KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Amélie

Amélie
Started by: Dim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KJ
Sausages

It's supposed to make Paris look really nice, because the director digitally removed all the grafitti and dirt from the streets.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2002 03:41 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Billy The Kid
Wanted dead or alive

laughing out loud

well, I guess that`s one way to go

Old Post Feb 15th, 2002 06:12 PM
Billy The Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Billy The Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Billy The Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I don't think you should let it being made by a Frenchman put you off, KJ..it really is a cute movie and I think you'd find it charming.. Amelie is supposed to be a lonely dreamer and I don't think that's particularly French.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2002 08:09 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Amelie got 4 cesars out of 19 (cesars=French version of the oscars)

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 06:21 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthKris
Her Darkness

I really loved amelie, saw it two times.
I'm just disapointed it didn't get any oscar, although this movie is a lot better than bridget jones diary for example...

Old Post Mar 27th, 2002 05:56 PM
DarthKris is currently offline Click here to Send DarthKris a Private Message Find more posts by DarthKris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I think it should have gotten an Oscar for something..I guess that since it's an American Academy they feel inclined to ignore whimsical French films laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 28th, 2002 02:45 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthKris
Her Darkness

yeah, at least they didn't ignore the african americans this time...
however, amelie is the best comedy I've seen in a looooong time

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 01:09 PM
DarthKris is currently offline Click here to Send DarthKris a Private Message Find more posts by DarthKris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

dont watch french movies

Old Post Apr 5th, 2002 04:21 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 5th, 2002 04:28 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Billy The Kid
Wanted dead or alive

It should have won oscar...absolutely

Old Post Apr 9th, 2002 06:18 PM
Billy The Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Billy The Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Billy The Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Sucks to see a French film, have to read the subtitles all the time. really really sucks

Old Post Apr 10th, 2002 10:59 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

What's wrong fint?..don't you read so good? stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 10th, 2002 02:03 PM
finti

I dont want to get bother with reading, I wanna watch the movie without distraction

Old Post Apr 10th, 2002 03:47 PM
mahdi
Goddess

I loved the movie. I got a chance to watch it on DVD and there are some really good extras on it. You guys should deffinately get it on DVD. Love the soundtrack too.

And if there were no rewards to reap,
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,
I certainly would've walked away by now.
(Tool- "The Patient")

Old Post Jan 25th, 2003 03:59 PM
mahdi is currently offline Click here to Send mahdi a Private Message Find more posts by mahdi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luce

Amélie

Many people like or even love the film Amélie (or Le Fabuleuse Destin d'Amélie Poulain, or in English, The Fabulous Destiny of Amélie Poulain). I searched, but didn't find a thread about it, so I decided to make one myself. Here you can post everything related to the film.

Personally, I really love Amélie. It's one of the best, maybe even the best European film I have ever seen. Not only is the film very comical, it also is very original, has a great soundtrack and great acting. Esspecially Audrey Tautou, who playes the role of Amélie Poulain, is doing a great job. I find it unbelievable and unfair Amélie didn't win any Oscars.

Ok, that was my humble opinion. Now you go.

"Now I can't have no 'curse' show, I mean I gotta throw in a few jokes in between the curses, I can't come out and go "Hello! Filth flar'n filth, mother****er, dick, pussy, snot, and shit. Good night!"

~Eddie Murphy in 'Raw'

Old Post May 1st, 2004 11:24 AM
Luce is currently offline Click here to Send Luce a Private Message Find more posts by Luce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

you sure? I thought there was one somewhere else...

technically, the movie could only win one oscar: best foreign movie

but yeah, wuved it happy

Old Post May 1st, 2004 11:27 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luce

Amélie was nominated for:

Foreign Language Film
Art Direction
Cinematography
Sound
Writing (original screenplay)

^^

"Now I can't have no 'curse' show, I mean I gotta throw in a few jokes in between the curses, I can't come out and go "Hello! Filth flar'n filth, mother****er, dick, pussy, snot, and shit. Good night!"

~Eddie Murphy in 'Raw'

Old Post May 1st, 2004 11:46 AM
Luce is currently offline Click here to Send Luce a Private Message Find more posts by Luce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

There was a thread in the Movie Reviews Forum :
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;threadid=22279

Old Post May 1st, 2004 12:38 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Yeh I liked this movie too. Kinda surprising since its french whistle

Kidding, french cinema is doing really well wink

Old Post May 1st, 2004 02:35 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

Didn't enjoy it much, it was average smile

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post May 1st, 2004 02:52 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote