KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Silver Surfer vs Thor

The Silver Surfer VS Thor
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The SIlver Surfer 138 57.02%
Thor 104 42.98%
Total: 242 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Silver Surfer vs Thor
Started by: Loot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (92): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

I'd go for Thor. They're both more or less invulnerable but Thor has to take it on experience and fighting skills.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 10:56 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vu_Quang

quote:
Originally posted by JuggernautFan
thors abilities extend farther than just lighting and thunder. i say surfer would win if thor was fighting without his hammer. but with the hammer...... mjolnir is so powerful in thor's hand it's not even funny. silver surfer is not a match for thor. well he is, but not likely that he would win. even he admitted that thor's power was greater. i wish people would understand this.

yes even hulk can't lift his hammer off the ground...

speaking of that blasted hammer i belive i read this in wizard;..

thor's hammer is attracted to his hand like no other force; unstoppable. he threatened this power against loki his half brother i believe.. by giving him an altumatum as he held loki's head with his hand and then throwing his hammer into the atmosphere. he told loki to make good because there's nothing that can stop mjolnir from reaching his hand NOT EVEN LOKI'S HEAD.

so that hammer is definlty the trump card.

i still go with ss though. ^_^ i still dont even understand all the powers ss's got.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 01:02 PM
vu_Quang is currently offline Click here to Send vu_Quang a Private Message Find more posts by vu_Quang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

quote:
Originally posted by norrin radd
surfer can abosrb energy, can rearrange molecules, is more invulnerable then thor, has the same force, the same speed (without his board, with his board he is faster then thor), what can i say more, THOR LOOSES, you have to realize most of the time surfer donīt use all is power.

oh you mean like the time when silver surfer got angry at thor and said "I have held back long enough mad thor. with my board again beneath my feat... even a MAD GOD cannot stand the wrath of the silver surfer" . the energies burning wildly from his eyes. BUT thor easily swipes him aside with only one connection of his hammer. so while s.s. holds back MOST of the time, this however wasn't one of them. thor easily proved his superior. please let me know if you would like an issue number. i'd love to give it to you. big grin

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 03:17 PM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

quote:
Originally posted by vu_Quang
yes even hulk can't lift his hammer off the ground...

speaking of that blasted hammer i belive i read this in wizard;..

i still go with ss though. ^_^ i still dont even understand all the powers ss's got.

you should really read my previous post. you do know this fight has happened before right?? a couple of times. with thor as the victor (in warrior's madness though) and with surfer admitting that his power wasn't as great as thor's. also hulk proved unable to lift the hammer from the ground when it was still enchanted. but when odin lifted the enchantments on the hammer hulk had picked it up. thor thought hulk was going to break it at that time, but he did not.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 03:20 PM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

quote:
i donīt have that issue.
but show me ONE issue only one, where thor beats the surfer.
surfer can rearrange molecules, **** mjolnir.

ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...... i can't believe i'm debating with you because you don't even know what you are talking about. silver surfer arrives to fight thor at the end of thor vol 1. #486 (no confrontation), then in silver surfer 86 surfer and thor fight.... thor easily dispatchs surfer with 1 blow from his hammer. now you shouldn't really continue posting here because Thor IS more powerful of the 2. that is one issue.... and then later on..... surfer friggin admits that thor would have been more powerful than his own power cosmic had he not been augmented by an outside influence.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 03:25 PM
Loot

shut up man, i said i donīt have the issue, but i know the story, they only put thor that strong so people like you can be happy, but thor never really won to surfer, and vice versa.
and what about in the ultimates when magneto beat thor so easily, do you think that because they have writen the story like that this is true? NO,
even so i do believe that magneto can beat thor, just not so fast.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 05:03 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

quote:
oh you mean like the time when silver surfer got angry at thor and said "I have held back long enough mad thor. with my board again beneath my feat... even a MAD GOD cannot stand the wrath of the silver surfer" . the energies burning wildly from his eyes. BUT thor easily swipes him aside with only one connection of his hammer. so while s.s. holds back MOST of the time, this however wasn't one of them. thor easily proved his superior. please let me know if you would like an issue number. i'd love to give it to you. big grin

yes i want the number, and you donīt impress me, i still chooce the surfer any day to a guy like thor, and yes i admit i donīt like thor i think he is an awful character, but iīm trying to make a fair post, and really i still think surfer can beat thor.
And thor easily prove his superior, what???, where does you tell that he actually beat him?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 05:12 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

quote:
yes i want the number, and you donīt impress me, i still chooce the surfer any day to a guy like thor, and yes i admit i donīt like thor i think he is an awful character, but iīm trying to make a fair post, and really i still think surfer can beat thor.
And thor easily prove his superior, what???, where does you tell that he actually beat him?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. i can't believe this. i can't believe i'm argueing with you. you still pick surfer because you dont' like thor??? but thor has already won my friend. it even happens in silver surfers own comic book. it's in silver surfer #86. it doesn't SAY he wins. it shows it. thor hits him with his hammer, then it shows a streak (silver surfer) smash into a planet. thor lands on the planet and surfer is laying on the ground with his hand barely in the air when adam war lock shows up and saves his butt....... but somehow silver surfer would win right??? mad

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 05:54 PM
KillAll

quote:
shut up man, i said i donīt have the issue, but i know the story, they only put thor that strong so people like you can be happy, but thor never really won to surfer, and vice versa.
and what about in the ultimates when magneto beat thor so easily, do you think that because they have writen the story like that this is true? NO,
even so i do believe that magneto can beat thor, just not so fast.

the ultimate universe is just that. an alternate universe. it has no bearing on main stream marvel. again you have proven me right. thanx. in main stream marvel magneto has admitted the thunder god is someone he cares not to fight again. in the mainstream reality, thor has easily pounced magneto. he absorbed his energy barrier, and beat him mercilessly. Thor has won against the surfer, and surfer has admitted that thor is of greater power. what more do you want???? also... if you think i'm argueing because i like thor better you are dead wrong. i think surfer is a much better character but he is simply outclassed here. deal with it.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 05:57 PM
Loot

show me that, showm me a batle wher thor wins both magneto and surfer, not a story where they say thor is stroger, a story where the thunder god really beats him, and then i will shut up

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 07:41 PM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

In a rematch Surfer would fare better.

With a good f*cking writer Magneto would give Thor a VERY hard time. Lighting is electricity, electricity is a by-product of electro-magnetism. Magneto controls electro-magnetism and all related energies. F*ckin writers need to study their science.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 07:43 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

what??? i didnīt said thor would loose because i donīt like him
ann maybe iīm wrong but the story you arte talking about isnīt the one where thor is evil, you know when someone of the heros is turned bad, the others heros never really fight with them, thay only try to stop and turn them to normal, those fights donīt really count, but i donīt know if you are talking about these particular fight

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 07:45 PM
KillAll

quote:
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
In a rematch Surfer would fare better.

With a good f*cking writer Magneto would give Thor a VERY hard time. Lighting is electricity, electricity is a by-product of electro-magnetism. Magneto controls electro-magnetism and all related energies. F*ckin writers need to study their science.

and you need to study your magics. thor didn't use lightning to defeat magneto. why does everybody think rely's soley on lightning?? instead he absorbed his magnetic force field and beat him physically while magneto had no defense.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 07:45 PM
Loot

THANK YOU, finally someone understand what iīm talking about

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 07:46 PM
KillAll

quote:
show me that, showm me a batle wher thor wins both magneto and surfer, not a story where they say thor is stroger, a story where the thunder god really beats him, and then i will shut up

i friggin did give you an issue. silver surfer is unconscious after one hit, i'd say that is a ****in win you whiney ass wuss. i swear, you need to either start reading my posts, or you need to stop debating. surfer had lost his cool, then lost consciousness. whatever you want to believe is beyond me. i don't know how you draw your conclusion.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 07:47 PM
Marcellus
executioner

merged for obvious reasons

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 07:48 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

quote:
what??? i didnīt said thor would loose because i donīt like him
ann maybe iīm wrong but the story you arte talking about isnīt the one where thor is evil, you know when someone of the heros is turned bad, the others heros never really fight with them, thay only try to stop and turn them to normal, those fights donīt really count, but i donīt know if you are talking about these particular fight

just answer if the fight you are talking about is this one. i know what you are saying i just think if is the story iīm thinking it is, it donīt prove nothing, even so i could be wrong so tell me is it?

thanks venomfan

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 07:51 PM
Marcellus
executioner

more than happy to help

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 07:59 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
and you need to study your magics. thor didn't use lightning to defeat magneto. why does everybody think rely's soley on lightning?? instead he absorbed his magnetic force field and beat him physically while magneto had no defense.

What does studying magic have to do with my post?

Of course physically Thor would whoop his ass, he's class 100 for f*ck's sake. In a rematch, Magneto would be ready, he isn't stupid.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 08:02 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

quote:
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
What does studying magic have to do with my post?

Of course physically Thor would whoop his ass, he's class 100 for f*ck's sake. In a rematch, Magneto would be ready, he isn't stupid.

magneto has already said that he cares not to clash with thor again. thor is more versatile, and magneto is said to be a class 100 ton character also...... next.......

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2004 07:13 AM