KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Kill Bill References [merged]

Kill Bill References [merged]
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roundisfunny

Another link about references to other movies/TV shows/etc. in KB. He takes e-mail submissions, and he's missing at least a few items we've covered here, but he has a very slick-looking site, so feel free to fill him in (he also has a few that we don't--some pretty enlightening stuff).

Also--haven't seen it mentioned here, but the sheriff refers to the chapel slaughter as a "kill-crazy rampage", just as Mr. White referred to Mr. Blond's shooting spree in RD.

On that site referenced earlier, it says that Michael Parks (the sheriff) also plays the South American pimp who raised Bill. I had no idea! Good job, old boy! It also says that the character (Sheriff Earl McGraw) is the same one from "From Dusk 'Till Dawn", which means that KB must pre-date that film's events.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Last edited by roundisfunny on May 20th, 2004 at 12:29 AM

Old Post May 20th, 2004 12:23 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

I knew the Michael Parks thing confused

Old Post May 20th, 2004 04:36 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Ah, but did you know this?

Last night while watching "Jackie Brown" for the umpteenth time, I looked closely at Detective Dargus (Michael Bowen). Holy moly, I thought, that's the guy that played Buck the nurse!

I looked him up just now to get the actor's name, and the IMDb says that he is the half-brother of Robert and Keith Carradine. It doesn't say how he's related to David, but according to David's bio page, they are all brothers, so there we are.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post May 20th, 2004 11:12 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exfrey

you should watch Lady Snow Blood. then you will all realize where he ripped his crap film from. including some of the music. tarantino is a ****in tosser.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 05:24 PM
exfrey is currently offline Click here to Send exfrey a Private Message Find more posts by exfrey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote