Lord

Wow, that's sad. But could you explain to me what pre-CU is and CU?

I'm back!

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 11:27 PM
Boris

Before the NGE, when the game was actually good... well pre-cu was.

Cu was the Combat Upgrade, which dumbed the game down and pretty much fecked it up.

Then the NGE came along, which completely destroyed it.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 05:14 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by DarthBanevv
Wow, that's sad. But could you explain to me what pre-CU is and CU?

"Combat Upgrade

The Combat Upgrade was released April 27, 2005 and was a major revamping and rewriting of the entire Star Wars Galaxies combat, armor, and weapons system. A more "realistic" tone was set, whereas only certain characters in certain professions would use specific weapons and wear armor. In addition, the method of fighting in the game was redone with skill levels assigned to both players and game creatures. Under the new system, only a creature of similar skill level gives experience when killed and the more powerful creatures are almost undefeatable by a single player's attacks unless they are either wearing incredibly good equipment or they are jedi.

The Combat Upgrade drew tremendous criticism from gamers even before it was released. Upon its initial activation, a number of player issues were reported not the least of which was that players logging on found most of their weapons and armors useless under the new combat upgrade system. Another concern among many of the players was the lack of official documentation for the new system, leaving them to rely on FAQs posted in the game forums to learn to play this "new" game. To adapt existing characters to the new skill system, the developers implemented a "respeccing" system. Characters were allowed to trade skills gained in one profession for another in order to find a skillset-role under the new system, as their old skillset may not be as effective or their profession's roles may have changed (doctors and combat medics no longer had a crafting "branch" in their trees, smugglers gained crowd control abilities). The combat upgrade made it harder to gain experience alone, but also removed the ability for one player to defeat several powerful creatures unaided (the anecdotal player "soloing five rancors"). A large number of long-time players chose this time to leave the game."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 06:06 PM
Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthBanevv
Sith Lord

I see. That really sucks. But the other day when I was a level 25 I took down a level 70,And I am not a Jedi.

I'm back!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 06:23 PM
Boris

Evidence the game is pure garbage.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 04:41 AM
DarthBanevv
Sith Lord

Well a level 70 NPC, monster. A really, really slow one.

I'm back!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 05:54 AM