KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » fox news to "do it better"...

fox news to "do it better"...
Started by: greyboy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kaleanae

I watch NewsHour with Jim Lehrer on PBS (Publib Broadcasting)

Old Post May 7th, 2004 04:26 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I just watch the local news...stick out tongue

Old Post May 7th, 2004 04:27 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scott hiwersh

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
What’s wrong with reading aloud the names of US-soldiers killed in Iraq? They’re dead, whether some hardcore republicans like it or not, and it’s worth letting the public know that war costs more than dollars – it costs the lives of young men and women.

But well, I’m European. I get my news from Danish channels or BBC, so could someone enlighten this Dane as to what is REALLY up?

Here is the problem, Koppel is reading these names out without any context to why they dies... These folks died for a cause they believed in, obviously very strongly. Koppel read these names out in an effort to make their sacrifice appear petty. That is why Fox News is going to pay tribute to their sacrifice, as well as read their names. All of this talk about bias reporting is crazy. Fox is clearly the only channel that presents an issue from both sides.... And because they do this, it infuriates other news organizations b/c they like to spin things to the left, and Fox presents the truth.

Old Post May 7th, 2004 09:42 PM
scott hiwersh is currently offline Find more posts by scott hiwersh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
What’s wrong with reading aloud the names of US-soldiers killed in Iraq? They’re dead, whether some hardcore republicans like it or not, and it’s worth letting the public know that war costs more than dollars – it costs the lives of young men and women.

But well, I’m European. I get my news from Danish channels or BBC, so could someone enlighten this Dane as to what is REALLY up?

Fox definitely has a conservative bias. CNN supposedly has a liberal slant, but I don't see it. They just do less of the "real news" and more sports, entertainment, etc. I never watch ABC, so I wouldn't know about that one. Despite the phrase "liberal media", there is no such thing, I don't know where that came from. Fox does not present issues from both sides. Well, maybe they try, but they always end up making Bush seem good.

And I don't understand what everybody's problem with Newsweek is... I like it a lot better than Time. Time reminds me of CNN--they talk a lot about health, sports, entertainment, etc, and are spending less and less space on actual news. Then when they do print an actual news article, it tends to have a conservative bias. For example, the whole Clarke conspiracy was presented from completely opposite perspectives in Time and Newsweek. Time printed an article about how Condoleezza Rice was getting "attacked" by the "liberal media". Newsweek printed an article about Richard Clarke and how strong they thought his testimony was.

Scott, I don't believe that all of the soldiers who died in Iraq believed in their cause. Many of them are against the war, but since they were already in the army, they had no say in the decision to ship them off to war.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post May 7th, 2004 10:03 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

i have a problem with both newtowrks....heres the deal...abc news is reading the names of dead soldiers because they know it will bring in the ratings...they could give a **** less about the soldiers dyin for the counrty...all abc wants is money same with fox **** bothe of them

Old Post May 7th, 2004 10:33 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

yes I used to watch the news but I stopped because I recognised that a lot of what they say can't be trusted... Even if some of it is true, they twist people's words around a lot and such..

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post May 7th, 2004 10:44 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote